16:37, Mon 1 Jan
Mr Driscoll
Just can’t get angry any more. If they don’t sack him tonight they won’t do it until it’s too late.

I’m resigned to us going down now.

It’s quite a peaceful feeling once you accept it and realise there’s nothing you, as an individual, can do about it.

Not angry just frustrating, the hope was back and now it has been dampened.

It will come back but the waste of money is concerning when so tight against ffp, hopefully, he does have a performance clause.
bluearmyfaction
TaylorJay84
, ‘cause on paper they are not a bad side” #LUFC
tbf it’s mostly the same squad from last season without its three best players (Chong, Trusty, and Hannibal) replaced by those who do not seem to be as good…

Our squad this season is better than last. I swear some of our fans have poor memory or are choosing not to remember.

Sanderson, myoshi, stansfield, bielik all looked 10x better players at the start of this season. Everyone did. No one at all was saying how shit our players are untill rooney came in. Go and watch highlights from our games up untill rooney came in. It's night and day.

So he has either coached them into shit players or he is shit. Or both.

This squad is so much better than 20th in the league. It's actually offensive we are in the position we are.
At least QPR are losing again.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
16:38, Mon 1 Jan
Blues could lose the next ten and still not be in the bottom three so useless are Wednesday Rotherham Huddersfield and QPR.
Super Hans

Yeah it buys him a few more weeks without the gap closing
number8
With the players we got in in the summer, it is a mid table squad. It's not as bad as Rooney is making it look.

Who? Buchanan, Stansfield yep better

Dembele and Miyoshi. Jury’s out.

Laird, Roberts. Never fit, No good being good on paper

Aiwu. Abject
Burke. Horrendous

When you consider who we lost last season i am simply not having it. This is a 15th to 19th team
Mr Driscoll
Just can’t get angry any more. If they don’t sack him tonight they won’t do it until it’s too late.

It’s quite a peaceful feeling once you accept it and realise there’s nothing you, as an individual, can do about it.

This i agree with
God I hate it when we have to rely on other peoples results. Can’t we just be half decent ourselves for a change.
Super Hans

Bet they're glad they have to play us again then.
16:39, Mon 1 Jan
Carlsblues
Mr Driscoll

This i agree with

We ain’t going down if we get rid of this charlatan ASAP
I do wonder how all those people who argued with me when this change happened feel right now.

I remember such argurments as
'It's a free hit this season', 'we can't judge him till next season', 'he'll bring more clicks though'. We was 6th and we now look nailed on for relegation with 2 wins in 15 games of football.

Bunch of idiots. Scary thing is they won't even learn. They made the same arguements with zola and didn't learn.

We deserve relegation. The owners are to blame for this, people don't want to hear it but they are. Cook hired his mate who had 0 previous history of ever playing fantastic football.

eff him off n bring mowbray in.

If the owners definitely wanted rid of Eustace and did so when we were 6th - we were actually in a much better situation then to attract a good manager than we are now
I have absolutely no doubt that JE would have this lot in the top half. Through good organisation and good man management.
Cook sacking Eustace the moment Rooney became available is a true Sliding Doors moment for this club. And of course we're the wrong side of it.

Rooney may become a serviceable manager in time, but he's clearly not going to succeed here now. The question is, can we find a replacement who will see what Eustace saw, manage to play to this weak squad's strengths to pull us away from relegation danger, and then maybe go again in the summer (which would have been the time to review Eustace's position as many said)?
Falstaff
GBBlue
number8
Who sets them up? Who coaches them all week?

This is a mid table squad, being managed downwards.

There is no way in a million years this is a mid table squad. We haven’t finished above 17th in a decade and this squad is weaker than last season.

You’re right. Pre-season the pundits had us as relegation certainties. Eustace had us getting better results than performances perhaps warranted, but over a season the team was always going to find its true level. That’s what’s happened since Rooney got here. Maybe someone could get us performing above our level again - but it’s going to be tough.

Nah I’m not having that. We’re more than capable of a mid-table finish with this squad. We’ve seen how a good manager can change teams overnight from looking awful to looking good.

Replacing Eustace like they did (and when they did) made Rooney’s task harder than it needed to be but his lack of ability as a manager means he would have failed regardless.

The owners tried something and it didn’t work. Never mind, mistakes happen. Learn from it and move on.
16:40, Mon 1 Jan
Petebaldwin
Falstaff
GBBlue
number8
Who sets them up? Who coaches them all week?

This is a mid table squad, being managed downwards.

There is no way in a million years this is a mid table squad. We haven’t finished above 17th in a decade and this squad is weaker than last season.

You’re right. Pre-season the pundits had us as relegation certainties. Eustace had us getting better results than performances perhaps warranted, but over a season the team was always going to find its true level. That’s what’s happened since Rooney got here. Maybe someone could get us performing above our level again - but it’s going to be tough.

Nah I’m not having that. We’re more than capable of a mid-table finish with this squad. We’ve seen how a good manager can change teams overnight from looking awful to looking good.

Replacing Eustace like they did (and when they did) made Rooney’s task harder than it needed to be but his lack of ability as a manager means he would have failed regardless.

The owners tried something and it didn’t work. Never mind, mistakes happen. Learn from it and move on.

Bit later than some but not all…. But this is the game I throw my hands up. Rooney out.