18:41, Fri 5 Jan
Feck that
18:44, Fri 5 Jan
[FB] was born into the world as the king of truth for the salvation of the world.
19:24, Fri 5 Jan
GBBlue
I cannot fathom some of our fans. This isn't 2015 any more, you cannot simply own a club and splash the cash on players willy nilly. FFP constrains Blues owners from spending on their team. I don't agree with it because it is inherently flawed but it is what it is.

Therefore we have to turn a profit on players as well as increase revenue elsewhere. If James wants to go and we can get the right price (which will never be what fans think a player is worth) then it is a win win for player and club. Under the previous owners sales like Jude just plugged a hole I have every confidence Wagner will use every inch of FFP leeway it creates to bring in more players.
That’s a completely different viewpoint on the situation.
I was referring to it being a questionable move from the lads personal standpoint.
13:13, Sat 6 Jan
Blues want €10m for james according to an Italian journo via brian dick. Glad to see we aren't accepting peanuts for our youth players anymore.
13:15, Sat 6 Jan
Brilliant. That seems a fair market value to me. If wales qualify for the euros it will only go up
13:18, Sat 6 Jan
Palmerliam11
Blues want €10m for james according to an Italian journo via brian dick. Glad to see we aren't accepting peanuts for our youth players anymore.

Good decision for the club 👏 10 million is a fair offer for him, glad that the club aren't allowing him to leave on a cheap
13:22, Sat 6 Jan
Won’t be 10m up front unfortunately but if it includes guaranteed add ons then fair enough
13:29, Sat 6 Jan
No transfer nowadays is all upfront tbf tends to be in installments. Its a fair price imo
13:33, Sat 6 Jan
Yeah that sounds like a fair price to me. He's a good player but a lot of that fee is based on his potential to get better which may or may not happen.
10:16, Thu 11 Jan
Any news on this? Seems to have gone quiet
10:30, Thu 11 Jan
Iain_Gavin
Any news on this? Seems to have gone quiet

Sssh we're keeping our heads down in the hope it will go away
16:33, Thu 11 Jan
TM when asked about James

The ideal scenario is to keep all our best young players. I don't know much about the young man other than I have seen him in training and he is very powerful. My hope would be that we are keeping the best young players because we are trying to build a football club. If he is already here then let's keep him. What I would add is that every player has prices (sic?) and can demand an opportunity to leave

That last sentence might be key
16:38, Thu 11 Jan
Iain_Gavin
TM when asked about James

The ideal scenario is to keep all our best young players. I don't know much about the young man other than I have seen him in training and he is very powerful. My hope would be that we are keeping the best young players because we are trying to build a football club. If he is already here then let's keep him. What I would add is that every player has prices (sic?) and can demand an opportunity to leave

That last sentence might be key

For sure. We'll see won't we, nice that we won't be held to ransom.