16:50, Sat 20 Jan
Super Hans
gerry1875
Super Hans
Early contender for post of the year with the amount of tears this has caused, up the rags.
Are you for real? It's pathetic, it's judging people by his standards, hate to have you lot in the trenches with me

I’ll be in the trenches that has no DvB’s 👍

😁
16:56, Sat 20 Jan
Be careful Rags. In making this public you could be attacked for a breach of the Disability Discrimination Act.

Great work though.👍
17:08, Sat 20 Jan
As I said,very important ,especially in your own head

You obviously missed the point where i said that "EVERYONE is brilliant at something and it's usually something you're not brilliant at yourself" .. i'm not important at all, i'm just lucky that one of the things i'm good at pays decently

In my head, and i know it as a fact, i'm the UK's most brilliant unpublished poet ... and a much better poet than i am a Finance Manager ... can i earn a living at that ? No.

... but i know how to look after the Commercial side of engineering companies - and i'm nowhere near the most important person in them - the engineers do the clever stuff - i just feck around with maths, spreadsheets and introduce processes
17:23, Sat 20 Jan
Sad.
19:16, Sat 20 Jan
Why are you all trying to justify this idiot Rsgs, he his the worst type of nazi I have ever known, but guess who will be barred when the mods see this bollox, it will be me, he's a racist arsrehole
19:24, Sat 20 Jan
Rags
As I said,very important ,especially in your own head

You obviously missed the point where i said that "EVERYONE is brilliant at something and it's usually something you're not brilliant at yourself" .. i'm not important at all, i'm just lucky that one of the things i'm good at pays decently

In my head, and i know it as a fact, i'm the UK's most brilliant unpublished poet ... and a much better poet than i am a Finance Manager ... can i earn a living at that ? No.

... but i know how to look after the Commercial side of engineering companies - and i'm nowhere near the most important person in them - the engineers do the clever stuff - i just feck around with maths, spreadsheets and introduce processes
Ah yes,I must have missed that point ,Although I find it hard to square your point about everyone being excellent at something with the statement that they really are feckin idiots.What a ridiculous generalisation
19:24, Sat 20 Jan
Just saw this thread.
In and around the bottom end of Garrison Lane there was just one villa supporter, Bernard W. he came out of Garrison Street and was a dustman. He played football with us over the park from a lad onward and drank with us in the Garrison.How he came to support villa I never asked.He was one of us,a Brummie and a mate.
19:25, Sat 20 Jan
Why are you all trying to justify this idiot Rsgs, he his the worst type of nazi I have ever known, but guess who will be barred when the mods see this bollox, it will be me, he's a racist arsrehole

I'm a racist ???

A Nazi ?

I have a passionate dislike of Villa fans and Tories - i think you may be getting your terminologies mixed up
19:43, Sat 20 Jan
Beau Pie
Just saw this thread.
In and around the bottom end of Garrison Lane there was just one villa supporter, Bernard W. he came out of Garrison Street and was a dustman. He played football with us over the park from a lad onward and drank with us in the Garrison.How he came to support villa I never asked.He was one of us,a Brummie and a mate.
Truth be known most of us grew up with Blues and villa supporters in the same area. You usually follow the team that you grew up watching your family support. I am the third generation of five generation of Blues and the fella I worked with for years is from a family of villa going back years. He's certainly not as Rags puts it a"fecking idiot".,just a nice bloke who supports a different club
19:46, Sat 20 Jan
My best mates a Villa fan, hes a season ticket holder. We never banter each other about Blues and Villa, we just dont mention it lol
19:53, Sat 20 Jan
Beau Pie
Just saw this thread.
Truth be known most of us grew up with Blues and villa supporters in the same area. You usually follow the team that you grew up watching your family support. I am the third generation of five generation of Blues and the fella I worked with for years is from a family of villa going back years. He's certainly not as Rags puts it a"fecking idiot".,just a nice bloke who supports a different club

"He's certainly not as Rags puts it a"fecking idiot""

Well, there's nothing like taking something completely out of context is there ?

Anyone who goes into a job interview and nails their team colours to the mast IS a "fecking idiot" and that's what i was refering to.

I never would. It's something you should play down, and that includes Blues fans, until you know something about the person who's interviewing you

Your mate, the Villa fan, probably isn't " a fecking idiot" overall - but if he goes to a job interview and speaks so enthusiastically about how much of a passionate Villa fan he is then he IS, in that moment, "a fecking idiot"

Now, i'm really sorry if you can't grasp this simple concept - perhaps you spend too much time around Villa fans - perhaps you aren't that old, i don't know.

PS .. my exact quote since you seem to either be unable to read it, or remember it was "So if anyone ever asks you if you follow football in an interview (or quite slyly inserts it into general chat etc) then always make sure you give a neutral response. You never know ... the very professional, business-like senior person interviewing you may just, underneath that thin veneer of respectability, have a pathological hatred of your particular club."
19:56, Sat 20 Jan
My best mates a Villa fan, hes a season ticket holder. We never banter each other about Blues and Villa, we just dont mention it lol

Exactly !! There's a time and a place for these things.
19:58, Sat 20 Jan
in your opinion. Other interviewers may love his passion for his football team and have no allegience to a team and think he's a splendid candidate.
20:01, Sat 20 Jan
in your opinion. Other interviewers may love his passion for his football team and have no allegience to a team and think he's a splendid candidate.

Oh yes Zlammer ... and the next person i interview may walk in cussing off black people and saying how he loves going on BNP marches at weekends etc etc ... i should definitely employ him due to his enthusiasm and passion for the things he believes in

Think about it ... WHY would an interviewer be asking if someone supports or follows a particular team rather or even if they follow football in general ?
Bordesley not Small Heath
davenports
If I'm honest I have more time for villa fans around Birmingham if they are from traditional villa families etc. What really gets me are middle aged blokes who insist on supporting Man City, Chelsea,Liverpool ,Man U, etc .or whoever is suddenly doing well. A few years ago you used to see Blackburn Rovers tops around the town until they plummeted.What gets me is that they always try to justify it with weird reasons rather than just saying it's glory hunting.
Just me I suppose.

Agree.
I don't usually like to hear that Villa fans are from Walsall area and black country either. That area has it's own clubs so why do they drive past those grounds on their way to VP? Gawd knows how many fans the Saddlers have lost to them?

Picking the biggest club, Villa( you are not chosen if you live nearer to Walsall wba and Wolves) is a blatent attempt at glorying hunting, although the irony is they haven't won anything for yrs.

That said 'i treat as i find' including villa fans
I was born and bred in the Black Country.
Missed one game this season. I’m more Brummie than 95% of Brummies
Tony Fantastico