09:27, Tue 19 Mar
this is unexpected - and weird.

I do think we were wrong to get rid when we did last time round but would never advocate for a return of Rowett - that being said if TM needs more time then he should be given it and the team needs some strong leadership we've been saying thats what we lack for weeks.

It's a risk - but i suppose less of one than the current situation.
09:29, Tue 19 Mar
At least action is being taken!
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
09:29, Tue 19 Mar
I personally feel more confident of our chances of survival than I did 24 hours ago.
09:30, Tue 19 Mar
Super Hans
Undefeated furiously putting a design together for a Gilet to sell.

More of a v-neck man ain't he Gaz? I fink a Reiss x Undefeated collab is needed.
09:30, Tue 19 Mar
number8
I know the club FFS. He knows none of these players. Its a car crash waiting to happen. Rowett and Mowbrays style are about as far apart as you can get.

I hope it works obvs but I thought we were out of the woods for mad managerial shenanigins.

But what would you suggest as it appears clear that Venus is hopeless and Tony isn’t coming back any day soon and nor should he as his health is paramount?
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
09:31, Tue 19 Mar
We don't have a choice. Continue as we are and we are prpbably going down. Owners clearly feel the same way.

Mowbray needs some time to recover and there are far worse people we could get in than rowett. He is a good manager. Hopefully it's enough to keep us up.
09:31, Tue 19 Mar
StechyBlue
Yeah, seems like this might have been motivated by an update on Uncle Tone's situation.

Whether you agree with the move or not, you can't really accuse these owners of being indecisive.

I am alright with this. Knows the club and motivated the lads from 8-0 Bournemouth to a win over 1st place Watford in 2 weeks.

You'll do for me. Something needs to happen, coz we can't hit a cows arse with a banjo at the minute.

I've never understood this "knows the club" line that often gets reeled out.

None of the players are the same, the owners have changed, ffs even the training ground is in a different place altogether. Basically, he has the exact same knowledge of the club as anyone else
09:32, Tue 19 Mar
Lumbertubs
Yeah, seems like this might have been motivated by an update on Uncle Tone's situation.

Whether you agree with the move or not, you can't really accuse these owners of being indecisive.

Can’t argue with your latter point.

If we stick with MV as caretaker for the rest of the season but go down, the owners will be vilified for not acting.

I am not a particular fan of GR but in the circumstances I can see this as a calculated, as opposed to desperate, move.
Formerly known as GuildfordBlue…
J_D
09:33, Tue 19 Mar
coventrybluenose
At least action is being taken!

Exactly!

Once again, most in meltdown mode before Rowett's even come in

Venus is quite simply out of his depth and it only takes a few bad results going against us for relegation to be very much a reality

The club have taken action when it needed to be taken
09:34, Tue 19 Mar
My Blue Heaven
If it keeps us up I’m all for it.
what if he relegated us
He knows the club:

[x.com]
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
Hope he brings Paul Robinson with him
J_D
Get yourself out the cupboard Oli Burke.
Maybe too early but this season has felt like a repeat of when our last overlords came in and tried to change things too quickly only this time we have the sad situation of Mowbray and really this makes any decisions difficult for all. Just a thought, Tony decided, or has to step down. Rowett steers us to safety. If we follow the previous example then he gets the job. Any takers?
09:35, Tue 19 Mar
GR may not be a popular choice but one point from last 6 games shows that something had to change.

Venus can now coach and GR can take away some of the pressure on him.

He will have my 100% backing while here and hopefully TM back sooner rather than later.
Turn left when you get on a plane.