16:13, Tue 19 Mar
That's fair enough but you say "if we go down" and Wagner will be thinking "we absolutely cannot go down."

Personally, I think we'd be down if we kept things as they were so that means something has to change. We've brought in someone with lots of experience managing weaker sides in the Championship and getting immediate results. It's not pretty but it's effective. For that reason, I'm happy if we end up bringing Rowett in.

At the same time, I am 100% against him being our manager past the end of the season. Hopefully Mowbray will be back and he'll carry on where he left off but if he can't come back, we need to find someone else.
16:18, Tue 19 Mar
Rab C Nesbitt
You said we haven’t got greatly improved attendances. They are improved though.

You're right - what I should've said is we haven't improved our attendances because of no fear football. They have improved - sure. We have also had half our ground closed since COVID and new, ambitious and charismatic owners have come in. I would argue it's this which has improved our attendances as it's generated a feel-good factor around the club, not the style of football. Nobody comes to St Andrews because we're playing no fear football.
16:26, Tue 19 Mar
Birmingham City....

The only club where manager of the month is a job title not an award
16:28, Tue 19 Mar
Rab C Nesbitt
CastleBlue
Rab C Nesbitt
debully
Because no fear football really drives the fans back eh?
It has tbf

I'm almost certain you was talking about how you can't give tickets away to people for the last game. That's how entertaining life has been with open football but getting beat most weeks.

Attendances are better because we have better owners, not because we are 4th bottom but pass more.
The attendance was still higher than under plenty of managers we’ve had. And the no fear football is down to owners. Glad you agree

Because people like these owners compared to the previous. Not because of the football.

I'm at a loss how you think people are attending because they like what they see when we are near the bottom of the league and losing. Each to their own i guess.
16:29, Tue 19 Mar
Rowett will have a week and a half to build a team capable of not losing, hopefully we stay up, recruitment find the Mozball players for July and Tony returns for preseason. If Tony is not able to return we find a manager capable of playing front foot football.
16:52, Tue 19 Mar
Miss World
Belgrade Blue
Miss World
coventrybluenose
Miss World
Urgh, depressing news 👎🏻

Very worried Mowbray won’t be coming back now. This appointment runs the risk of the owners painting themselves into a corner. If it doesn’t work, we go down. If it does work, they could very well keep Rowett on. Lose/lose.

So what’s your solution?

The options aren’t ’Rowett or nobody’

That's not an answer

Just to confirm, I’m not Wagner. However, my ‘solution’ would be to finish the season as we are. I think we’ve got enough to stay up, and I’m not convinced a short term appointment (of anyone) is a good idea. I’m especially not convinced a short term appointment of Rowett is a good idea.

If we go down, we build from scratch in league 1 with a fresh boss (or Mowbray). If we stay up, Mowbray (or, probably and sadly, someone else) starts from scratch in the championship.

I am genuinely concerned that we’ll stay up now and start next year in the championship with Rowett.

There is always momentum behind keeping on a caretaker if they do ok. See also, Redknapp, Harry.

Its never a good idea. It’s particularly never a good idea when we’d be literally winding the clock back 8 or 10 years with Rowett. It’s the very opposite of the transformation in mindset I (and I reckon quite a few others) were hoping this ownership would bring.

And before the replies of ‘it’s a short term solution, they won’t keep Rowett on’ start… are you absolutely sure about that? It’s not like we haven’t seen this regime repeating mistakes of the past recently is it?

As per my original post, the owners are painting themselves into a difficult corner here. They’ve now got Rowett hanging round the place like Banquo’s ghost in a quarter zip top.

If they insist on a caretaker then anyone not laden with the baggage of Rowett please, and if they could also not be a Villa fan that would be nice too.

You've pretty much summarised my view on the matter
17:12, Tue 19 Mar
Partisan Blues Fan
debully
Because no fear football really drives the fans back eh?
My son and 6 of his work mates went to the Southampton game. He hadnt been for around 15 years. They loved the football and he has the bug again. Cant go regular because of work but the lot of them were willing to go as we played a better brand. If Rowett was perm manager they would quickly lose interest. They are all in their mid 20's and are the fans of the future. You dinsour hoof ball types will be the death of this club

Hehe. How ridiculous
Tam
17:25, Tue 19 Mar
It's not as if it's a wholesale change though. We're adding an experienced and result-grinding manager to what we already have.

If he's come in to help the rest of the coaching staff with the blessing of TM and MV, and helps to ease the stress and add in-game know how, I think that's a good move.

A poor move would be sitting back and letting things carry on in the (presumable) knowledge that Tony won't be back on schedule and just hoping for the best
Make Blues Great Again
17:27, Tue 19 Mar
Hvaka
If we are going down the "knows the club" route I wonder if they asked Hughton? Currently available, and I'd say the only credible alternative if it needs to be a former manager.

😂
17:33, Tue 19 Mar
Warnock is available and given his record of rescue jobs I can't believe he isn't getting a look in.

Always the option to move him upstairs once Mowbray is back then too.

M.
17:36, Tue 19 Mar
Warnock is available and given his record of rescue jobs I can't believe he isn't getting a look in.

M.

I'd rather the club was liquidated.
17:38, Tue 19 Mar
Did well at Aberdeen didn’t he 👀
17:39, Tue 19 Mar
Markymark

M.
Move him upstairs where?
Tony Fantastico
17:44, Tue 19 Mar
A place on the board in Gardner's team. He can do with the help.

M.
17:47, Tue 19 Mar
Why would we put a manager who’s never been on a board before on the board?
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.