HackneyBlue
has everyone suggesting they will keep him on been asleep all season?

they literally sacked a pragmatic manager and have hired two footballing ones since, as well as giving powerpoint presentations over how possession football is the most effective way to get up, those stats wont have changed.

this is needs must as we are in trouble, and just an extra pair of experienced hands to help the current staff out, as Venus isn't a leader.

Where does that leave Mowbray as he doesn't have any leaders or staff capable of showing any leadership? Got to mean Mowbray is also being questioned.
Why does it?
If Rowett keeps us up, we go on a mad run, the positivity comes back, then Mowbray sadly announces he's retiring at the end of the season, they have to hire Rowett.

Imagine if Rowett kept us up, we outperformed for 8 weeks, everyone was buzzing - then they bring in somebody like Frank Lampard, and we start next season losing every week. They'd make a rod for their own backs. The seethe would be huge. Cook wouldn't escape a feck up for a 2nd time.

Mowbray or Rowett will be managing next year
Keep Rowett On

@vivacb2
Mowbray needs questioning because his long term no.2 isn't very good at being no.1?
12:54, Tue 19 Mar
Belgrade Blue
HackneyBlue
has everyone suggesting they will keep him on been asleep all season?

they literally sacked a pragmatic manager and have hired two footballing ones since, as well as giving powerpoint presentations over how possession football is the most effective way to get up, those stats wont have changed.

this is needs must as we are in trouble, and just an extra pair of experienced hands to help the current staff out, as Venus isn't a leader.

Where does that leave Mowbray as he doesn't have any leaders or staff capable of showing any leadership? Got to mean Mowbray is also being questioned.

Odd take on that.
Gary Rowett
If Rowett keeps us up, we go on a mad run, the positivity comes back, then Mowbray sadly announces he's retiring at the end of the season, they have to hire Rowett.

Imagine if Rowett kept us up, we outperformed for 8 weeks, everyone was buzzing - then they bring in somebody like Frank Lampard, and we start next season losing every week. They'd make a rod for their own backs. The seethe would be huge. Cook wouldn't escape a feck up for a 2nd time.

What if we go down and Mowbray decides to call it a day?
Belgrade Blue
Gary Rowett

What if we go down and Mowbray decides to call it a day?

I'd still get Rowett in; young English manager with a decent record at Championship level. Would a solid hire in League 1. Rather than risking it on some clown like Steve Evans
Keep Rowett On

@vivacb2
12:58, Tue 19 Mar
Oh no, you're back, this was my safe space
Happy Clapper
13:00, Tue 19 Mar
Le Mod

Will only dip in and out, and leave you message-board boomers in peace
Keep Rowett On

@vivacb2
13:01, Tue 19 Mar
Le Mod
Players are generally good under good managers and bad under bad ones. It's the been the same at Vile (Gerrard vs Emery) and the same at WBA (Bruce vs Corberan), exactly the same players, massively contrasting results.

Call them a disgrace and scumbags if you like but they're like virtually every other set of them, they need guidance and leadership.

Ironically there have been some people who have claimed over and over that managers don't make a difference, that are now saying that this appointment will save our season.

100%. The players aren't shit or a disgrace they're young and in need of leadership and the confidence that good leadership brings.
Le Mod

The stars align for the podcast
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
Gary Rowett is manager. Brownie is back. Trump is going for the presidency.

It's 2016.
Oldham

It's 2016.

Fantastic year as well for me personally. Great to be back.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
13:02, Tue 19 Mar
Oldham

It's 2016.

Nature's healing
Keep Rowett On

@vivacb2
HackneyBlue
Mowbray needs questioning because his long term no.2 isn't very good at being no.1?

I am not questioning him, but people must be I would have thought.

The manager probably does what 20-25% of the day to day, I would imagine most of their role is project management, managing the coaching team and making the big decisions.

Venus has been in regular contact with Mowbray who we understand has been calling the high level big decision, yet it has gone completely to pot. Suggests the coaches are either taking the piss or require constant micromanagement and aren't good enough to stand on their own two feet without constant supervision

Also, people keep saying they need TM in the dressing room. Why do professional players and coaches need Mowbray to dress them down, and why can't Venus do that, the whole things just seems off.

Is Rowett going to bring in his own coaches and what if he can't work with Mowbrays coaches / Venus? Are they all on gardening leave or the naughty step?