15:55, Mon 1 Jan
On the few occasions we have possession in the final third, the players are completely bereft of any ideas. There's no pattern of play established.

Compare and contrast to Rotherham and WBA where there was targeted out balls to the wings with midfield runners.
Players aren't suited to possession football. Didn't do to badly until the first goal.
Miamivice
Yeah but those 30 minutes against Ipswich were incredible.

Surely he must be close to getting the sack?

You’d think it’d be tonight or tomorrow. Get someone in asap, nobody cares about the cup, give the new gaffer 10 days with the squad before the next league game.

They won’t sack him though, Cook is a coward.
Super Hans
He’s gorra go

Maybe a juicy 5-0 will be the pretext for Cook.
Rags
Someone needs to have a word with Buchanan at half-time ,,, he's positioning himself as the left hand side of TWO centre-halves when he's supposed to be playing on the left of a THREE.... leaving Longelo with full back responsibilities when he's playing wing-back

James was poor for the second goal - but reluctant to criticise him

Football Manager strikes again
Yep there you go. This is exactly what I was saying during the Leicester game - we can't defend so we might as well at least set the team up to cause the opposition problems. Instead, we've gone "hmmm we're actually ok going forward but can't defend - best stop doing what we're good at and let the team test our defence over and over."

I said a few games back that I accept changing our style will take time but that they've just got to stick with it. People claimed it was "just like Zola" but it wasn't because instead of giving up, we were still being positive and trying to do our thing. Now it's like Zola. Game plan abandoned, players confused, low morale, no confidence, no way forward.

Why would the players be confident? We asked them to play a new style of football and just as they're showing signs of getting there, we've said "no you're too shit to do that so we're going to rip that up, put everyone on defensive duty and hope to get lucky."
15:56, Mon 1 Jan
get ya money on us going dowm.its a cert
He should be gone at full time today but he won’t be.
...we were doing OK until the 1st goal. Could have been different had Dembele made a decent pass.
Poor defending fot the 1st and shot ourselves in the foot for the 2nd.
Yeah they look like they don't know where or how to place the pass, given that there is even anybody there to receive the pass
Given the freedom of the penalty area for the second.

When Rooney does go l hope someone in the team goes public on what it’s like. It really does look like they’re playing to get him sacked.
Its not really alright if you just sit and create zero pressure or attacks. You could maybe do that if you had the 88 AC Milan back 4, unfortunately we have this lot.
15:58, Mon 1 Jan
Petebaldwin
Yep there you go. This is exactly what I was saying during the Leicester game - we can't defend so we might as well at least set the team up to cause the opposition problems. Instead, we've gone "hmmm we're actually ok going forward but can't defend - best stop doing what we're good at and let the team test our defence over and over."

I said a few games back that I accept changing our style will take time but that they've just got to stick with it. People claimed it was "just like Zola" but it wasn't because instead of giving up, we were still being positive and trying to do our thing. Now it's like Zola. Game plan abandoned, players confused, low morale, no confidence, no way forward.

Why would the players be confident? We asked them to play a new style of football and just as they're showing signs of getting there, we've said "no you're too shit to do that so we're going to rip that up, put everyone on defensive duty and hope to get lucky."

This.
Bluestaines
TaylorJay84
generalBlue
TaylorJay84
Bluenose27
Annoying thing is we haven’t played too badly, but then just poor defending once again. Do we have defensive coaches at this club atm?

No I thought we looked alright.
But we do just give teams freebies don’t we.

We did look ok.
Dembele makes a simple pass in their box and we go 1-0 up.
Instead he screws up and within minutes we concede.
Our problems aren't just all about defending better

No I agree with that, decision making is an issue front to back tbh.

Lack of confidence. People think football management is all about tactics and style of play but I suspect motivation and confidence is a big issue. I suspect there is a lack of decent man management within the current regime.

When a pro footballer regularly makes wrong decisions in possession on the edge of the opponents box in plenty of space please forgive me for arguing the point that that is down to the individual's lack of composure or speed of thought as opposed to ' man management '
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
2 absolute shocking goals basic defending
Sanderson for first goal not staying with Hanford then coming under the ball free header longelo miles off James for the cross

And as for jj wtf 😳

For all there possession they did eff all 1 save ruddy

Simple school boy errors it’s mind blowing it really is

You can’t blame a manager for school boy errors

Players are thick as fuxk some of them