12:10, Tue 2 Jan
Especially at the price I've seen. Would be a farce to sell him for that price.
12:12, Tue 2 Jan
HackneyBlue
we'd have sold him for that if Wayne had convinced them he could do good with the 5mil

hopefully thats changed overnight

hopefully stansfield sticks around too, Mowbray could help that as they spoke in the summer..

Don’t like to read into players socials too much but Stansfield has put a few blues pics on his story since the announcement.
Gazball?
i had the same thought
Mr Driscoll
Hang on to him. Can’t keep selling our youth products. Wages probably aren’t among the highest (that’s a completely uninformed guess) and would expect him to be a key player as we hopefully improve over the next 2 years.

Selling players and raising funds is the only realistic way we can improve.

For sentimental reasons I'd hate to see him go but if we flogged him and replaced him with another midfielder and a striker we'd be silly not too.
Sad to see him go, but decent value I could swallow it, but €4.5mil is peanuts.

Look what Bristol got for Alex Scott and there’s other examples in our division of young lads going for decent money.

Are we that up against it ffp wise Jesus.
12:17, Tue 2 Jan
Fabizio is now reporting it. Shambles of a fee.
12:17, Tue 2 Jan
Awful fee hopefully it's just a guess, should be 15m plus.
12:18, Tue 2 Jan
No way he will go for that low. Disgusting Fee
12:19, Tue 2 Jan
Does say initial fee, so could end up closer to 10ish with a sell on. The club won’t be forced to sell with him under contract 2026.
Gazball?
12:25, Tue 2 Jan
Waggeh
Mr Driscoll
Hang on to him. Can’t keep selling our youth products. Wages probably aren’t among the highest (that’s a completely uninformed guess) and would expect him to be a key player as we hopefully improve over the next 2 years.

For sentimental reasons I'd hate to see him go but if we flogged him and replaced him with another midfielder and a striker we'd be silly not too.

i'm not bothered about sentiment, he's bloody good and £4m is giving him away

you'd need £20 million to get him in 12 months time
12:25, Tue 2 Jan
NouCamp
Waggeh
Mr Driscoll

Exactly
12:28, Tue 2 Jan
He will not be worth £20m, that's wildly over the top.
12:28, Tue 2 Jan
Wazball
Does say initial fee, so could end up closer to 10ish with a sell on. The club won’t be forced to sell with him under contract 2026.

Are we that up against ffp? In all seriousness?

Absolute derogatory fee imo, Alex Scott went for what £15-18m, I’d say JJ is worth around £8-10m with his age and international recognition to date.
12:29, Tue 2 Jan
Yeah 4 million is way too low but he won't go for 20 either.
12:29, Tue 2 Jan
NouCamp
Waggeh
Mr Driscoll

But it’s not 12 months time, and he’s not guaranteed to reach that level. I’d be happier with something closer to £10m and a sell on if he is to go this window.
Gazball?