13:00, Sat 20 Jan
I would love to work with just dogs. Even throw in a few XL Bulldogs.

To be fair my list in simple. I work alone these days and that's the plan forever more.
Tam
13:00, Sat 20 Jan
Fat Buddha CBE
Fat Buddha CBE
Fat Buddha CBE
It genuinely doesn’t bother me as to who someone has played for or supported when it comes to them being at Blues. As long as they’re doing their best for us, that’s all that counts for me. And, as with the Grealish thread, if someone is kind, denting it because of their football allegiance or who they’ve played for is a bit daft to me. Each to their own, of course.

We use a web designer who’s a Villa fan and a lovely bloke. If he was on the payroll, there’d be no problem as he’s completely down to earth. That said, if you have to work with the person, then it’s important that there’s as little opportunity as possible to clash, and I can see how that could get a bit sparky. I wouldn’t employ anyone that hated dogs, for example (fears aside of course) or was involved in shooting or hunting. It wouldn’t work- it really wouldn’t work - so I can see it from that point of view.

Simple prejudice. That’s ok, no need for anyone to get all precious about it.

Was I getting precious? So sorry. I do have a prejudice against horrible effers though.

Rude

Yeah, I should have added ‘no offence’. 😁

Have a poem
[x.com]

I hate cricket.
Make Blues Great Again
13:03, Sat 20 Jan
After many many years of having the piss took out of me for being a blues fan I’ve grown up to detest the scum having been brought up living many years in erdington happily moved from that place now but I hate them lot with a passion , anyway me and the missus ( she’s blues as well and hates Witton also ) was away for a long weekend a few months back and we was in the town walking round the shops and outside this one shop this bloke was standing outside looking at his phone and as I got closer to my horror he was wearing a Witton home shirt I looked at him and I was nearly being sick so I walked up and stood in front of him and started singing sotv not loud just so he could hear it …my missus just walked off and this bloke looked at me and just huffed and said blues ah and I said yes of course and a proud brummie , he had a Lancashire accent says everything ..

Linked Image
13:04, Sat 20 Jan
Fat Buddha CBE
Rags
I've posted about this before a couple of years ago and got called out for being immature.

But i refuse to change.

I've been recruiting this month for someone one management level below myself - someone who will be reporting to me. Lots of applicants of a very high standard all with good experience. I think you can say we were over-subscribed with applicants.

Came down to 3 stand out applicants after online Teams interviews. So time to meet them in the flesh.

Pretty non-standard Rags type interview - kind, fair but like to throw a few curve-balls in to test capability under pressure.

As usual, towards end of interview i always ask about outside interests and activities (pretty standard interview question) ... and i always follow up with, "anything else ? do you follow football ? Oh, really, any particular team ?"

If you EVER get this question in an interview ALWAYS reply, "no, just follow it in general".

Third interviewee (after one of the other two had proven to be excellent) was also doing excellent. His answer to the question was "actually yes, i'm a season ticket holder at Aston Villa". We have a brief, nice discussion about how well Villa are doing this season etc etc etc.

Interview ends, we shake hands, agree date for when i will contact him to see if he's been successful etc, he leaves. He's gone.

I laugh to myself, rip the printed copy of his CV into about 30 pieces and throw it in the bin and say to myself "feck off tw@t"

YES YES YES , i know, it's pathetic, immature and juvenile - but Christ it makes you feel good. All those years of mocking, all the times being bullied at schools full of Villa fans, all the sneers, all the not-very-funny digs. Revenge is mine !!

So if anyone ever asks you if you follow a football in an interview (or quite slyly inserts it into general chat etc) then always make sure you give a neutral response. You never know ... the very professional, business-like senior person interviewing you may just, underneath that thin veneer of respectability, have a pathological hatred of your particular club.

... and "no", i won't change. Even if the other applicants hadn't been as equally good i would have just gone back to the market until i found an excellent candidate who wasn't a Villa fan

They really are fecking idiots
So what would you have done if he had a small family, struggling to pay bills and keep his head above water? Football is only a game, Life is real

What would you do Gerry, give all the candidates the job? Someone has to lose in this game of life
Obviously I can't give them all the job, but no way would I use football not to employ someone.
13:04, Sat 20 Jan
Tam
Fat Buddha CBE
Fat Buddha CBE
Fat Buddha CBE
It genuinely doesn’t bother me as to who someone has played for or supported when it comes to them being at Blues. As long as they’re doing their best for us, that’s all that counts for me. And, as with the Grealish thread, if someone is kind, denting it because of their football allegiance or who they’ve played for is a bit daft to me. Each to their own, of course.

We use a web designer who’s a Villa fan and a lovely bloke. If he was on the payroll, there’d be no problem as he’s completely down to earth. That said, if you have to work with the person, then it’s important that there’s as little opportunity as possible to clash, and I can see how that could get a bit sparky. I wouldn’t employ anyone that hated dogs, for example (fears aside of course) or was involved in shooting or hunting. It wouldn’t work- it really wouldn’t work - so I can see it from that point of view.

Simple prejudice. That’s ok, no need for anyone to get all precious about it.

Was I getting precious? So sorry. I do have a prejudice against horrible effers though.

Rude

Yeah, I should have added ‘no offence’. 😁

Have a poem
[x.com]

I hate cricket.

😀
Reported
13:08, Sat 20 Jan
After many many years of having the piss took out of me for being a blues fan I’ve grown up to detest the scum having been brought up living many years in erdington happily moved from that place now but I hate them lot with a passion , anyway me and the missus ( she’s blues as well and hates Witton also ) was away for a long weekend a few months back and we was in the town walking round the shops and outside this one shop this bloke was standing outside looking at his phone and as I got closer to my horror he was wearing a Witton home shirt I looked at him and I was nearly being sick so I walked up and stood in front of him and started singing sotv not loud just so he could hear it …my missus just walked off and this bloke looked at me and just huffed and said blues ah and I said yes of course and a proud brummie , he had a Lancashire accent says everything ..

