12:07, Tue 19 Mar
Urgh, depressing news 👎🏻

Very worried Mowbray won’t be coming back now. This appointment runs the risk of the owners painting themselves into a corner. If it doesn’t work, we go down. If it does work, they could very well keep Rowett on. Lose/lose.
12:12, Tue 19 Mar
Yew Tree Blue
rubywalsh
Honestly can’t believe how the players have melted under Venus and Cole. The squad is rotten to the core with to many weak links. This has to be the worst season i can remember.
You can’t point the finger at management all you want but responsibility has to come to the players.
The players have taken the piss ! Genuinely feel so sorry for Tony and I’m gutted because he had the players playing some of the best football I’ve seen in years. Imagine the Shame he has having to watch them put in performances like that whilst fighting an illness on a sick bed.
I’m not a rowett fan in fact I can’t stand him, but I hope he comes in and gives these spineless toothless bunch of degenerates a royal kick up the arse !!

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Been saying this since Boxing Day v Stoke. Players are a disgrace

The players are putting in 100% effort, absolutely no doubt about that. Attributing our woes down to player effort is incredibly simplistic and ignores the huge impact a manager has on a football team.

The players are desperate for a steadying hand and a bit of guidance.
12:12, Tue 19 Mar
I don't think there's any world where Rowett will get the job long term.

Ideally Rowett keeps us up and TM returns in full health for next season. If TM doesn't return there will be other managers out there for us to go and get.
12:15, Tue 19 Mar
Haircut1000
If he can get us nicking three wins 1-0, I am all for it.

I don’t see how any manager can stop our defence making absolute clangers. I think this is obviously a last desperate throw of the dice and fair play to Wagner and co for being proactive but I just don’t think Rowett is the man.
12:18, Tue 19 Mar
Squatnose
TrickyBlue
The players won’t be arsed at all imo. Short term manager and most of the squad are leaving soon. Do they really care if we go down? I doubt it.

I reckon Saturday's performance against Watford suggested they do care. It was full of energy and commitment and on another day we'd have won that game 3 or 4-1. So I certainly don't expect any downing of tools between now and the end of the season.

There’s a difference between not trying and not being arsed. I’m not saying they are downing tools. They are all professional athletes so they’ll want to win, but I believe a few of those have it in the back of their mind that even if we do go down it’s not their problem.
12:18, Tue 19 Mar
The uproar on here if it all goes wrong will reach total new levels, personally I would not have touched him with a barge pole, but I am not the owners am I, some really bizarre decisions by our owners this season.
La Fine Della Strada

Ideally Rowett keeps us up and TM returns in full health for next season. If TM doesn't return there will be other managers out there for us to go and get.
Exactly this. People wanting Rowett full time if he keeps us up🤯
12:20, Tue 19 Mar
Waggeh
Yeah, I too reckon this has brewing for a while as a worst case scenario option.

I'm also very confident it's been done with Tony's blessing. Mark Venus strikes me as a bloke who doesn't enjoy being the main man. He looked like he'd rather be anywhere else on Saturday after that shambles of a Watford goal went in.

Agree with this. For all we know Venus may have spoken to TM or the board and asked for help. As for TM he's a compassionate guy, he wouldn't have liked seeing his mate struggle.

As for Rowett, he's the ideal bloke to turn this around. It won't be pretty but that's the least of our worries, it's the time of season where results are all that matter.

Long term lets hope TM can return in full health and take us to where we want to be playing good, entertaining football.
12:34, Tue 19 Mar
CastleBlue
The dislike towards him is strange.

As it always has been. The best manager we've had over the last decade.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
12:36, Tue 19 Mar
Partisan Blues Fan
La Fine Della Strada

Exactly this. People wanting Rowett full time if he keeps us up🤯

Just you wait đź‘Ť
12:39, Tue 19 Mar
Miss World
Urgh, depressing news 👎🏻

Very worried Mowbray won’t be coming back now. This appointment runs the risk of the owners painting themselves into a corner. If it doesn’t work, we go down. If it does work, they could very well keep Rowett on. Lose/lose.

So what’s your solution?
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
12:43, Tue 19 Mar
Rowett comes in here gets the three wins we probably need to stay up..

Looks the hero & saviour, flashes his knickers to get himself a new job..

Big Tony takes the rest of the season off to recover and comes back reinvigorated and leads the charge next season.

That’s the ideal world isn’t it.
has everyone suggesting they will keep him on been asleep all season?

they literally sacked a pragmatic manager and have hired two footballing ones since, as well as giving powerpoint presentations over how possession football is the most effective way to get up, those stats wont have changed.

this is needs must as we are in trouble, and just an extra pair of experienced hands to help the current staff out, as Venus isn't a leader.
Ron Burgundy
Yew Tree Blue
rubywalsh
Honestly can’t believe how the players have melted under Venus and Cole. The squad is rotten to the core with to many weak links. This has to be the worst season i can remember.
You can’t point the finger at management all you want but responsibility has to come to the players.
The players have taken the piss ! Genuinely feel so sorry for Tony and I’m gutted because he had the players playing some of the best football I’ve seen in years. Imagine the Shame he has having to watch them put in performances like that whilst fighting an illness on a sick bed.
I’m not a rowett fan in fact I can’t stand him, but I hope he comes in and gives these spineless toothless bunch of degenerates a royal kick up the arse !!

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Been saying this since Boxing Day v Stoke. Players are a disgrace

The players are putting in 100% effort, absolutely no doubt about that. Attributing our woes down to player effort is incredibly simplistic and ignores the huge impact a manager has on a football team.

The players are desperate for a steadying hand and a bit of guidance.

Relieved that there are a few sensible posts on here. Well said.
12:48, Tue 19 Mar
TaylorJay84
Rowett comes in here gets the three wins we probably need to stay up..

Looks the hero & saviour, flashes his knickers to get himself a new job..

Big Tony takes the rest of the season off to recover and comes back reinvigorated and leads the charge next season.

That’s the ideal world isn’t it.

Yeah. Pretty certain this is what happens too.

Though I wouldn't be shocked to see TM call it quits for good.

We then appoint Steve Cooper in the summer and give him a war chest.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H