10:46, Wed 3 Jan
El Mayor
Wazball
El Mayor
Iain_Gavin
I had hoped the days of selling our best young players for clearly under market value fees had gone. Hes contracted until 2026, I can’t imagine hes agitating for a move - if this is needed to pay Rooney off within FFP I’ll be really pissed off

Unfortunately you may be wrong about him not agitating for a move. I think JJ wants it; I think Blues are actually playing hard ball on the price.

Do you know what kind of fee blues are asking for?

Nope.

Hopefully a decent amount - they're an established top Serie A team who are flush with cash after selling players for around £100m + in the summer
10:47, Wed 3 Jan
As already posted his market value is what a club is prepared to pay. If,according to reports he has agreed terms then this will likely happen. Let's hold out for 6 million plus add onns.
If I had the wings of a sparrow
10:48, Wed 3 Jan
Iain_Gavin
I had hoped the days of selling our best young players for clearly under market value fees had gone. Hes contracted until 2026, I can’t imagine hes agitating for a move - if this is needed to pay Rooney off within FFP I’ll be really pissed off

Unfortunately you may be wrong about him not agitating for a move. I think JJ wants it; I think Blues are actually playing hard ball on the price.

I’m sure I read somewhere, on here probably, that James was pretty keen to leave in the summer. Probably wrong though
10:57, Wed 3 Jan
Didn’t he go for nearly £20m? But yes good point.
Gazball?
10:59, Wed 3 Jan
Wazball
Didn’t he go for nearly £20m? But yes good point.

Haha my accountancy could need some work mate but my point was we just have to maximise the deal whether that’s more upfront or add ons.

We don’t have a lot of assets to sell in all reality, we can’t let him go for daft money like £4m, pleased they’re turned it down, keep driving that hard bargain.
11:04, Wed 3 Jan
Precisely, plus this is the January window, so fees should be inflated to reflect that surely? Or does that only work when we're trying to buy players?
16:46, Wed 3 Jan
[twitter.com]

Wilford says we've turned down two bids
17:10, Wed 3 Jan
yeehaw
[twitter.com]

Wilford says we've turned down two bids

Good...

Keep turning them down.
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
17:21, Wed 3 Jan
[x.com]

Latest seems to be 5 mil, not sure if that’s the second bid Wilf mentioned.
Gazball?
17:23, Wed 3 Jan
I assume that’s in euros so would be around 4.3 mil.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
17:38, Wed 3 Jan
Double it and I'd let him go.

We don't need to get fleeced anymore. £10m would get us well away from FFP and give us a few million to spend on players now.

We want a sustainable model, this is it. Bellingham, Chong (with add ons) now seemingly JJ. Until we get into the Prem and have vastly increased revenues this will be our best chance of turning a profit to improve the squad again.
17:39, Wed 3 Jan
Nose of Blue
Double it and I'd let him go.

We don't need to get fleeced anymore. £10m would get us well away from FFP and give us a few million to spend on players now.

We want a sustainable model, this is it. Bellingham, Chong (with add ons) now seemingly JJ. Until we get into the Prem and have vastly increased revenues this will be our best chance of turning a profit to improve the squad again.

What if we were guaranteed Cooper if James went, regardless of the fee?
17:46, Wed 3 Jan
Super Hans

Might cover Wayne and Robbo's pay off

Would assume JJ would be keen on move?

Sure I saw a Scottish youngster who moved out there was captain for his Serie A side
17:51, Wed 3 Jan
What if we were whatever
17:52, Wed 3 Jan
Worcester Blue
Super Hans

Might cover Wayne and Robbo's pay off

Would assume JJ would be keen on move?

Sure I saw a Scottish youngster who moved out there was captain for his Serie A side

Is this sale now necessary to pay off Rooney and co?

Mayor do you know?