13:17, Tue 2 Jan
Wazball
Given that’s fab has since reported it, and mentioned the personal deals are done that wouldn’t surprise me.

Yeah, he gets paid to post. As everyone is saying, I hope the few is much higher. 7.5m would be fair
13:45, Tue 2 Jan
I like James. He showed tremendous technique for his goals and drives into the box well. Conversely his passing and presence in the central midfield is still sub standard in my eyes. He is young so that may well come but I am not entirely sure where he fits into the team week in week out at the moment.

£4m-£5m isn't just about the money it is about the extra room it gives us in FFP. Sometimes, like Chong you have to look at profit.
13:50, Tue 2 Jan
Yes. He has struggled in the last few games playing deeper in a two in central midfield with Bielik out. Playing in a more advanced position in a three he was easily our best player.
13:57, Tue 2 Jan
I think we'll regret this. Definitely got potential to be a very good goal scoring midfielder at a higher level. I'm not saying he'll ever be as good lampard but JJ looks the sort who will be able to arrive late to the edge of the box and grab a goal.
14:05, Tue 2 Jan
This would create some decent headroom for FFP, but the fee seems too small. I’d be hoping for £6M rising to £10M or something like that
Happy Clapper
14:07, Tue 2 Jan
We will definitely regret this especially at £4m. Nowhere near enough.
14:16, Tue 2 Jan
Chris
Mr Driscoll
Hang on to him. Can’t keep selling our youth products. Wages probably aren’t among the highest (that’s a completely uninformed guess) and would expect him to be a key player as we hopefully improve over the next 2 years.

Of course you can. It's pure profit on the FFP balance sheet as well, which gives even more wriggle room and makes selling youth players incredibly attractive. I don't like the figures quotes in the rest of the thread, but we can't afford to be sentimental about things.

(I also think he has a bit of a ceiling, not sure he'll be a PL player myself)

It’s all relative anyway. Gary Gardner was a Premier League player. So was Ferdinand Coly.
14:17, Tue 2 Jan
I’m baffled by the figure itself, surely it’s rubbish and it’ll be more. Likely a deal like Chong I hazard a guess? I’d have hoped for more. Also strikes me as they are making room now to manoeuvre in the market and perhaps they have plans in the summer with respect to revenue that means they aren’t so fussed about money at that point. Who knows.
14:19, Tue 2 Jan
An established one, a decent one, you get the drift
14:22, Tue 2 Jan
Every time we are linked with selling one of our young players I read the same things.

Either we should be holding on to the player or we should be demanding an unrealistically high fee.

And often these remarks come from the same people who complain about our financial position and satisfying P&S requirements.

Plenty of experienced people at the Club who are well aware of what we may need to do to avoid points deductions and also what would constitute a true market value.

We have to be prudently managed and wealthy owners cannot just throw money at the situation.
14:23, Tue 2 Jan
Of course. I’m agreeing with you. I think he has a ceiling too. Don’t get me wrong, I like him, but if there’s a plan behind his sale then I’m willing to let it play out before complaining.
14:23, Tue 2 Jan
Dirty Bertie
Every time we are linked with selling one of our young players I read the same things.

Either we should be holding on to the player or we should be demanding an unrealistically high fee.

And often these remarks come from the same people who complain about our financial position and satisfying P&S requirements.

Plenty of experienced people at the Club who are well aware of what we may need to do to avoid points deductions and also what would constitute a true market value.

We have to be prudently managed and wealthy owners cannot just throw money at the situation.

Hear hear.
14:31, Tue 2 Jan
JJ is now following Atalanta on Insta, its a done deal then :(
14:33, Tue 2 Jan
JJ sold for £4.5m
Max Bird signed for £1m
£3.5mil
Profit on the books
14:34, Tue 2 Jan
Dirty Bertie

<£4m is still a load of shite