15:58, Mon 1 Jan
I hate seeing Blues lose I really do, but over the last decade I've got used to it.

The only positive today is that he's closer to the sack.
ā€œOh Nikola Zigicā€

H
15:58, Mon 1 Jan
Same old shit

Self inflicted at the back and not enough going forward

Leeds there for us to have a go at, 1 win in 5 and it showed

There is a way back in this for a point
15:59, Mon 1 Jan
What a shower of sh*t!
Surly if this ends in a complete capitulation Rooney is gone. I really doubt Rooney has any tricks up his sleeve in the transfer window that warrants him keeping his job. If it's all dependent on who we can shift out to bring anyone in, is there any point in giving him a transfer window?
This season in reality was always about bringing the fans back and bringing the love back. Rooney clearly isn't that guy.
Nikola Zigic
I hate seeing Blues lose I really do, but over the last decade I've got used to it.

How's that nappy?
bacuna looks pissed off,who can blame him
16:00, Mon 1 Jan
This is like watching a Sunday league defence. We are so lazy at following runners and marking players. There is no urgency and Iā€™ve got to say, we donā€™t look bothered

There's a lot in that ...

People used to complain about Eustace continually saying "we need to be competitive" (and not a lot else) ... but he DID have us competitive. We competed for tackles, competed for the ball, competed for space, competed for position, competed for headers, .... we competed all over.

I know i keep knocking "playing through the thirds" progressive football with your keeper as the low lying defensive pivot .... but it all does away with being competitive
16:00, Mon 1 Jan
This is as bad as Zola and Cotterill. Just the inevitability of us conceding is that much that I honestly donā€™t care.
16:01, Mon 1 Jan
Haircut1000
Super Hans
Heā€™s gorra go

Maybe a juicy 5-0 will be the pretext for Cook.

Iā€™d take 5-0 now. Itā€™s likely to be more
texasblue
2 absolute shocking goals basic defending
Sanderson for first goal not staying with Hanford then coming under the ball free header longelo miles off James for the cross

And as for jj wtf šŸ˜³

For all there possession they did eff all 1 save ruddy

Simple school boy errors itā€™s mind blowing it really is

You canā€™t blame a manager for school boy errors

Players are thick as fuxk some of them

I actually think after this amount of time in charge, you definitely can blame the manager and coaches for school boy errors
We have tried every style of play and formation thatā€™s possible within the last three months. Itā€™s no wonder there is no discernible pattern of play combined with a group of players who look like they are well past giving a shit.
I backed Rooney because by and large I could see a plan that we were moving towards a desire to have more possession, pass more and play on the front foot. He is now petrified of attacking

Sorry but one of his remaining backers here says time is up

However these players are awful at the moment and I struggle to see who can coach them to any degree of success
Itā€™s the point Iā€™m at tbh, and the fact that rooneys not going anywhere so itā€™s not going to get any better, just worse.
16:02, Mon 1 Jan
Haircut1000
Nikola Zigic

How's that nappy?

?

Have you never typed whilst walking?

It reminded me of Blues under Rooney tbf.
ā€œOh Nikola Zigicā€

H
I don't think that is true.

Part of the problem is we are playing players out of position.3 of the back 4.

We also lack physicality. Too many weak players.

And we made poor decisions the couple of times we did get forward. One thing i noticed was when we had a free kick in front of the dug out no one got forward. No idea why not. We ended up playing the free kick backwards. Surely it was an opportunity to get a big lad or two forward and lump it in. It's not like we are doing anything else in attack.

I don't see a lack of effort. It's a lack of confidence both generally and in the match plan. Those players can play effectively. Or least less ineffectually. I don't know what the answer is, but i don't think Rooney is likely to be part of it.
Petebaldwin
Yep there you go. This is exactly what I was saying during the Leicester game - we can't defend so we might as well at least set the team up to cause the opposition problems. Instead, we've gone "hmmm we're actually ok going forward but can't defend - best stop doing what we're good at and let the team test our defence over and over."

I said a few games back that I accept changing our style will take time but that they've just got to stick with it. People claimed it was "just like Zola" but it wasn't because instead of giving up, we were still being positive and trying to do our thing. Now it's like Zola. Game plan abandoned, players confused, low morale, no confidence, no way forward.

Why would the players be confident? We asked them to play a new style of football and just as they're showing signs of getting there, we've said "no you're too shit to do that so we're going to rip that up, put everyone on defensive duty and hope to get lucky."

It is just like Zola and it was all so predictable. Players aren't good enough so you need to transition slowly not overnight. There are other ways that don't mean hoofball. It was never gonna work the way they wanted it to. Because of FFP bringing new players in will take a long time. And you won't get this lot playing possession based football. Just not good enough. Also, frankly, Rooney is just a poor manager, regardless of style. So, so nieive.