20:59, Mon 18 Dec
They were a bit lucky with their break on the first one, with the all hitting the bastard rather fortuitously
21:00, Mon 18 Dec
TaylorJay84
Think on both goals if we had an Ederson type sweeper keeper the job is made more difficult to score, thought Ruddy although good tidy finishes was caught in no man’s land on both.
He's been a little better the last 2 games but his positioning for both goals was poor.
Charcy
Radavis
Senor_Droolcup
TaylorJay84
Second yellow then ref? Its a dive ffs

Absolutely should have been off

I reckon the referee saw enough contact to warrant him falling over but not enough for a foul. Quite Sensible decision really.

I quite often agree with you but this is nonsense.

I’m not saying that’s what I saw, I’m saying that’s what the ref’s justification will be for it. It saves him making a big decision. Which from a refs point of view is the most sensible thing. I haven’t seen a replay so I don’t know if there was any contact, but I think that’s what he’ll be thinking, especially as it’s been so quick. I suppose the other option would be to say contact and a pen….. he didn’t want to do either. Which I understand.
Charcy
Not going to read the thread but we need to get better at fouling in their half if we play that high and open.

I think Rooney is going to turn us into a decent side with better players. We play some good stuff and for me are showing sprouts of what is going to be the best football we've played for a long time.

I agree completely.

The tactics don't suit what we've got, such as the centre halves and a high line, but I said pre game that all I wanted from tonight is signs of progression.

I actually feel a bit more confident about the upcoming run of games based on what I've seen tonight and Wednesday.

We are a bit high and open but what's the alternative, sit in and invite them on and lose anyway?
H

Consistently correct.
Definitely need two new centre backs to play the way Rooney envisages. Sanderson is a lot slower than I thought.
Tha Project OBE
They were a bit lucky with their break on the first one, with the all hitting the bastard rather fortuitously

Oh no I agree.
Just thought on both Ruddy could have engaged the striker abit, he come and then stayed.
But it’s a choice for keepers, not slagging him.
Yep, I think Ruddy made the decision for noth players on the goals.
Ha I think Edersen would have been in no man's land. They both received the ball with half the pitch to go!

It would be nice to have him though.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
Never seen someone jump over the hoarding and sit in front of the home fans 😅

I think he got the idea from MOTD ,,, there was a couple of players that did it on Saturday - difference being that they did it in front of their home fans.
TaylorJay84
Think on both goals if we had an Ederson type sweeper keeper the job is made more difficult to score, thought Ruddy although good tidy finishes was caught in no man’s land on both.

Keepers are taught to defend one on ones completely differently nowadays than Ruddy demonstrated. For both one on ones a modern keeper would have retreated to his six yard back and not come out until the attacker reached the box.

They would have also had a higher starting position so every chance a modern keeper intercepts the first if he sees the opportunity
Pretty pleased with how the game's gone so far, especially considering recent performances.
We seem a lot more comfortable playing a passing game.

Get Ruddy gone and a better on the ball centre back and it'll look a completely different team.
Around a £150m worth of talent in their first 11 tonight. The rest of the league stands no chance.
21:02, Mon 18 Dec
Buchanan (I think) should have fouled straight after Bacuna lost the ball on the second one if we are going to press on that high.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
Great first 15 minutes The goals we’ve give away have been shocking hit the post and 10 seconds later it’s in our net then the second one we lose on edge of there area and again boom goal. Who is sitting in the middle ??

Cannot for the life of me understand why we are so flat across the middle of the pitch.

We are in straight lines all the time and they are passing through us dead flat

They look like scoring every time they attack.

I get it they are quality but deck me basics man

Great goal for blues needs to sort that mid out wide players need to work harder for me

As for ruddy get rid hopeless

Other than that good game tho they completely dominated last 25 of half.

Still only one goal unit so you never know
Interesting that on X there are a lot of neutrals questioning why their lad hadnt been sent off for a second yellow