15:45, Thu 4 Jan
Fat Buddha CBE
Would be nice to keep players we have nurtured and developed for a bit, enjoy their performances, but this days are gone.

James had somestick last season, along with Jobe when it was obvious both will go on to become good players.

The reality is that James has had a couple of really good games and is establishing himself as a key player for club and country. Club and country though, are both shit.

His value will shit up when he’s performed consistently at his current level over a season, not a few games.

Blues fans are nutters. Some think 4 million quid is peanuts, but then say we can get 3 good young uns in with the money.

👍

People will soon stop moaning when we get a few in anyway.

Maybe

Okay probably not.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
Trained with Blues today according to Radio WM.
Significance of this ? Probably nothing, I don’t know.
Yeah, according to Brian Dick a 3rd bid was received and immediately rejected. Doesn’t seem as though we are bending over for Atalanta
08:10, Fri 5 Jan
Yeah it will be interesting how this plays out. Holding off on any move for JJ until new Manager has his say?
08:19, Fri 5 Jan
I think if a player is keen on the move and the buying team are returning will increasing offers (or there an other clubs all bidding) it seems inevitable. If so I hope the deal is done quick enough for us to act ourselves. We don't want Gary G taking his place on a semi-permanent basis.

Let's see if he plays at the weekend.
08:29, Fri 5 Jan
I would be surprised if he plays tomorrow

Would imagine his head is all over the place and wouldn't want to get injured

And we wouldn't want him to get injured either if we're wanting/hoping to sell if acceptable bid comes in
08:36, Fri 5 Jan
I should imagine that’s definitely part of it. Although I’m sure, as a club we have a valuation that once met he will leave, regardless of the manager. Spooner made an interesting point yesterday- if Wales qualify for the Euros then JJ will be playing on the biggest stage in the summer where his value will increase substantially. He was urging us to keep him until then but obviously if we want a few players in this January then he will have to go for ffp purposes. I definitely trust the club here. The days of us being mugged off are over.
Ted Tin-man Mcminn
Yeah, according to Brian Dick a 3rd bid was received and immediately rejected. Doesn’t seem as though we are bending over for Atalanta

That's good - no problem selling assets to improve the squad, as long as we are getting good money for them. For far too long Blues have been the pound shop for other clubs.
Up the feckin Blues
Exactly, I wonder if Blues are happy for the Atalanta news to get out & see if other clubs make a bid - it's only 5th January.

If a Prem club comes in, they may likely but down £7m to start the bidding, even for a "prospect".
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
I should imagine that’s definitely part of it. Although I’m sure, as a club we have a valuation that once met he will leave, regardless of the manager. Spooner made an interesting point yesterday- if Wales qualify for the Euros then JJ will be playing on the biggest stage in the summer where his value will increase substantially. He was urging us to keep him until then but obviously if we want a few players in this January then he will have to go for ffp purposes. I definitely trust the club here. The days of us being mugged off are over.

[www.smallheathalliance.com]

Good to see that Spoons and I are on the same page.
09:35, Fri 5 Jan
Ted Tin-man Mcminn
m

Exactly, we’re not going to get promotion (probably), we’re not going to get relegated so bide our time and get the most money possible.

Sell him by all means (as much as I’d love to keep our young players) but get good money for them.
10:45, Fri 5 Jan
JourneyOn
Ted Tin-man Mcminn
m

Exactly, we’re not going to get promotion (probably), we’re not going to get relegated so bide our time and get the most money possible.

Sell him by all means (as much as I’d love to keep our young players) but get good money for them.

I’m with both of you there, apart from where you’ve put that ‘(probably)’. Personally, I’d put it a little later in the sentence. Until there’s some results to back it up.
16:55, Fri 5 Jan
Why are we selling James?!
Why are we selling him for so little?!

They just want to get some of the Rooney pay off money back.

I'm getting annoyed with the current owners very fast.
16:57, Fri 5 Jan
😂😂😂
16:58, Fri 5 Jan
dorsetblue
Why are we selling James?!
Why are we selling him for so little?!

They just want to get some of the Rooney pay off money back.

I'm getting annoyed with the current owners very fast.

My eyes have rolled so far back into my own head I can see behind me.

James wants to go. We know nothing of the deal that’s on the table. And we haven’t fecking sold him yet.

Calm down.