16:03, Mon 1 Jan
Just watched that first goal again and Aiwu and Sanderson are both pointing at each other to mark Bamford before the cross comes in. Unfortunately neither bother to do it, Absolutely shocking defending. Personally think it was Sanderson but it’s just plain laziness
16:03, Mon 1 Jan
PRBlue
We have tried every style of play and formation that’s possible within the last three months. It’s no wonder there is no discernible pattern of play combined with a group of players who look like they are well past giving a shit.

Yep. It’s no surprise that the players don’t know what to do and passes go astray.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
16:04, Mon 1 Jan
A penny for Wagner's thoughts.
16:04, Mon 1 Jan
I'm struggling to come to terms with how much Marcus painter looks like John 'homewrecker' Terry
16:05, Mon 1 Jan
Hopefully he’s thinking of ending this mess, and getting in a proper manager, but I doubt it.
16:05, Mon 1 Jan
Haircut1000
A penny for Wagner's thoughts.

A penny for Garry Cooks
16:06, Mon 1 Jan
It looks to me like hes just set them up just to keep the goals against to a respectable level . Its just total crap and I feel sorry for anyone whos made the trip up there to watch this tripe .
On the positive side, I’m watching the Leeds stream and there’s a right fit bird presenting.
The situation is becoming untenable now. The players know he is going to get the sack so can't be bothered. The players are not this bad but are being told to play in a way they are not comfortable with and do not have the ability to execute.
Isn't part of the coach's role to induce errors in the opposition by setting up the team to apply pressure and force the most mistakes?
And isn't this made more straightforward if the opposition are a) not great and b) not confident and c) seemingly quite confused, and d) publicly announcing how they plan to play?
For Rags: when faith fails, hope then charity? We are fooked. Ironic isn't it, after the change of ownership lifted us all.
16:07, Mon 1 Jan
generalBlue
Bluestaines
TaylorJay84
generalBlue
TaylorJay84
Bluenose27
Annoying thing is we haven’t played too badly, but then just poor defending once again. Do we have defensive coaches at this club atm?

No I thought we looked alright.
But we do just give teams freebies don’t we.

We did look ok.
Dembele makes a simple pass in their box and we go 1-0 up.
Instead he screws up and within minutes we concede.
Our problems aren't just all about defending better

No I agree with that, decision making is an issue front to back tbh.

Lack of confidence. People think football management is all about tactics and style of play but I suspect motivation and confidence is a big issue. I suspect there is a lack of decent man management within the current regime.

When a pro footballer regularly makes wrong decisions in possession on the edge of the opponents box in plenty of space please forgive me for arguing the point that that is down to the individual's lack of composure or speed of thought as opposed to ' man management '

I think you are underestimating the pressure pro footballers are under. We all do things better when our confidence levels are up. But as you suggest perhaps these players aren't the best. In which case which how stupid to to try and get them to play a possession based game when they aren't capable. Chaos now reigns either way.
I backed Rooney because by and large I could see a plan that we were moving towards a desire to have more possession, pass more and play on the front foot. He is now petrified of attacking

Sorry but one of his remaining backers here says time is up

However these players are awful at the moment and I struggle to see who can coach them to any degree of success

GBBlue - while you're here ... any truth in your "JJ to Italy" post ? ..... or was it just to wind people up ?
I don’t see how Wagner doesn’t pull the trigger, he’s clearly a smart businessman. In any other business he’d have the new hire sacked.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
16:08, Mon 1 Jan
Zublue
Just watched that first goal again and Aiwu and Sanderson are both pointing at each other to mark Bamford before the cross comes in. Unfortunately neither bother to do it, Absolutely shocking defending. Personally think it was Sanderson but it’s just plain laziness

It was Sanderson. He pointed at Aiwu to mark Bamford then went awol
16:08, Mon 1 Jan
Super Hans
I don’t see how Wagner doesn’t pull the trigger, he’s clearly a smart businessman. In any other business he’d have the new hire sacked.

How common is it in US sports to bin off the manager? Genuine question.