00:25, Tue 28 Nov
Mister Mutley
It’s happened accept it. Looking backwards achieves nothing in life.

It's the future that concerns me, not the past.
00:26, Tue 28 Nov
If he can just bat it away with 'if you've listened to Wayne, you'll understand why' then it wasn't the right question. Perhaps the 'right' question would be more along the lines of those mentioned in here to do with the poor timing and how that came about, or to do with Wayne's managerial pedigree (RE world class pros), or why they thought it was a good idea to make such a drastic change to the playing style at this point etc.

Think back to his comment about the Chairman wanting it all at once, wanting it now.

Now both E.ustace and Rooney probably think similarly. You want me to build a palace ? but you're only giving me plasticine to build it with ? John E probably hasn't got the personal status to be able to bat that away ... Rooney on the other hand has - and though he may not be as good a manager, given equal resources, as E.ustace he can probably live with things knowing his status will give him some leeway.

Those who are saying that E.ustace didn't want progressive football should read the reports of when Kidderminster were being billed as "the non-league Barcelona" - it's clearly what he would have strived for - but with these players who cost (the new ones) between £0.00 and £1.5 million ? at short notice ? after he'd been given a target of "position" as opposed to "style" ?

Rooney on the other hand has the benefit of time on his side, the CEO's personal friendship , a promise of cash at the end of the season and shoulders big enough to hold off the criticism for the time being.

On another point ... if Cook had been in charge of Arsenal he would NEVER have appointed Wenger. If Cook had been in charge of Southampton he would NEVER have appointed Potter. It's not the way he thinks.

Cook could never, for example, accept that you can get a better egg and chips down the local cafe than you get at a Michelin starred restaurant - however many times he may taste it - he just wouldn't accept it.
00:38, Tue 28 Nov
WR Blue
Mister Mutley
It’s happened accept it. Looking backwards achieves nothing in life.

It's the future that concerns me, not the past.

If you've walked away from or read/listened tonight and you are still concerned about the future then there is no hope for you.
Gazball?
00:45, Tue 28 Nov
As I said in the post just prior, it's the football side that concerns me. The beauty of football is that we can all enjoy seeing how different footballing strategies pan out. As a fan I hope it goes really well, but I have concerns about how for us it will go. The primary concern is around our ability to adopt this drastic change in style with the players we have/can get in the near future.

There's clearly some positivity around which is great. I'd be interested to hear the nuts and bolts of how others think that this change of style is going to be accomplished considering FFP, our current squad, our need to avoid relegation etc.
00:47, Tue 28 Nov
Like many I was not comfortable with the timing of the change I thought it to early. Bloke I go down with is still pissed off about it but I say to him it’s gone. The lingering concern is the goodwill lost with some supporters. That is what I was saying this is our chance the last thing we need is division. Most Blues are not optimists me included but now is a time for belief it may prove a false dawn but maybe just maybe it won’t be and our time has come.

In the short term somehow we need to find the right centre forward. A good one would make a world of difference to this team.
00:48, Tue 28 Nov
Why not just be a little more patient and see how it pans out over the next 6 months or so, minimum ?
Or perhaps you think posting lots of doubts and negative thoughts will change the club's direction, and thereby alter Rooney's chances of helping the club progress ?
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
00:51, Tue 28 Nov
You seem to miss the point at needing to supercharge our revenue income?

Eustace was fine and overtime, I think he would have improved the style of play and our league position. But these guys believe that closing the gap with revenue income, will give us a better chance of gaining promotion in the long term and Rooney delivers on that front.

I am sure they have probably analysed Rooney's team performances over a period of time, more than a couple of games, did he improve possession stats?

I looked at Burnley's opening results. They hired an inexperienced manager and completely changed the style of play which was in the DNA. Even after all the money they spent, it took them 5 games to get their first win in the championship and that was after a pre season.

The board want a better style of play, but that doesn't mean by trying to play that way, the team will play better instantly. But it also doesn't mean that struggling to adapt quickly against the inform teams in the league means that it won't work in the long term.

I get there these days, being against the grain is edgy and makes you feel cool, but it is incredibly tiresome to read this intense anti campaign 5 weeks in, when we are only 5 points away from the play offs. Maybe with a lovely crowd at Hull, we pick up 3 points and we're only 2. Instead, fans decid d it's more edgy to call the new manager a c**t on his home debut. Great way to build moment right?

