17:48, Tue 19 Mar
Markymark
Warnock is available and given his record of rescue jobs I can't believe he isn't getting a look in.

Always the option to move him upstairs once Mowbray is back then too.

M.

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ very good
17:55, Tue 19 Mar
Petebaldwin
That's fair enough but you say "if we go down" and Wagner will be thinking "we absolutely cannot go down."

Personally, I think we'd be down if we kept things as they were so that means something has to change. We've brought in someone with lots of experience managing weaker sides in the Championship and getting immediate results. It's not pretty but it's effective. For that reason, I'm happy if we end up bringing Rowett in.

At the same time, I am 100% against him being our manager past the end of the season. Hopefully Mowbray will be back and he'll carry on where he left off but if he can't come back, we need to find someone else.

Thanks for the considered reply.

I get all of that but, with genuine respect, as well as saying ā€œif we go downā€ I also said ā€œif we surviveā€. Thatā€™s the only two options.

I donā€™t agree that something has to change, but the heart of my point is that even if you are right that something has to change, that change doesnā€™t have to be Rowett.

Itā€™s speculation of course but Iā€™m getting a bad feeling that Mowbray wonā€™t be our manager next year. Bringing in Rowett now makes it (at least) a possibility heā€™ll be taking charge next season. That is a retrograde and divisive step.
18:14, Tue 19 Mar
Tam
Totally agree Tam
18:14, Tue 19 Mar
Miss World
Petebaldwin
That's fair enough but you say "if we go down" and Wagner will be thinking "we absolutely cannot go down."

Personally, I think we'd be down if we kept things as they were so that means something has to change. We've brought in someone with lots of experience managing weaker sides in the Championship and getting immediate results. It's not pretty but it's effective. For that reason, I'm happy if we end up bringing Rowett in.

At the same time, I am 100% against him being our manager past the end of the season. Hopefully Mowbray will be back and he'll carry on where he left off but if he can't come back, we need to find someone else.

I get all of that but, with genuine respect, as well as saying ā€œif we go downā€ I also said ā€œif we surviveā€. Thatā€™s the only two options.

I donā€™t agree that something has to change, but the heart of my point is that even if you are right that something has to change, that change doesnā€™t have to be Rowett.

Itā€™s speculation of course but Iā€™m getting a bad feeling that Mowbray wonā€™t be our manager next year. Bringing in Rowett now makes it (at least) a possibility heā€™ll be taking charge next season. That is a retrograde and divisive step.

Maybe Mowbray won't be our manager next year for reasons much more important than football.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
18:18, Tue 19 Mar
I guess it comes down to whether you think weā€™ll go down with Venus left in charge or not - I do so thatā€™s why I think unless Mowbray is coming back, weā€™ve got to do something. I canā€™t see where the next point is coming from at the moment.

I really donā€™t think theyā€™d give Rowett the job full-time. Heā€™s everything they donā€™t want in a manager. Thatā€™s a problem for later though - letā€™s just find a way to remain in this division and hope that Mowbray returns to full health and is happy to jump back in the dugout!
18:21, Tue 19 Mar
I think appointing Rowett means Mowbray may well not even come back - but it could also be that they're saying "look, we don't want you to rush yourself back and be stressed because the team is doing bad, with your blessing, we'll bring in an interim and re-assess at the end of the season".

Don't want to speculate on his health though. Looks like Rowett will be in until the end of the season to take the pressure off Mowbray and we can review the situation in the summer. Imagine unless Rowett does spectacularly, they'll look at appointing another front-foot possession football based manager.
18:22, Tue 19 Mar
IanT
Miss World
Petebaldwin

Maybe Mowbray won't be our manager next year for reasons much more important than football.

Iā€™m genuinely not sure what your point is here.

Anyone with half a pinch of empathy can understand that this is a possibility and will feel very sad about that if it is the case. Iā€™m offering an opinion on Rowett replacing him, in a way which I canā€™t honestly see could be considered to be contrary to that.
18:26, Tue 19 Mar
Not read all comments but weā€™ve no idea on TMā€™s health, therefore the club may not be in a position to plan.

