00:54, Sun 21 Jan
Just for info Rags, youโ€™re DMs are full.

Again ?
I can't keep up with all the fan mail !
Apparently I'm a sex object !

Well, "prick" to be precise.

Free space now
03:00, Sun 21 Jan
Rags
Fair enough

Besides, alcohol messes you up if you have synesthesia - it's not fun

As I've told you before, I too have synesthesia.

I find a good quality pale ale helps no end.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
09:14, Sun 21 Jan
QBBC2
Silly question for someone who doesnโ€™t hire villa fans.

It's a hypothetical (just pretend they started there before he did).

Rags is okay not employing someone knowing they could just as easily get a job somewhere else. I'm interested on whether he'd make the same choice if it meant that person would get paid more than the other, knowing it could also make a difference to their hypothetical wife and kids.
09:33, Sun 21 Jan
Thongs
Rags is correct of course. You have to be able to work with these people. My list is slightly longer

No cyclists
No vegans
No lefties
No racists
No religious folk
No Irish
No women
No estate agents

What have the Irish and women done to you ?
09:34, Sun 21 Jan
Okay. Here's a question I have.

If you had a situation where you were looking to promote someone and had 2 candidates who were both suitable, but you knew one was a Villa fan. Would that impact your decision?

No .. that's different - that then becomes personal. I don't do personal.

Similarly i have taken over at companies who already had Villa fans there. The fact that they were Villa fans and i, as their boss, have a pathological dislike of Villa fans didn't affect their careers.

NB .. The fact that they always happened to be fecking idiots did.
09:41, Sun 21 Jan
... and additionally i have NEVER sacked someone purely because they were a Villa fan. There was always an over-riding justification that had nothing to do with them being a Villa fan ,,,

... ie liking pink too much, having a squeaky voice, having six toes or refusing to sing the company song (an old Harry Lauder standard) enthusiastically
09:42, Sun 21 Jan
Rags
LOL Goodnight my friend.gotta turn in busy day tomorrow. Sleep well after a nice 2.1 victory.
As DES would have said KRO

Aaaw .. you going ?

I have loads of bait left
Yes I knew you had..( I mentioned it to you a few messages ago.)Wasn't sure how far you would go ,but I see by the responses after I turned in that you kept going well.
Almost up to Thongs level,but only almost.
10:55, Sun 21 Jan
Rags
... and additionally i have NEVER sacked someone purely because they were a Villa fan. There was always an over-riding justification that had nothing to do with them being a Villa fan ,,,

... ie liking pink too much, having a squeaky voice, having six toes or refusing to sing the company song (an old Harry Lauder standard) enthusiastically

Which being honest is exactly the case here, they came third out of three. It just so happened that they were a Villa fan so you decided to make it a good afternoons entertainment on here. I can't believe the amount of people who think Rags the paragon of virtue would actually not employ someone just because if what football team they support.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
11:17, Sun 21 Jan
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. Don't change this strategy!!!!
11:21, Sun 21 Jan
Rags
Okay. Here's a question I have.

If you had a situation where you were looking to promote someone and had 2 candidates who were both suitable, but you knew one was a Villa fan. Would that impact your decision?

No .. that's different - that then becomes personal. I don't do personal.

Similarly i have taken over at companies who already had Villa fans there. The fact that they were Villa fans and i, as their boss, have a pathological dislike of Villa fans didn't affect their careers.

NB .. The fact that they always happened to be fecking idiots did.

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘
11:36, Sun 21 Jan
El Mayor
Iโ€™ve always thought interviews are decided in the first thirty seconds; first impressions are hard to shake and so Iโ€™m not surprised if anyone would decide against employing someone cos of who they support.

After all, one of the main things about interviewing someone is youโ€™ve got to work with them - which means it comes down to โ€œcan I trust them to do the job?โ€ as much as anything doesnโ€™t it?

Or am I painfully naive about this?

I've interviewed and employed loads of people. That's complete bollocks ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
11:55, Sun 21 Jan
Yeah, Iโ€™ve had people change my mind after second interview. First impressions do count but a lot change, especially when the competency questions come out to play
12:07, Sun 21 Jan
I may have posted this before but when my son was born the ward had a lock on the door, when leaving you had to walk to the desk and asked to be let out by using a button behind the desk. the door was maybe 20 yards from the desk.
When walking out the one time I glanced behind to see someone with a Grealish haircut (he was at villa at the time) following behind me by a couple of yards, so I let the door close behind me and he had to walk back to the desk to be let out!
It's a new dawn, it's a new day
Keith Righton
I may have posted this before but when my son was born the ward had a lock on the door, when leaving you had to walk to the desk and asked to be let out by using a button behind the desk. the door was maybe 20 yards from the desk.
When walking out the one time I glanced behind to see someone with a Grealish haircut (he was at villa at the time) following behind me by a couple of yards, so I let the door close behind me and he had to walk back to the desk to be let out!

This thread has turned into a SHA classic - when do I start Rags?
Up the feckin Blues
12:20, Sun 21 Jan
ZLAMMER
and you are proud of that?

wow.

I agree that this is very unprofessional and bad management skills and also immature. I work with lots of Villa fans who are excellent at their jobs and an asset to the company. We have banter, disagreement but in the workplace the business comes first. Itโ€™s not the school playground!