16:09, Mon 1 Jan
I don’t think the players are this bad, but they’ve got no confidence, both in themselves and the manager, which is why they’re looking like Sunday league players.
16:09, Mon 1 Jan
Unfortunately I have a feeling they will stick with Rooney and bring in about 4 players this January to help us stay up.
16:10, Mon 1 Jan
GBBlue
I backed Rooney because by and large I could see a plan that we were moving towards a desire to have more possession, pass more and play on the front foot. He is now petrified of attacking

Sorry but one of his remaining backers here says time is up

However these players are awful at the moment and I struggle to see who can coach them to any degree of success

Absolutely the same here. I've been a Rooney backer up until now but that was all based on the acceptance that changing the style was going to be difficult and would take time. If he's given up on that plan, I've given up on him.

I don't agree with the last sentence though - we've seen it plenty of times at Blues alone where a team looks embarrassingly bad and then a decent manager comes in and things turn around overnight.
16:11, Mon 1 Jan
JJ needs to stop losing the ball so close to our box
Another season of watching the results of the bottom 3. Its pointless watching our game atm as we all know what the result will be.
Not sure who those players might be but I couldn't see that working. Even very good business people make mistakes and this has been a real howler. I just worry that they may not yet be ready to admit it and that will extend the misery for a while yet.
Aiwu and burke atrocious from the start, burke has given the ball away three times already - how feck can rooney stand there and think burke has any right to be on that pitch
16:12, Mon 1 Jan
Times up for Rooney.
You can’t save this with your Man City money Cook, no Robinho or whoever will save a subpar managerial hire.
If you are proper blues then just admit you made a mistake, I Will honestly respect you for it.
this is just so sad to watch.
We are seriously in trouble.
Isn't part of the coach's role to induce errors in the opposition by setting up the team to apply pressure and force the most mistakes?
And isn't this made more straightforward if the opposition are a) not great and b) not confident and c) seemingly quite confused, and d) publicly announcing how they plan to play?
For Rags: when faith fails, hope then charity? We are fooked. Ironic isn't it, after the change of ownership lifted us all.

"when faith fails, hope then charity?"

I may be one of the few who hasn't called for Rooney to be sacked ... i feel sorry for him because he's obviously a long long way out of his depth.

I just hope he can see it and resigns before it gets embarrassing
Two great chances, and we're not clinical enough. Dembele and Bacuna must score those.
Should have been 2-1 there and a bit of hope.
2 clear cut chances

Would be well in this game if it wasnt for the dire defence
...yeah Bacuna should have done better there.
16:13, Mon 1 Jan
Bluenose27
I don’t think the players are this bad, but they’ve got no confidence, both in themselves and the manager, which is why they’re looking like Sunday league players.

The players are bad.
16:13, Mon 1 Jan
TrickyBlue
JJ needs to stop losing the ball so close to our box
He looks tired and lost. Not surprising really.