09:18, Thu 4 Jan
Formerly Deckchair
I'd rather keep James and not bring anyone in.

What if JJ wants to go?
09:24, Thu 4 Jan
Wonder if this affects any deal:

[www.reuters.com]
12:14, Thu 4 Jan
Bad news, if footy insider are to be believed.

[www.footballinsider247.com]

It is believed that the Blues have accepted a £4.3million bid for the Welshman, 19, following a breakthrough in talks.
Gazball?
12:21, Thu 4 Jan
El Mayor
Formerly Deckchair

What if JJ wants to go?

Appreciate player power is king these days, but surely something along the lines of "we don't want you to go, you're on a contract for another 2 1/2 years and we don't have to sell you - however, if we receive on offer of (eg) £8m, you can go with our blessing - but we won't be forced into doing a bad deal"
12:21, Thu 4 Jan
El Mayor
Formerly Deckchair

What if JJ wants to go?

Tough tits. He signed a contract with us and it’s not going to do his career any favours to down tools now as it will reduce his options at the end of it.

If he wants to go, he should be told “fine - we’ll sell you if a club offers £x. Go out there and show clubs why they should pay that amount for you.”
12:26, Thu 4 Jan
..and what about if the club has an FFP hole to fill within months or needs the cash to sign 2-3 players in this window to make the team better?

We don't have to like the outcome but if the club accepts a given offer it clearly means it is a fair offer for them (at that time).

Add-ons and other things matter too - not just the headline fee.
12:27, Thu 4 Jan
Perhaps we need to sell to recruit.

People are only worth what someone will pay
12:29, Thu 4 Jan
But the money gets booked in full & upfront on P&S, so if we've got our house in order then we can pick off the better young players elsewhere, develop them & then sell THEM for £Xm - creating more & more.

$9bn assets or not, Knighthead can't go all Abramovic on us, so these are the ways to get more better players / prospects into Blues.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
12:30, Thu 4 Jan
Petebaldwin
El Mayor
Formerly Deckchair

What if JJ wants to go?

Tough tits. He signed a contract with us and it’s not going to do his career any favours to down tools now as it will reduce his options at the end of it.

If he wants to go, he should be told “fine - we’ll sell you if a club offers £x. Go out there and show clubs why they should pay that amount for you.”

Sadly I do not believe it’s that simple
12:32, Thu 4 Jan
Petebaldwin
El Mayor
Formerly Deckchair

What if JJ wants to go?

It’s a Serie A club….. whilst I don’t want to be losing our best players I don’t want to stifle aspiration either….. I get you can enforce his contract but he’s head could well be scrambled and all parties lose
A lot of agents now put a release clause in any new contract. The clubs try to get it high..The agents low..Maybe 4.5 triggers JJs
If I had the wings of a sparrow
12:34, Thu 4 Jan
What sort of player would want to sign for a club who treats their players like that?

It's a shame JJ sees his future elsewhere cos he's a good player. But it's a fantastic opportunity for him and you can see why he'd fancy it.

Best of bastarding luck to him.

Hopefully Blues have a replacement lined up.
12:37, Thu 4 Jan
To be quite honest, I don’t think we should be buying or selling any players until the new manager comes in.
12:38, Thu 4 Jan
👍
12:38, Thu 4 Jan
BlueSA
..and what about if the club has an FFP hole to fill within months or needs the cash to sign 2-3 players in this window to make the team better?

We don't have to like the outcome but if the club accepts a given offer it clearly means it is a fair offer for them (at that time).

Add-ons and other things matter too - not just the headline fee.

Sure - that’s a separate issue and factors in to how much we’ll accept for him. I’m not saying don’t sell him - I’m saying don’t accept an offer less than we’re willing to sell him for just because he fancies a move.