11:02, Tue 19 Mar
Firstly, echo what most are saying re Tony. It’s an old adage but never truer ‘your health is your wealth’. That must take priority.

I don’t know what’s happened at the club I can only assume they are doing what I would have done in their shoes to be fair Give a line in the sand date for TM to see if he is ready to return. If he can’t ( and that is fully understandable) in light of our predicament you have to bring someone who you believe is best to fill your roll. I take the view MV isn’t best suited for the head role. So seemingly have the club

At the end of the day, football is a business. No room for sentiment. Lots of people will undoubtedly lose their jobs if we end up in League 1.

Sitting waiting on MV to come good as TM is clearly not ready to return ( if I was running the club) would be an unacceptable risk……. One greater than replacing with Rowett…… imo
11:03, Tue 19 Mar
Le Mod
Incoming

[x.com]

Absolute joke management from the owners.

What a bunch of clowns
11:03, Tue 19 Mar
Tom TheProject Brady
Sigh, no Uncle Tone for a while then.

At least it's not Neil effing Warnock.

Before everyone starts whining about that it’s Rowett - this needs to be brought to everyone’s attention first.
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates -

17 Feb - Theatre Severn, Shrewsbury
2 Mar - Taachi Morris Arts Centre, Taunton
30 Mar - Prince Of Wales Theatre, Cannock
20 Apr - Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton on Trent
7 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
8 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
Wilfred Owen
Firstly, echo what most are saying re Tony. It’s an old adage but never truer ‘your health is your wealth’. That must take priority.

I don’t know what’s happened but the club I can only assume are doing what I would have done in their shoes to be fair Give a line in the sand date for TM to see if he is ready to return. If he can’t ( and that is fully understandable) in light of our predicament you have to bring someone who you believe is best to fill your roll. I take the view MV isn’t best suited for the head role. So seemingly have the club

At the end of the day, football is a business. No room for sentiment. Lots of people will undoubtedly lose their jobs if we end up in League 1. Sitting waiting on MV to come good as TM is clearly not ready to return ( if I was running the club) would be an unacceptable risk……. One greater than replacing with Rowett…… imo

If they were gonna do this should have been done on day 1, the dither delay and panic is inexcusable from the club management
NotFitToLaceDeanPeersBoots
Something needed to be done, Rowett knows the club and can grind out results when necessary. Hopefully can keep us up

Just hope they don't insist on "No Fear" football from Rowett for the last 8 games, because it won't happen under him
Only concern is these players trying to play Rowett football. I think we’ll maybe see a style very similar to Eustace, which isn’t far off.
Gazball?
11:07, Tue 19 Mar
Belgrade Blue
Wilfred Owen

I don’t know what’s happened but the club I can only assume are doing what I would have done in their shoes to be fair Give a line in the sand date for TM to see if he is ready to return. If he can’t ( and that is fully understandable) in light of our predicament you have to bring someone who you believe is best to fill your roll. I take the view MV isn’t best suited for the head role. So seemingly have the club

At the end of the day, football is a business. No room for sentiment. Lots of people will undoubtedly lose their jobs if we end up in League 1. Sitting waiting on MV to come good as TM is clearly not ready to return ( if I was running the club) would be an unacceptable risk……. One greater than replacing with Rowett…… imo

If they were gonna do this should have been done on day 1, the dither delay and panic is inexcusable from the club management

Under the circumstances why wouldn't they have given MV a chance - they weren't to know that the players wouldn't respond.
11:09, Tue 19 Mar
Belgrade Blue
Wilfred Owen

We have no idea what information has come to light since the announcement, we have no idea how much has changed. Don't be silly.
11:09, Tue 19 Mar
Novakainian
Rab C Nesbitt
Novakainian
Committment to the Championship is what's on others minds. Best manager we have had in the past 10 years who has a good chance of keeping us up. Yet some on here throwing toys out. Pathetic
Stored. Reported

👍 Brillaint. Ground breaking concept just get behind Rowett and the team the next 8 games
Another who is talking to through ring person. I’ll be at all 8 games as I’ve been the other43 games this season
Tony Fantastico
Belgrade Blue
Le Mod
Incoming

[x.com]

Absolute joke management from the owners.

What a bunch of clowns

Do you think Venus is the right man for the job?

Or do you think Tony Mowbray should be brought back tomorrow?

We are currently effed. We are currently in grave danger of relegation, which would be an absolute effing disaster REGARDLESS OF WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS.

For the record I’d rather Mowbray be managing us. But he’s obviously not going to be back until pre-season at the earliest. I have a feeling it’s the unmentionable that he is suffering from.

I said at the time, Rowett is not a backwards step from Rooney. Rowett is a huge step forward from him. And, Rowett owes us a huge favour after the way he flounced off.
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates -

17 Feb - Theatre Severn, Shrewsbury
2 Mar - Taachi Morris Arts Centre, Taunton
30 Mar - Prince Of Wales Theatre, Cannock
20 Apr - Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton on Trent
7 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
8 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
11:11, Tue 19 Mar
Belgrade Blue
Wilfred Owen

Hard to blame the owners, Mowbray was hoped back within 6 weeks and they weren’t to know the players would toss it off because the boss wasn’t there.

The thing they’re doing wrong is bringing effing villa rowett in. A huge step back in terms of both ambition and playing style
11:14, Tue 19 Mar
I tell you what would be a huge step back in terms of ambition.

League One.
Belgrade Blue
Wilfred Owen

To be fair to the club we were 6 points clear with a game in hand and playing decent. TM’s prognosis wasn’t clear as well at that point so it wasnt a strange decision shall we say to wait, but give a line in the sand date ( of the international break) to make a decision for the run in one way or another

MV rather like Rooney got a nasty 3 game start ( Ipswich Hull Saints)…… I’m a big believer a new manager needs a good opportunity first up ( look at Watford with Cleverly!!)……. It creates positivity…. I don’t think the fan base believes in MV…… I might be wrong but deep down I don’t think the majority do ……. Imo
11:16, Tue 19 Mar
Whatever the reasons behind it, it's got to the point where something has to be done.
KC
11:16, Tue 19 Mar
At this point in time the last throw of the dice but the right throw of the dice.
11:20, Tue 19 Mar
StechyBlue
Yeah, seems like this might have been motivated by an update on Uncle Tone's situation.

Whether you agree with the move or not, you can't really accuse these owners of being indecisive.

I am alright with this. Knows the club and motivated the lads from 8-0 Bournemouth to a win over 1st place Watford in 2 weeks.

You'll do for me. Something needs to happen, coz we can't hit a cows arse with a banjo at the minute.

I've never understood this "knows the club" line that often gets reeled out.

None of the players are the same, the owners have changed, ffs even the training ground is in a different place altogether. Basically, he has the exact same knowledge of the club as anyone else

He gets us