12:43, Sat 20 Jan
In fact thinking about it now .... this isn't really THAT cruel.

Now what would be cruel would be if, after i'd decided he was UNsuccessful, i had rung his boss (who i know of) and asked for a reference for him because he'd applied for a job at our place.
12:43, Sat 20 Jan
My last job interview was 38 years ago. I’d had a motor bike accident and was getting over a broken femur. I could not do my old job so my now ex wife got me an interview at Marks and Spencer in High Street Birmingham. I had a pronounced limp at the time. I saw one suited manager and could tell he was unsure if I could do the warehouse job . I was sent to see a warehouse manger. Knocked on the door went in to see a guy in a blue cowgown . A few general questions. Then he asked do you like football? I replied yes I do . Then the killer question from him .
‘ which side of the city do you support ‘ ? I replied proudly Blues. He stood up And said welcome to Marks and Spencer. I stayed ther 34 years .
Happy days .
12:45, Sat 20 Jan
I was broken down in Nottingham city centre one freezing cold Saturday. In an Alfa Romeo of course and to add to my lucky day Vile were in town and three of them came up to me to ask me where a pub was. I knew and told them I have no idea, not quite up there with Rags but satisfying. One of them actually looked just like Grealish as well. My day was well and truly ruined just seeing them. Oh and the head gasket had gone so cost me loads.

"In an Alfa Romeo of course" ... fecking 'ell, it got you to Nottingham in the first place ?

(you must live in Beeston perhaps - can't be Brum)
12:46, Sat 20 Jan
Wonder what became d Sad Steve of Beeston
12:47, Sat 20 Jan
I’m sorry to have hurt your feelings stetchy, I’d thought you were made of sterner stuff
12:48, Sat 20 Jan
I lived in Nottingham city centre at the time so it didn't even get me 500 yards that day. I was taking my daughter and nieces to a birthday party. They were not happy but at least they got to go back to the flat whilst I waited for 4 hours. You can imagine the amount of Alfa comments I got. Not from the vile fans, they still rode horses
12:48, Sat 20 Jan
I'm not entirely sure this strange tale even happened tbh.

But if it did, then you are one sad and tragic individual.
The cold never bothered me anyway
12:49, Sat 20 Jan
Thongs
Rags is correct of course. You have to be able to work with these people. My list is slightly longer

No cyclists
No vegans
No lefties
No racists
No religious folk
No Irish
No women
No estate agents
No racists but No Irish 😳
12:50, Sat 20 Jan
My last job interview was 38 years ago. I’d had a motor bike accident and was getting over a broken femur. I could not do my old job so my now ex wife got me an interview at Marks and Spencer in High Street Birmingham. I had a pronounced limp at the time. I saw one suited manager and could tell he was unsure if I could do the warehouse job . I was sent to see a warehouse manger. Knocked on the door went in to see a guy in a blue cowgown . A few general questions. Then he asked do you like football? I replied yes I do . Then the killer question from him .
‘ which side of the city do you support ‘ ? I replied proudly Blues. He stood up And said welcome to Marks and Spencer. I stayed ther 34 years .
Happy days .

I was at St Andrews back in 1980 (i think) with a group of friends, and along the line one friend was discussing with another that he was being made redundant (weren't we all at some point under Thatcher ?)and was worried about finding another job. Bloke standing behind must have heard the discussion and leant forward and said "i work in the same trade as you - come and work for me" ... my friend talked to him for a while and then said "so when do you want me to come in for a formal interview ?" ... and the bloke replied "you've just had it - you're Blues, that's good enough for me"
Tam
12:51, Sat 20 Jan
Partisan Blues Fan
Thongs
Rags is correct of course. You have to be able to work with these people. My list is slightly longer

No cyclists
No vegans
No lefties
No racists
No religious folk
No Irish
No women
No estate agents
No racists but No irish 😳

Relieved that he missed out ‘no dogs’ though. That would have crossed a line.
Make Blues Great Again
12:53, Sat 20 Jan
Tam
Tam
Partisan Blues Fan
Thongs

No cyclists
No vegans
No lefties
No racists
No religious folk
No Irish
No women
No estate agents

How about Irish wolfhounds?
12:54, Sat 20 Jan
I'm not entirely sure this strange tale even happened tbh.

But if it did, then you are one sad and tragic individual.

"Did it happen ?" ... yes ... Thursday. I've done it a few times previously too

"you are one sad and tragic individual" .. absolutely !! Didn't i admit it is immature and juvenile from the very start ?
Tam
12:55, Sat 20 Jan
bluearmyfaction
Tam
Partisan Blues Fan
Thongs

No cyclists
No vegans
No lefties
No racists
No religious folk
No Irish
No women
No estate agents

How about Irish wolfhounds?

😁 Tough call.
Make Blues Great Again
12:57, Sat 20 Jan
Tam
Fat Buddha CBE
Fat Buddha CBE
It genuinely doesn’t bother me as to who someone has played for or supported when it comes to them being at Blues. As long as they’re doing their best for us, that’s all that counts for me. And, as with the Grealish thread, if someone is kind, denting it because of their football allegiance or who they’ve played for is a bit daft to me. Each to their own, of course.

We use a web designer who’s a Villa fan and a lovely bloke. If he was on the payroll, there’d be no problem as he’s completely down to earth. That said, if you have to work with the person, then it’s important that there’s as little opportunity as possible to clash, and I can see how that could get a bit sparky. I wouldn’t employ anyone that hated dogs, for example (fears aside of course) or was involved in shooting or hunting. It wouldn’t work- it really wouldn’t work - so I can see it from that point of view.

Simple prejudice. That’s ok, no need for anyone to get all precious about it.

Was I getting precious? So sorry. I do have a prejudice against horrible effers though.

Rude

Yeah, I should have added ‘no offence’. 😁

Have a poem
[x.com]
12:59, Sat 20 Jan
After many many years of having the piss took out of me for being a blues fan I’ve grown up to detest the scum having been brought up living many years in erdington happily moved from that place now but I hate them lot with a passion , anyway me and the missus ( she’s blues as well and hates Witton also ) was away for a long weekend a few months back and we was in the town walking round the shops and outside this one shop this bloke was standing outside looking at his phone and as I got closer to my horror he was wearing a Witton home shirt I looked at him and I was nearly being sick so I walked up and stood in front of him and started singing sotv not loud just so he could hear it …my missus just walked off and this bloke looked at me and just huffed and said blues ah and I said yes of course and a proud brummie , he had a Lancashire accent says everything ..