10:30, Tue 19 Mar
Ribeye
Not keen on rowett but he'll keep us up and will get far better results than Venus. Just hope Mowbray is back next season.

Can't knock the board for this just wish they done it 7 games ago but then again we don't know the full story with Mowbray so perhaps a recent update they've had regarding his recovery has forced them to act when originally they hoped they wouldn't have to

Form has probably been worse than they hoped as well - they probably thought we wouldn't drop off this badly. We could have been looking at this sort of option all along as well, they might have been sounding out different options but only now got to Rowett on the list/ decided it was desperate enough to consider him (or agree to his T&Cs)
10:31, Tue 19 Mar
Scoot Mcgoot
Some on here are acting like it’s Cotterill that’s coming back.
He did well last time and everyone was livid when he was sacked.
He knows the club as a player and manager and has a good championship record.
It’s not like we’re spoilt for choice and it’s got to be better than Venus.
It’s an obvious appointment in the circumstances.

Everyone wasn't livid when he was sacked.
The stats are in our favour.

Rowett has a win rate of 40%.

Over 532 games he averages 1.5 points per game.

If he delivers 12 points from 8 games by maintaining that average we are safe.
Polo
Scoot Mcgoot

Just the sane ones
Tilton Rifle
The stats are in our favour.

Rowett has a win rate of 40%.

Over 532 games he averages 1.5 points per game.

If he delivers 12 points from 8 games by maintaining that average we are safe.

Yeah 51 probably now has us safe with a game or two to spare.
Polo
Scoot Mcgoot

Amen. Him especially
Tony Fantastico
Rab C Nesbitt
My Blue Heaven
Will stick you down for a v neck
No DvB necks on me or in my wardrobe.
A sad day it’ll be to have that rat back if it happens

What makes him a rat out of interest?

The last time we was any good in the league was under him. Turned us around after clark.

The dislike towards him is strange.
10:36, Tue 19 Mar
Polo
TaylorJay84
Having a manager on the sideline who can get us organised and get us over the line matters a lot more than some of the fans being in their feelings.
Take your choice Rowett for 8 games or League one, it’s that simple tbh.

Well done to the club for not messing about and wasting more games!

It might be Rowett for 8 games and still L1, it's not simple in the slightest.

We have a manager in charge who’s capable of getting results, whereas we have a ship with nobody at the wheel currently, plummeting us to league one, I don’t want league one, and atleast the owners are doing something to make it not happen.
I know which one I’d prefer.
Good move!
10:37, Tue 19 Mar
Been done to death. I expect commitment from all employed as a minimum. Others aren’t as bothered clearly
Tony Fantastico
10:38, Tue 19 Mar
Le Mod
Incoming

[x.com]

Good. I like Rowett 👍
10:38, Tue 19 Mar
El Mayor
effs sake.

I hope it works but I have a real feeling it’s gonna be shit.

You mentioned Carsley as short term yesterday how is this any worse if not better? Like you said about carsley knows the club and has been here before. Only difference is rowett is proven at this level and caesley isnt.

Short term i think its good and right decision
10:39, Tue 19 Mar
47 points will probably guarantee safety, there’s no way that everyone around us are all going to consistently pick up lots of points.

As for Rowett, there’s nothing to say he hasn’t improved and learnt since he left us.

Garry Monk should have waited in terms of playing style he would have been better but there are a lot of mixed messages and our players must be basket cases. I

Ultimately I’m in the camp that says relegation would be a nightmare and not welcome. Big clubs have really struggled to get back out of there. I think Rowett can and will save us
10:41, Tue 19 Mar
Committment to the Championship is what's on others minds. Best manager we have had in the past 10 years who has a good chance of keeping us up. Yet some on here throwing toys out. Pathetic
10:41, Tue 19 Mar
Rab C Nesbitt
Been done to death. I expect commitment from all employed as a minimum. Others aren’t as bothered clearly

Oh the wanting other jobs stuff, thought might be some other reason.

His commitment to not making us a laughing stock n winning us some games is probably enough for most. Especially at this point.
10:42, Tue 19 Mar
I don't really care at the moment if he touted himself around London last time. He paid the price (as did we).

Did he do a good job last time - Yes, very good when considering what came before and after him.
Did he pull around a team instantly last time and do we need that now - Yes

I wish we were not onto another manager but needs must. I hope it is short term but if not because Tony isn't up to it and Rowett keeps us up it would be poetic irony if he took it full time and took us to up next season.