Under MV weā€™re dropping like a stone. Also, MV may have asked to be stood down or have help.

Personally think this is a sensible appointment. If it happens letā€™s get behind the manager & team for what wil be a huge 8 games.
18:29, Tue 19 Mar
I think it gives Mowbray peace during his rehabilitation and recuperation as well.

He donā€™t need to be at the end of a phone stressing about us

Get well Uncle Tony x
Petebaldwin
I guess it comes down to whether you think weā€™ll go down with Venus left in charge or not - I do so thatā€™s why I think unless Mowbray is coming back, weā€™ve got to do something. I canā€™t see where the next point is coming from at the moment.

I really donā€™t think theyā€™d give Rowett the job full-time. Heā€™s everything they donā€™t want in a manager. Thatā€™s a problem for later though - letā€™s just find a way to remain in this division and hope that Mowbray returns to full health and is happy to jump back in the dugout!

Even if I though we would go down with Venus (which I donā€™t, but I completely accept that this is moot and I can not know that is the case), my issue is ā€œweā€™ve got to do somethingā€ does not mean ā€œweā€™ve got to appoint Rowettā€. Theyā€™re giving themselves an unnecessary problem because he is such a divisive figure. The three options are: do nothing; appoint Rowett; do something else. Appointing Rowett is the worst of the three for me.
Miss World
Markymark
Warnock is available and given his record of rescue jobs I can't believe he isn't getting a look in.

Always the option to move him upstairs once Mowbray is back then too.

M.

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ very good

Warnock is like the shit car on a Top Gear challenge
18:32, Tue 19 Mar
mjd2505
I think appointing Rowett means Mowbray may well not even come back - but it could also be that they're saying "look, we don't want you to rush yourself back and be stressed because the team is doing bad, with your blessing, we'll bring in an interim and re-assess at the end of the season".

Don't want to speculate on his health though. Looks like Rowett will be in until the end of the season to take the pressure off Mowbray and we can review the situation in the summer. Imagine unless Rowett does spectacularly, they'll look at appointing another front-foot possession football based manager.

I think even if Rowett does spectacularly, unless it is playing an attacking possession based style, then he has no chance of getting the job long term.

Though, after all the posting in this thread, do we even know exactly what his job is yet?
I have seen it described as interim head coach/consultant - which feels like it could have some clear limits if it is more of the latter.
Tam
18:33, Tue 19 Mar
My Blue Heaven
I think it gives Mowbray peace during his rehabilitation and recuperation as well.

He donā€™t need to be at the end of a phone stressing about us

Get well Uncle Tony x

This is how I see it. Regardless of individual views on Rowett, heā€™s a competent and experienced manager at this level. Heā€™s here to help the club and the coaching staff (and himself, Iā€™m sure, which is absolutely fine) and augment what we already have. Itā€™s clear that things arenā€™t yet right with Tony, and we have to either do something or do nothing.

Rowett is available, will know what we need, and is what we havenā€™t got at the moment, and thatā€™s a manager, regardless of what title heā€™s given.
Make Blues Great Again
18:36, Tue 19 Mar
Snoop
mjd2505

I think even if Rowett does spectacularly, unless it is playing an attacking possession based style, then he has no chance of getting the job long term.

Though, after all the posting in this thread, do we even know exactly what his job is yet?
I have seen it described as interim head coach/consultant - which feels like it could have some clear limits if it is more of the latter.

In the unlikely scenario that he wins 5+ /8 games, I think there will be a shout to get him in. And there's probably something to be said for it. Whether they do it or not I don't know, but I reckon there would be a clamour from fans.

The second part of your message is what worries me though. If we're doing this, he has to be THE authoritative figure. Why would he be a consultant for Venus, that makes absolutely no sense. Just knocking about as a motivator makes no sense. Either we go full Rowett or we don't do it at all in my view. A limited role I think could be disastrous with conflicting views on how to play football and limited authority for his relationship with the players.
18:36, Tue 19 Mar
Tam
Aaanyway... I thought this would've been announced by now considering the initial febrile-ness.