14:13, Tue 19 Mar
Because no fear football really drives the fans back eh?
14:21, Tue 19 Mar
Nikola Zigic
CastleBlue
The dislike towards him is strange.

As it always has been. The best manager we've had over the last decade.
That’s Mowbray mate.
Now wash yer gob out
Tony Fantastico
14:24, Tue 19 Mar
TresorLuntala
Polo
Makes you wonder why he's been sacked from every club he's been at...

Apart from Burton and Derby.

And officially he was sacked from Birmingham because he was looking at other jobs, not for footballing reasons.
14:27, Tue 19 Mar
debully
It has tbf
Tony Fantastico
14:35, Tue 19 Mar
Rab C Nesbitt
Nikola Zigic
CastleBlue
The dislike towards him is strange.

As it always has been. The best manager we've had over the last decade.
That’s Mowbray mate.
Now wash yer gob out

3 wins so far.

On paper and we hope he will be but of course he is yet to prove he is the best Blues manager over the last 10 years.
Next season I'm sure he will.
14:54, Tue 19 Mar
Rab C Nesbitt
debully
It has tbf

Has it? I was/am an advocate for it, but we haven't got greatly improved attendances. I think we would've had we kept Eustace - there's no way we wouldn't have sold out that first game with a fully open St Andrews had the change not been made and positivity drained by Rooney's reign.

And I don't necessarily agree with it, but there's no doubting that even 5-6 months into changing our style the home fans still get very nervy about playing out the back and frustrated at the slow tempo.

The style of football is irrelevant - the results are what will drive fans back. If Rowett sorts us out defensively which he's sure to do, we may be able to get the most out of our attacking players and win more games. That's what'll drive the fans back.

Also side note - all good talking about possession based attacking football gets teams promoted, but the team who played that way at this level are struggling massively in the premier league, and the team who were more pragmatic and transition based are making a good go of staying up. Lots more goes into it than that, recruitment etc, but seriously, does it matter if you have 25 shots or 5 if the ones you have go in? Did they also take into account (when looking at the data of the promoted teams) which of those teams got promoted with non-parachute payments and what style of football they played?
14:57, Tue 19 Mar
Snoop
TresorLuntala
Polo

And officially he was sacked from Birmingham because he was looking at other jobs, not for footballing reasons.

Good job no Blues fan has ever looked at/applied for/ interviewed for other jobs whilst employed.
14:58, Tue 19 Mar
debully
My son and 6 of his work mates went to the Southampton game. He hadnt been for around 15 years. They loved the football and he has the bug again. Cant go regular because of work but the lot of them were willing to go as we played a better brand. If Rowett was perm manager they would quickly lose interest. They are all in their mid 20's and are the fans of the future. You dinsour hoof ball types will be the death of this club
14:59, Tue 19 Mar
TresorLuntala
Snoop
TresorLuntala
Polo

Good job no Blues fan has ever looked at/applied for/ interviewed for other jobs whilst employed.

Particuarly if the company owners have made it pretty clear they don't fit in to the future plans.
14:59, Tue 19 Mar
mjd2505
Rab C Nesbitt
debully
It has tbf

Has it? I was/am an advocate for it, but we haven't got greatly improved attendances. I think we would've had we kept Eustace - there's no way we wouldn't have sold out that first game with a fully open St Andrews had the change not been made and positivity drained by Rooney's reign.

And I don't necessarily agree with it, but there's no doubting that even 5-6 months into changing our style the home fans still get very nervy about playing out the back and frustrated at the slow tempo.

The style of football is irrelevant - the results are what will drive fans back. If Rowett sorts us out defensively which he's sure to do, we may be able to get the most out of our attacking players and win more games. That's what'll drive the fans back.

Also side note - all good talking about possession based attacking football gets teams promoted, but the team who played that way at this level are struggling massively in the premier league, and the team who were more pragmatic and transition based are making a good go of staying up. Lots more goes into it than that, recruitment etc, but seriously, does it matter if you have 25 shots or 5 if the ones you have go in? Did they also take into account (when looking at the data of the promoted teams) which of those teams got promoted with non-parachute payments and what style of football they played?
Yes attendances are up as you state
Tony Fantastico
15:30, Tue 19 Mar
I’m happy he’s coming back, he’s super confident, knows what he’s doing, and is the right guy for now too.

I know for a fact he was looking at the Derby job, but who can blame him, we’ve all done it to get on, it’s just a job for these guys, it’s all good.

I don’t think this means anything about Tony M, I’m not sure he was ever coming back this season. We had to do something as doing nothing will mean we get relegated…..

Let’s just focus on the next couple of games, then we can see where we are!!

Up the Rowett, up the Jumper shirt combo, he’ll have a massive point to prove too 👍👍
15:31, Tue 19 Mar
Rab C Nesbitt
debully
It has tbf

I'm almost certain you was talking about how you can't give tickets away to people for the last game. That's how entertaining life has been with open football but getting beat most weeks.

Attendances are better because we have better owners, not because we are 4th bottom but pass more.
15:32, Tue 19 Mar
Partisan Blues Fan
debully
My son and 6 of his work mates went to the Southampton game. He hadnt been for around 15 years. They loved the football and he has the bug again. Cant go regular because of work but the lot of them were willing to go as we played a better brand. If Rowett was perm manager they would quickly lose interest. They are all in their mid 20's and are the fans of the future. You dinsour hoof ball types will be the death of this club
But arn’t you missing the point of this whole situation?.

We are sleepwalking into relegation and it’s clear Venus can’t lead them so we need a quick fix to guide us to safety.The rest of it doesn’t matter as long as we can stay up,period.
15:34, Tue 19 Mar
coventrybluenose
Miss World
Urgh, depressing news 👎🏻

Very worried Mowbray won’t be coming back now. This appointment runs the risk of the owners painting themselves into a corner. If it doesn’t work, we go down. If it does work, they could very well keep Rowett on. Lose/lose.

So what’s your solution?

The options aren’t ’Rowett or nobody’
15:37, Tue 19 Mar
Blimmey Rowett really divides the fans! Mind you I’m on the fence but these are the facts since we were last in the PL, he is second only to Chris Hughton regarding % wins at 39%.

This doesn’t include Mowbray as he has managed fewer than 10 games.
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!