11:21, Tue 19 Mar
Amy T
Belgrade Blue
Wilfred Owen
Firstly, echo what most are saying re Tony. It’s an old adage but never truer ‘your health is your wealth’. That must take priority.

I don’t know what’s happened but the club I can only assume are doing what I would have done in their shoes to be fair Give a line in the sand date for TM to see if he is ready to return. If he can’t ( and that is fully understandable) in light of our predicament you have to bring someone who you believe is best to fill your roll. I take the view MV isn’t best suited for the head role. So seemingly have the club

At the end of the day, football is a business. No room for sentiment. Lots of people will undoubtedly lose their jobs if we end up in League 1. Sitting waiting on MV to come good as TM is clearly not ready to return ( if I was running the club) would be an unacceptable risk……. One greater than replacing with Rowett…… imo

If they were gonna do this should have been done on day 1, the dither delay and panic is inexcusable from the club management

Hard to blame the owners, Mowbray was hoped back within 6 weeks and they weren’t to know the players would toss it off because the boss wasn’t there.

The thing they’re doing wrong is bringing effing villa rowett in. A huge step back in terms of both ambition and playing style

Ambition and playing style are irrelevant at the moment. We have to stay up. That's all that matters. Most of the team are off in the summer so it's not like we're building towards something anyway - give them simple instructions to ensure we pick up enough points and then we can rebuild in the summer under Mowbray and push forward in the Championship next year. Sounds like sensible management to me.
11:23, Tue 19 Mar
If we are going down the "knows the club" route I wonder if they asked Hughton? Currently available, and I'd say the only credible alternative if it needs to be a former manager.
11:23, Tue 19 Mar
Not sure how I feel about this tbh.

Something needed to be done though.

Praying there is an update on TM if it is announced later.

My initial feeling is why would Rowett offer to do it short term? A quick buck maybe? Or is there more to it? Pure speculation of course.
11:25, Tue 19 Mar
Well not really the club had to give TM a chance of getting back on his feet in the said time and trust in MV over a period of time.That time is up and we move on for now in the hope that Tone comes back fighting fit in the summer 🤞
47 points will probably guarantee safety, there’s no way that everyone around us are all going to consistently pick up lots of points.

As for Rowett, there’s nothing to say he hasn’t improved and learnt since he left us.

Garry Monk should have waited in terms of playing style he would have been better but there are a lot of mixed messages and our players must be basket cases. I

Ultimately I’m in the camp that says relegation would be a nightmare and not welcome. Big clubs have really struggled to get back out of there. I think Rowett can and will save us

Have you seen how well Monk is doing at Cambridge?
My initial feeling is why would Rowett offer to do it short term? A quick buck maybe? Or is there more to it? Pure speculation of course.

Money

Staying up bonus

Improves his rep if he keeps us up

Proves a point

Lives down the road

Bit smug and will love the adulation

It's a no brainer for him really, he'd be mad to turn it down
Happy Clapper
11:26, Tue 19 Mar
Rowetts doing it so we all kiss his arse and he adds to his reputation
TrickyBlue

Don't think they would be looking at Rowett long term with his dour style of football.
Rowett is sat at home with nothing to do. He's now been offered some money to come and manage us for a few games, to get his name out there and earn himself another job somewhere else. He's built up a bit of a reputation for playing shit football so this is a good chance for him to save a club from relegation and remind owners that he's useful in the right circumstances.

Money. Ego.
11:31, Tue 19 Mar

Money. Ego.

It would not surprise me that this was decided when TM wen't off and TM gave his blessing for a temp replacement if not back within a certain timeframe.
11:39, Tue 19 Mar
Honestly can’t believe how the players have melted under Venus and Cole. The squad is rotten to the core with to many weak links. This has to be the worst season i can remember.
You can’t point the finger at management all you want but responsibility has to come to the players.
The players have taken the piss ! Genuinely feel so sorry for Tony and I’m gutted because he had the players playing some of the best football I’ve seen in years. Imagine the Shame he has having to watch them put in performances like that whilst fighting an illness on a sick bed.
I’m not a rowett fan in fact I can’t stand him, but I hope he comes in and gives these spineless toothless bunch of degenerates a royal kick up the arse !!
TresorLuntala
If true, he will do what he did before and make us hard to beat, not sure about the goalscoring front mind.

8 draws will see us on 47 points, might be enough.

When he came in before he made an immediate impact. We beat Watford in his first game.
He also steered us to safety very easily.
Yeah, I too reckon this has brewing for a while as a worst case scenario option.

I'm also very confident it's been done with Tony's blessing. Mark Venus strikes me as a bloke who doesn't enjoy being the main man. He looked like he'd rather be anywhere else on Saturday after that shambles of a Watford goal went in.
11:41, Tue 19 Mar
TBF last time he arrived we were 23rd and when he left a couple of years later we were 7th.Would settle for some of that at the moment.