We've even had posts about the amount of errms the manager made in an interview about us winning.

Why?

I for one, am happy to wait and see if the management team can make a constantly underperforming team better.

But you carry on with whatever point you're actually trying to make.
00:54, Tue 28 Nov
Having been a supporter for nearly 60 years I for one am very optimistic from what I have heard from Tom Wagner and Garry Cook. Finally we have genuine hope. Yes it’s going to take time and a lot of patience. Perhaps the biggest challenge for the owners is to change the mentality of the fans who have suffered year in year out. Americans do not settle for second best and embrace winners, something Brits feel inherently uncomfortable with.
WR may or may not be the answer but he and the team have to be fully supported from all quarters. As an ex-pat living on the other side of the pond now I only get to a few a games each season. I attended the Hull game with my 84 year old mother. The atmosphere was so toxic that she said she didn’t want to go to another game. If life long supporters feel like that how are we going to attract new fans (which we need) and investment into the club.
Forward and KRO!
01:04, Tue 28 Nov
That's fair enough, but my concern is different to the discussion about whether to adopt an attitude of belief or pessimism. It's about the nuts and bolts of how Wayne Rooney manages to achieve his goal of changing the playing style right now, bearing in mind A) the players he has to work with B) the restrictions regarding switching the players who can't do it for better ones C) what the disruption means for our position in the league and how that might affect everyone involved if things take a lot of time to turn around.

It seems like a very high risk strategy. The reasoning for taking this risk, according to Wayne in his post-match interviews recently - "The teams that get out of this league, bar Luton, have the ball. Football has changed, especially in the championship. The teams who play football are normally the ones who win games." But when you look at what has happened when he has tried to thrust this change of playing style upon the team, it has really highlighted how difficult it is going to be to make this change all of a sudden.

He claims that because of this difficulty, he is "focussing on out of possession and being a horrible team to play against" and "then improve gradually with the ball". But so far it seems to have made us great to play against and not that horrible at all. It's quite possible to be a team with high rates of possession without forcing your goalkeeper to play it out from the back, but like so many other teams, their managers are obsessed with forcing this because it's the 'in thing' right now - even when there are no noticable benefits and the keeper keeps having a meltdown and passing to the opposing striker.

I hope we can make this transition to the new style work but I am concerned. I would be interested to hear from those who are confident about it - how do they see this working with the players we have and the financial restrictions we have?
01:10, Tue 28 Nov
You seem to miss the point at needing to supercharge our revenue income?

Eustace was fine and overtime, I think he would have improved the style of play and our league position. But these guys believe that closing the gap with revenue income, will give us a better chance of gaining promotion in the long term and Rooney delivers on that front.

I am sure they have probably analysed Rooney's team performances over a period of time, more than a couple of games, did he improve possession stats?

I looked at Burnley's opening results. They hired an inexperienced manager and completely changed the style of play which was in the DNA. Even after all the money they spent, it took them 5 games to get their first win in the championship and that was after a pre season.

The board want a better style of play, but that doesn't mean by trying to play that way, the team will play better instantly. But it also doesn't mean that struggling to adapt quickly against the inform teams in the league means that it won't work in the long term.

I get there these days, being against the grain is edgy and makes you feel cool, but it is incredibly tiresome to read this intense anti campaign 5 weeks in, when we are only 5 points away from the play offs. Maybe with a lovely crowd at Hull, we pick up 3 points and we're only 2. Instead, fans decid d it's more edgy to call the new manager a c**t on his home debut. Great way to build moment right?

We've even had posts about the amount of errms the manager made in an interview about us winning.

Why?

I for one, am happy to wait and see if the management team can make a constantly underperforming team better.

But you carry on with whatever point you're actually trying to make.

Fine - but you're talking about others, not me.

I can remember the last time i booed a player properly - i was stood on The Kop and Damien Johnson was walking along the touchline back to the dressing room, in front of The Paddocks, and he took off his Blues shirt and threw it on the ground.
I haven't posted about Ronney's "erms" - i actually like him as a person (though his recent admission that he was a frequent drink/driver - caught once, wasn't good to hear - i lost a close friend at Sutton Carnival many decades ago to a drunk driver - hate them).

