16:41, Mon 1 Jan
Petebaldwin
Falstaff
GBBlue
number8
Who sets them up? Who coaches them all week?

This is a mid table squad, being managed downwards.

There is no way in a million years this is a mid table squad. We haven’t finished above 17th in a decade and this squad is weaker than last season.

You’re right. Pre-season the pundits had us as relegation certainties. Eustace had us getting better results than performances perhaps warranted, but over a season the team was always going to find its true level. That’s what’s happened since Rooney got here. Maybe someone could get us performing above our level again - but it’s going to be tough.

Nah I’m not having that. We’re more than capable of a mid-table finish with this squad. We’ve seen how a good manager can change teams overnight from looking awful to looking good.

Replacing Eustace like they did (and when they did) made Rooney’s task harder than it needed to be but his lack of ability as a manager means he would have failed regardless.

The owners tried something and it didn’t work. Never mind, mistakes happen. Learn from it and move on.

Agreed
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
16:41, Mon 1 Jan
number8
Buchanan, Drameh, Laird (made of glass I grant you), Stansfield, Dembele - all improvements over players we had last year.
The first three seem to be injured all the bloody time. And Stansfield is good for an hour, no more.

Dembele shows brilliance but he is so inconsistent. He’s not a step up from Hannibal.
Laird, Buchanan, Anderson, Stansfield and Dembele are all better than last years team. James has been like a new signing apart from today.
Yes, some have been injured but they were under Eustace too.
Chang was pants for most of last season, Hannibal was mixed and didn’t start that many games. We have definitely missed Trusty though.

Rooney has lost the players. That is obvious.
16:42, Mon 1 Jan
Tilton Rifle
I have absolutely no doubt that JE would have this lot in the top half. Through good organisation and good man management.

I don’t believe he would but we would have more points
Results suggest they are a 20-23 team though. But nobody said that after the window, almost everyone, including me, thought it was good window if a bit of risk. We were "on the rise". 😳
This is absolutely awful.

How can the owners not see this will end in relegation if they don't change things right now!
16:44, Mon 1 Jan
Or not 😅 (edited my own post)
16:44, Mon 1 Jan
Mr Driscoll
Just can’t get angry any more. If they don’t sack him tonight they won’t do it until it’s too late.

I’m resigned to us going down now.

It’s quite a peaceful feeling once you accept it and realise there’s nothing you, as an individual, can do about it.

If he (wr) had anything about him, he would resign but he knows he will never get another gig now so will hold out for the tin tack and stay on gardening leave til his contract is up
16:46, Mon 1 Jan
Thats it - he is fighting for his career now so he cant quit else the record with us stops at this failure
16:46, Mon 1 Jan
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Relegation looming. Get rid
16:47, Mon 1 Jan
albi
Mr Driscoll
Just can’t get angry any more. If they don’t sack him tonight they won’t do it until it’s too late.

I’m resigned to us going down now.

It’s quite a peaceful feeling once you accept it and realise there’s nothing you, as an individual, can do about it.

If he (wr) had anything about him, he would resign but he knows he will never get another gig now so will hold out for the tin tack and stay on gardening leave til his contract is up

How often does a manager resign?
GBBlue
Tilton Rifle
I have absolutely no doubt that JE would have this lot in the top half. Through good organisation and good man management.

I don’t believe he would but we would have more points

He would. Do the maths!

Unbelievably, we are still only 12 points off 6th now. Even if JE had only got 2 more wins and 2 more draws than WR in those 14 games we would be 4 points off play offs now.
KC
I shall never stop supporting or going down the Blues but this ex use for football is driving me insane.Everytime I see Rooney on the line makes me feel sick, and the young tv commentator makes me want to throw something at the telly, although he does have a difficult job.There is nothing positive. We live off and talk up the very, very occasional win/draw which never take us forward.
Least Zola did the right thing and walked eventually. No way Rooney does though.
We're now getting hammered game after game.

I'm not sure how anyone can think there is any chance of turning this around without buying an entire new squad this month which is unlikely to happen.
The cold never bothered me anyway