Linked Image

Worthy of Ted Chippington
13:11, Sat 20 Jan
Rags
I've posted about this before a couple of years ago and got called out for being immature.

But i refuse to change.

I've been recruiting this month for someone one management level below myself - someone who will be reporting to me. Lots of applicants of a very high standard all with good experience. I think you can say we were over-subscribed with applicants.

Came down to 3 stand out applicants after online Teams interviews. So time to meet them in the flesh.

Pretty non-standard Rags type interview - kind, fair but like to throw a few curve-balls in to test capability under pressure.

As usual, towards end of interview i always ask about outside interests and activities (pretty standard interview question) ... and i always follow up with, "anything else ? do you follow football ? Oh, really, any particular team ?"

If you EVER get this question in an interview ALWAYS reply, "no, just follow it in general".

Third interviewee (after one of the other two had proven to be excellent) was also doing excellent. His answer to the question was "actually yes, i'm a season ticket holder at Aston Villa". We have a brief, nice discussion about how well Villa are doing this season etc etc etc.

Interview ends, we shake hands, agree date for when i will contact him to see if he's been successful etc, he leaves. He's gone.

I laugh to myself, rip the printed copy of his CV into about 30 pieces and throw it in the bin and say to myself "feck off tw@t"

YES YES YES , i know, it's pathetic, immature and juvenile - but Christ it makes you feel good. All those years of mocking, all the times being bullied at schools full of Villa fans, all the sneers, all the not-very-funny digs. Revenge is mine !!

So if anyone ever asks you if you follow a football in an interview (or quite slyly inserts it into general chat etc) then always make sure you give a neutral response. You never know ... the very professional, business-like senior person interviewing you may just, underneath that thin veneer of respectability, have a pathological hatred of your particular club.

... and "no", i won't change. Even if the other applicants hadn't been as equally good i would have just gone back to the market until i found an excellent candidate who wasn't a Villa fan

They really are fecking idiots

Love to hear that Rags.
I Needed some garden maintenance done at the start of last summer, Always make anyone working in/around the house a cuppa (of course in my blues mug) On the way out thanks for the tea but says to get the villa mug ready next time. Number deleted new gardener sourced, Turned up.. Real character and of course big blues fan. He now has work for as long as I have a garden that I am too lazy to sort
Tam
13:11, Sat 20 Jan
About five years ago I was having a quiet drink in a local pub by myself, reading a classic car magazine IIRC, and keeping myself to myself, when a fat bloke in a Villa shirt started talking to a couple of Geordies who were staying over with work. They were Newcastle fans, and were talking about the Midlands clubs, The two Geordies were saying how much they liked the West Midlands clubs.

Villa fatty pipes up with ‘Blues are w*nkers though, aren’t they?’ ‘No’, said one of the Geordies. ‘Blues are proper fans. We think that Villa fans are the only w*nkers in the area’.

Conversation sort of died after that....
Make Blues Great Again
13:13, Sat 20 Jan
davenports
You may call them villa sympathisers ,others may call them Grown ups.
Or perhaps they are just not "Proper Blues", who knows?

Correct
13:17, Sat 20 Jan
Rags
"you are one sad and tragic individual" .. absolutely !! Didn't i admit it is immature and juvenile from the very start ?

TBF, self-awareness is always a good thing!
The cold never bothered me anyway
13:20, Sat 20 Jan
Tam
About five years ago I was having a quiet drink in a local pub by myself, reading a classic car magazine IIRC, and keeping myself to myself, when a fat bloke in a Villa shirt started talking to a couple of Geordies who were staying over with work. They were Newcastle fans, and were talking about the Midlands clubs, The two Geordies were saying how much they liked the West Midlands clubs.

Villa fatty pipes up with ‘Blues are w*nkers though, aren’t they?’ ‘No’, said one of the Geordies. ‘Blues are proper fans. We think that Villa fans are the only w*nkers in the area’.

Conversation sort of died after that....

See, that just illustrates the sheer ignorance of Villa fans - what other answer did he expect if he'd even been vaguely aware of his own club's history. Newcastle fans have hated Villa since 2009 when the Villa fans had all those banners at Villa Park mocking Newcastle's relegation
13:21, Sat 20 Jan
\it's just that I find sweeping generalisation about the personality and ability to do a job based on which football team they support which was probably influenced by their Parents allegiances a bit silly.
Would you refuse emergency care from someone if they supported the wrong team
13:29, Sat 20 Jan
\it's just that I find sweeping generalisation about the personality and ability to do a job based on which football team they support which was probably influenced by their Parents allegiances a bit silly.
Would you refuse emergency care from someone if they supported the wrong team

Their ability to do a job ... and their actual personality .... are two entirely different things. We are talking about someone i would have to employ, support, converse with and listen to, every day until i retire.

Look at it another way .. i was being entirely fair to him as he wouldn't have wanted to work for someone who had such a poor view of him from the outset, and who was immature enough to dislike him purely for him supporting Villa. It's for his own good.

Now he is free to go and be a massive bell-end somewhere else.

To answer an unasked question .... would i have employed a lesser excellent Blues fan over the very excellent Baggies fan who got the job, just because they were a Blues fan ? No. That would be stupid and harmful and detrimental to the company.
13:34, Sat 20 Jan
I spent most of my working life working for companies based around the country so generally bosses and staff supported other teams. I once and only once worked for a blues fan, I thought it would be great- was the biggest prick I have ever known.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
13:41, Sat 20 Jan
I’m the same with people who play golf.