22:26, Wed 29 Nov
Long has a calf injury I think but he was dropped for a few games before getting injured in training. We are missing him.
22:27, Wed 29 Nov
It will be interesting to see what the mood is if we only win 1 of the next six games
22:28, Wed 29 Nov
giddydoug
It will be interesting to see what the mood is if we only win 1 of the next six games

Let’s see what happens, shall we?
22:30, Wed 29 Nov
PRBlue
You are absolutely deluded if you really think our support will increase if results keep going like they are and we carry on dropping down the table. It’s professional football not a bloody circus.

I can't believe that had to be said.

I know people can't handle it, because they've invested so deeply into Rooney being a world class manager, but in many ways you're absolutely right in what you say.

When i was mocking people for them promoting an "excuse mentality" instead of a "winning mentality" it was exactly because of ....

1 .. "oh the first five games were so tough"
and
2... "you can't judge him after 5 or 6 games"
and
3.. "it's not about this season it's about next season after he's had chance to get all of Wayne's players in"
and
4.. "it isn't about finishing about 6th where JE got us, it's about developing a system for the future"
22:32, Wed 29 Nov
I think Gardner recruited players to play a more passing, pacey, possession led style for whoever came in to manage. He hasn’t achieved that at the moment. Main problem being Aiwu, Sanderson, Belik, Long aren’t good enough at it.
22:33, Wed 29 Nov
giddydoug

pretty obvious what will happen if we only win 1 out of the next 6 ...

.... all those who thought Rooney was a world class manager before he'd even managed us for one game will make up another load of excuses for him
22:35, Wed 29 Nov
I think Gardner recruited players to play a more passing, pacey, possession led style for whoever came in to manage. He hasn’t achieved that at the moment. Main problem being Aiwu, Sanderson, Belik, Long aren’t good enough at it.

That's a little confusing because the Rooney cult have been telling us that WR becoming manager was decided way before the start of the season - and surely therefore the players should have been recruited with RooneyBall in mind - -- or is someone wrong - or did someone not get the message ?
22:35, Wed 29 Nov
newblue
giddydoug

Doesn't matter what happens does it? Aren't we just all looking forward to summer 2024?

We could lose to rotherham and play well and you will be happy.
22:37, Wed 29 Nov
CastleBlue
newblue
giddydoug

Doesn't matter what happens does it? Aren't we just all looking forward to summer 2024?

We could lose to rotherham and play well and you will be happy.

Keep going with the imaginative stuff. Fiction is your forte 👍
22:37, Wed 29 Nov
Who are these people you reckon think Rooney is a world class manager ?
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
22:41, Wed 29 Nov
Rasputin
We aren't replacing the whole team in January, so the manager has to pick a system that suits what he's got already at the club.

If he can't or won't do that, then he's the problem.

He won't want to and the board won't let him. And he is the problem. Even if he finally realizes the players can't do what he wants of them I can't see him changing the style. I don't think we will be in danger of going down but we aren't going to win too many games.
22:54, Wed 29 Nov
Just a thought.

We have Rooney a former world class forward advising the attackers and one could argue it is paying off better since he joined the club.

Whereas we have Cole (former world class defender) and O’Shea (former Man Utd defender with over 350 appearances for them) advising the defence which seems to have gone to pieces since they joined the club.

I appreciate I may be simplifying but what am I missing?
23:27, Wed 29 Nov
You’re missing the fact that these people who were either average players or not even players make great coaches.

Wenger
Pep
Emery (yuk)
Ferguson
Klopp
Ancelloti

To name but a few.
Kumars Fashion Sense
You’re missing the fact that these people who were either average players or not even players make great coaches.

Wenger
Pep
Emery (yuk)
Ferguson
Klopp
Ancelloti

To name but a few.

Ancelotti '''' Average player ??
Jees !
300 ish games in Serie A , 2 League titles , 2 European Cups.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
23:36, Wed 29 Nov
generalBlue
Kumars Fashion Sense

Wenger
Pep
Emery (yuk)
Ferguson
Klopp
Ancelloti

To name but a few.

Ancellotti '''' Average player ??
Jees !
300 ish games in Serie A , 2 League titles , 2 European Cups.
Dont think he would like the look of Wengers early managerial career either!