15:29, Mon 1 Jan
Rags
TaylorJay84
PRBlue
Well it’s not another park the bus set up. Decent start.

And tbf as much as I moaned about it the other night, today I understand it, if we go toe to toe with these we will get smashed.
Players also dare I say it look settled in this formation/pattern, so far.

I am confused. Is it park the bus or not?

No ..... it's okay ..... Eustace philosophy .... negate the opposition - let the forward thinking players try and create something - this way Stansfield, Dembele and even Bacuna have no real defensive duties (apart from the obvious)

No massive holes left anywhere

But I though that was the sort of negative football Rooney had been brought in to exercise?
Selfish
No awareness
Just play us in !!
Then Bacuna ......wild WTF goes on in their brain
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
*Exorcise
Bodies on the line stuff there! Well done Manny

Superb block from Longelo
Dembele really needs to work in his decision making. He is a shadow of the player from earlier this season
We actually look more fluid on the transition in this shape too or am I just clutching for positives 😂
15:30, Mon 1 Jan
I find he always cuts inside and runs into defenders
....it wasn't for kicking the ball away 😤
15:31, Mon 1 Jan
I like this 5 at the back. Looks more comfortable.

We can get the ball into the final third nicely and then we just lose it or do nothing. Not good enough.
Bluestaines
*Exorcise

Exercise or exorcise. That is the question.
I'd give Sunjic a new contract
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
15:32, Mon 1 Jan
Rags
TaylorJay84
PRBlue
Well it’s not another park the bus set up. Decent start.

And tbf as much as I moaned about it the other night, today I understand it, if we go toe to toe with these we will get smashed.
Players also dare I say it look settled in this formation/pattern, so far.

I am confused. Is it park the bus or not?

No ..... it's okay ..... Eustace philosophy .... negate the opposition - let the forward thinking players try and create something - this way Stansfield, Dembele and even Bacuna have no real defensive duties (apart from the obvious)

No massive holes left anywhere

But I though that was the sort of negative football Rooney had been brought in to exercise?

Well ... it is .... but i was never in favour of the "instructions" that our owners gave Rooney so i'm happy with it

Today's formation - with Leeds having chosen a VERY attacking line-up actually leaves Leeds quite vulnerable at the back on the transition if Stansfield, Dembele and Bacuna can link up

... but i prefer playing on the transition than progressively through the thirds (unless you have far superior players)
15:32, Mon 1 Jan
Jay doing some nice runs but we never find him.
15:33, Mon 1 Jan
Personally think this shape looks a lot better than the headless chicken shape we have been playing.
It’s just frustrating that our players seem unable to follow runners.
15:33, Mon 1 Jan
I REALLY HATE STROUD, UTTER FANNY