But you can just carry on misinterpreting what i'm saying if you want ... that's fine - there are plenty of you
01:20, Tue 28 Nov
Calblue
Americans do not settle for second best and embrace winners, something Brits feel inherently uncomfortable with.

Brits are less moved by words and instead judge people by their actions. If their defining quality is to not settle for second best, why on earth didn't they employ a manager with a pedigree and proven track record - or to quote them 'a world class professional' manager?
01:21, Tue 28 Nov
That's fair enough, but my concern is different to the discussion about whether to adopt an attitude of belief or pessimism. It's about the nuts and bolts of how Wayne Rooney manages to achieve his goal of changing the playing style right now, bearing in mind A) the players he has to work with B) the restrictions regarding switching the players who can't do it for better ones C) what the disruption means for our position in the league and how that might affect everyone involved if things take a lot of time to turn around.

It seems like a very high risk strategy. The reasoning for taking this risk, according to Wayne in his post-match interviews recently - "The teams that get out of this league, bar Luton, have the ball. Football has changed, especially in the championship. The teams who play football are normally the ones who win games." But when you look at what has happened when he has tried to thrust this change of playing style upon the team, it has really highlighted how difficult it is going to be to make this change all of a sudden.

He claims that because of this difficulty, he is "focussing on out of possession and being a horrible team to play against" and "then improve gradually with the ball". But so far it seems to have made us great to play against and not that horrible at all. It's quite possible to be a team with high rates of possession without forcing your goalkeeper to play it out from the back, but like so many other teams, their managers are obsessed with forcing this because it's the 'in thing' right now - even when there are no noticable benefits and the keeper keeps having a meltdown and passing to the opposing striker.

I hope we can make this transition to the new style work but I am concerned. I would be interested to hear from those who are confident about it - how do they see this working with the players we have and the financial restrictions we have?

Come on now ... " how do they see this working with the players we have and the financial restrictions we have?" ... you, me, and others haven't got a straight answer to that question for weeks now, so it's hardly likely to happen now. I thought our best play on Saturday came from transitions, especially when Ruddy threw the ball out quickly - and especially when it gave Dembele chance to get at his full back at speed, before the full back was set and ready - and not from the attemts at playing progressively where we looked slow, over deliberate and ponderous and when the opposition hten had time to set, adjust and combat what was very predictable. There was still too much space behind our full backs (not as much as before) and the gaps between Sanderson and Aiwu you could have driven the SW team bus through.

But you won't get an answer --- you'll get accused of thinking e.ustace was The Messiah, not backing Knighthead, being a Villa fan, being anti-Rooney, being a boo-boy, a mouth breather, a Luddite etc etc - but you won't get a reasoned answer - because there isn't a reasoned answer that i've heard.

That's why that gang on here will pounce and try and shut you down, because they have invessted so much into this that they have never stopped to think or consider things - but as Cook said tonight - it is right to question things when we don't think they are "world class". That's the only way the club can grow.

Cook doesn't want to be surrounded by "yes men" - but that doesn't register with most the posters on here

S
01:25, Tue 28 Nov
GPWM 👍
01:28, Tue 28 Nov
Not misinterpreting anything. You just used JE's stint as manager of Kidderminster and WR's supposed friendship as your main argument.

You have ignored that with limited resources WR has improved statistics like possession at both of his clubs. If it wasn't for a -21 point deduction, he would have finished above us that season as a 36 year old manager with Jagielka and Curtis Davis as his main defense and a team made up of kids. But that's irrelevant right?

Tonight the board have talked massively about improving revenue, so they have decided that not only can WR do that, but he is at least equally experienced in Championship management as JE.

Maybe that decision means we not only don't fail FFP, but we get money to spend and improve. Maybe they have a lucrative commercial deal which relied on promises of a higher profile manager? May e even Undeafted.

I for one, won't write Cook off for a manager appointment which is less than 2 months in, especially considering all the other improvements that have gone on so far.
Pearly Dewdrops
Tbf, I thought Mr Crosby and crude were close.

Very close.

As in 2 become 1 close..
👍😉