17:00, Fri 5 Jan
Amy T
dorsetblue
Why are we selling James?!
Why are we selling him for so little?!

They just want to get some of the Rooney pay off money back.

I'm getting annoyed with the current owners very fast.

My eyes have rolled so far back into my own head I can see behind me.

James wants to go. We know nothing of the deal that’s on the table. And we haven’t fecking sold him yet.

Calm down.

We haven’t paid Rooney off yet either tbf
17:02, Fri 5 Jan
dorsetblue

Behave.
Read the thread.
Stop and think.
I reckon the vast majority of Blues would prefer he stayed.
However if he really wants to go, as has been said many times, we drive a hard bargain, add a big sell on clause and hopefully use the money wisely.
I'd like to think that's the last time this situation occurs for a while but that's football !
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
17:03, Fri 5 Jan
Yeah can’t argue with any of that.
17:04, Fri 5 Jan
El Mayor
Amy T
dorsetblue

James wants to go. We know nothing of the deal that’s on the table. And we haven’t fecking sold him yet.

Calm down.

Can’t be having logic and thought applied Mayor, there’s aimless slagging off of the first decent owners we’ve had in close to 15 years to get through
17:10, Fri 5 Jan
Go and support Weymouth then
17:12, Fri 5 Jan
Amy T
El Mayor
Amy T
dorsetblue

Calm down.

Can’t be having logic and thought applied Mayor, there’s aimless slagging off of the first decent owners we’ve had in close to 15 years to get through

Yeah, always a bit suspicious of that level of unwarranted slagging.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
17:28, Fri 5 Jan
dorsetblue

That HAS to be a wind up surely?! 😂
17:38, Fri 5 Jan
generalBlue
dorsetblue

Behave.
Read the thread.
Stop and think.
I reckon the vast majority of Blues would prefer he stayed.
However if he really wants to go, as has been said many times, we drive a hard bargain, add a big sell on clause and hopefully use the money wisely.
I'd like to think that's the last time this situation occurs for a while but that's football !
I don’t mind him wanting to go but it just seems a bit premature career wise imo.

His stock is rising weekly it seems and he’s on an upward curve but at 19 surely he needs to solidify his progression being as he’s just broken into the first team.

Spooner makes a good point on hanging on for a bit and if he shines for Wales this summer he could name his price with most the clubs in Europe.
17:54, Fri 5 Jan
It does seem early in his career to jump ship and it could be argued that the least James should do is wait to speak with the our new manager and gauge the future and potential but for all we know he may have already been to Italy to check the club, lifestyle, team mates , coaching quality etc.
His mind may already be made up.
18:10, Fri 5 Jan
Jude improved dramatically at Dortmund and Real.

Jobe made a leap when he joined Sunderland.

JJ shone playing for Wales before he did for us - his first season was impressive for his age but possibly slightly below the championship average standard, it is clearly above now when he plays his best role.

So maybe there are voices in the background, like an agent that stands to benefit financially, who are saying - make a move, you will develop faster.

Me personally, I would take the steady approach thinking that first team football will be the greatest improver but I dont know what Atalanta's record for improving players is, maybe they have a great youth set up. In which case the move will make a lot of sense to him - I wish him well and hope we get adequately compensated. The bristol city player to bournemouth should be a marker and adjusted along those lines.
18:11, Fri 5 Jan
He’s already been linked with moves abroad in the past.
Maybe it’s what he/his family want to do.
Young Jordan can feck off and so can the fecking horses he fecking rode in on. Ungrateful git.
Fat Buddha CBE
Young Jordan can feck off and so can the fecking horses he fecking rode in on. Ungrateful git.
Why not just say how you really feel.😆
18:27, Fri 5 Jan
I cannot fathom some of our fans. This isn't 2015 any more, you cannot simply own a club and splash the cash on players willy nilly. FFP constrains Blues owners from spending on their team. I don't agree with it because it is inherently flawed but it is what it is.

Therefore we have to turn a profit on players as well as increase revenue elsewhere. If James wants to go and we can get the right price (which will never be what fans think a player is worth) then it is a win win for player and club. Under the previous owners sales like Jude just plugged a hole I have every confidence Wagner will use every inch of FFP leeway it creates to bring in more players.
18:31, Fri 5 Jan
Speak only endearing speech, speech that is welcomed. Speech, when it brings no evil to others, is a pleasant thing.
😙FB