14:44, Tue 2 Jan
I am fine with selling him and reinvesting

But Championship clubs were selling talented young players for over £10M nearly 10 years ago.

He’s 19, a regular International player going through a breakout season, and he’s on a long contract, it’s below market when you compare it to other sales.
Happy Clapper
We’ll have Chang next season, and after Tom Brady’s witch doctors have done their work, he’ll never be injured again
14:46, Tue 2 Jan
They’ll probably sell Lookman for like 30 mil too, and sell James in a few years for that price. He’s a regular for his national team, at least 10 mil, but certainly no less than 5
14:46, Tue 2 Jan
Disappointed at that fee if true (we'll likely never know). No issue with selling and reinvesting.

I'd say he's worth £7-8m up front given his international and contract status.
14:49, Tue 2 Jan

But Championship clubs were selling talented young players for over £10M nearly 10 years ago.

He’s 19, a regular International player going through a breakout season, and he’s on a long contract, it’s below market when you compare it to other sales.

If the figure is correct, he’s hugely undervalued, be prepared teresting to see what the add ons are. I wonder if they’re taking a short term hit, to enable some signings in the hope of future gain.

If James and Jobe have gone for a combined 7 million quid or thereabouts, that’s daft.
14:53, Tue 2 Jan
James didn’t really feature under JE. Even in the playoff securing wins against Huddersfield and WBA he was only a sub. He’s thrived under Rooney, shows what good coaching can achieve.
14:55, Tue 2 Jan
😀
14:55, Tue 2 Jan
Le Mod

There’s no release clause in his contract is there?
14:59, Tue 2 Jan
Wouldn’t have the foggiest, reports suggest there is an element of negotiation going on, so perhaps not
Happy Clapper
15:48, Tue 2 Jan
Wazball
Atalanta has presented an offer of 4.5M € + bonus for Jordan James. The negotiation is well underway and could be accepted shortly.

In recent months, James had also been in Bologna's sights.

[x.com]

If we take less that £10 mill we are mugs. He is the best CM at the club by far, if we sell him would would have to replace him. How much would that cost
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
15:50, Tue 2 Jan
One hundred million pounds
16:08, Tue 2 Jan
Fat Buddha CBE
One hundred million pounds

Linked Image
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
16:30, Tue 2 Jan
I’m late to this thread and haven’t had chance to read it, so only know the basics, but selling James for 4million to Atalanta is awful. I’m not going to say he’s the best player ever, but he’s worth more than that surely.
16:35, Tue 2 Jan
My opinion really depends on wether he leaves or not.

If he stays then he's priceless, the 2nd best midfielder outside the Premier league (after Louie Sibley)

If he goes then he's a shit Welsh idiot and he looks like a cottage.

I'll let you all know shortly.
16:38, Tue 2 Jan
Fair comment. Obviously I don’t want him to leave, but if he does then so be it, but what are we doing with 4mil. We need about 4 new players, that are decent as well, we could probably only get 1 with 4 mil. They need to stamp their offer up a bit for us to even entertain it imo