16:40, Tue 2 Jan
My opinion really depends on wether he leaves or not.

If he stays then he's priceless, the 2nd best midfielder outside the Premier league (after Louie Sibley)

If he goes then he's a shit Welsh idiot and he looks like a cottage.

I'll let you all know shortly.

🤣🤣🤣
16:42, Tue 2 Jan
Think we should be looking to get 7-10m for James
16:58, Tue 2 Jan
Is this an FFP miscalculation forcing us to sell?

Negligent if so.
17:03, Tue 2 Jan
Because of FFP you simply cannot throw money at signings year in year out without penalty and embargo. It seemed a general consensus that the way to build is to bring in good young players from the academy and from lower leagues or young prem players who haven't quite made it. Accept that sometimes you may have to sell to reinvest but every time you do this successfully you build a better squad. A better squad which will still need to sell to buy but then you have an even better squad and then you can push for promotion.

JJ is exactly that sort of player. Get as much as we can, granted he may have a clause in his contract that restricts our bargaining and move on.
18:05, Tue 2 Jan
Dunno if it’s been mentioned yet but JJ is following Atalanta on instagram.
22:19, Tue 2 Jan
TrickyBlue
Dunno if it’s been mentioned yet but JJ is following Atalanta on instagram.

It’s a no brainier for him personally
22:43, Tue 2 Jan
I’m still not convinced on how good he is. Admittedly he is young and developing but he’s had about 5 good games in total.

Not quite sure what his value is but compare Chong and JJ. Who is better at the moment? Both either sold for £4m or quoted as being sold for £4m. I think Chong is currently a better player than JJ. If we can continually turn a profit on players and the reinvest this what we will probably need to do.

Happy to sell if it means we can put money up for a striker.
22:52, Tue 2 Jan
😂
10:00, Wed 3 Jan
Moxley has tweeted 2 bids turned down around 4m, good news.
10:02, Wed 3 Jan
If we could get 6-8m I think that'd be fine for me. It's all profit and it's all banked in this year, that creates quite a bit of room for January transfers.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
10:03, Wed 3 Jan
Chris
Mr Driscoll
Hang on to him. Can’t keep selling our youth products. Wages probably aren’t among the highest (that’s a completely uninformed guess) and would expect him to be a key player as we hopefully improve over the next 2 years.

Of course you can. It's pure profit on the FFP balance sheet as well, which gives even more wriggle room and makes selling youth players incredibly attractive. I don't like the figures quotes in the rest of the thread, but we can't afford to be sentimental about things.

(I also think he has a bit of a ceiling, not sure he'll be a PL player myself)

He's 19 & has already improved a lot this year.

He will definitely be a Prem player.
10:06, Wed 3 Jan
I see your point but i'd want more, Scott going for 25m and Hamer for 20m tells me that is still under value.
10:07, Wed 3 Jan
Trev
I’m still not convinced on how good he is. Admittedly he is young and developing but he’s had about 5 good games in total.

Not quite sure what his value is but compare Chong and JJ. Who is better at the moment? Both either sold for £4m or quoted as being sold for £4m. I think Chong is currently a better player than JJ. If we can continually turn a profit on players and the reinvest this what we will probably need to do.

Happy to sell if it means we can put money up for a striker.

Chong is 24; JJ is 19.

He'll be a better player than Chong when he gets to 19.
10:08, Wed 3 Jan
Ribeye
I think we'll regret this. Definitely got potential to be a very good goal scoring midfielder at a higher level. I'm not saying he'll ever be as good lampard but JJ looks the sort who will be able to arrive late to the edge of the box and grab a goal.

This.
10:12, Wed 3 Jan
Finchy
Moxley has tweeted 2 bids turned down around 4m, good news.
How are you not blocked by him?
Tony Fantastico