14:39, Tue 28 Nov
mr_crosby
Rab C Nesbitt
Oldham
You never know how many games we might all have left to watch and enjoy.
Another reason why I’m positive in the main and bothering to go tomorrow night after a full day at work and a 0555 start on Thursday.
Very few will relate to how I think after a health scare.
But you’ve nailed it there

Be interesting to see how many of those criticising the board are making the effort to go tomorrow
They’re all welcome to share my Bacardi B’s
Tony Fantastico
Your loyalty is limited to the point the club make one or two decisions you don’t agree with.

That’s quite unloyal really

They are entitled to make a mistake or two and should have everyone’s backing
15:31, Tue 28 Nov
Amy T
Rasputin
It's quite clearly not just in defence of a sacked manager. Why claim things like this that are so obviously untrue?

Except it kind of is? The users problems revolve entirely around the sacking of Eustace.

New owners bring in their own managers literally all the time. It isn’t new. To apparently stop properly supporting Blues because of it is madness.

Amy it is not in defence of a sacked Manager. As said previously Managers get the sack regularly.

It is the principle. I don't sack my staff if they are unable to complete a task, I support them for as long as possible.

When individuals perform badly eventually you part company agreed eg Karanka, Bowyer, Cotterill.

And that's it really. I'm not throwing my toys or booing, just switched off.
My Blue Heaven
Your loyalty is limited to the point the club make one or two decisions you don’t agree with.

I am not being disloyal in any shape or form, or one of those fans booing. I am switched off agreed and honest about it. But that doesn't mean I am off supporting somebody else.
Latchfordfrancishatton
Amy T
Rasputin
It's quite clearly not just in defence of a sacked manager. Why claim things like this that are so obviously untrue?

Except it kind of is? The users problems revolve entirely around the sacking of Eustace.

New owners bring in their own managers literally all the time. It isn’t new. To apparently stop properly supporting Blues because of it is madness.

Amy it is not in defence of a sacked Manager. As said previously Managers get the sack regularly.

It is the principle. I don't sack my staff if they are unable to complete a task, I support them for as long as possible.

When individuals perform badly eventually you part company agreed eg Karanka, Bowyer, Cotterill.

And that's it really. I'm not throwing my toys or booing, just switched off.
Football is a completely different scenario to normal jobs. You can’t apply the same logic
Tony Fantastico
15:47, Tue 28 Nov
Latchfordfrancishatton
My Blue Heaven

I am not being disloyal in any shape or form, or one of those fans booing. I am switched off agreed and honest about it. But that doesn't mean I am off supporting somebody else.

Are you supporting Blues though right now?

Edit:

Everyone’s loyalty comes at a price. There are red lines for us all that we won’t cross.

I found it very hard to support the club when Harry Redknapp was manager because I truly abhor him and what he has done to various clubs. If someone had called me disloyal then for not getting behind him they’d probably have been accurate.

I can accept that you are “switched off” even if I think the reasoning is strange. However, if you’re “switched off” means you ain’t supporting the club, your loyalty is being tested.
15:53, Tue 28 Nov
Latchfordfrancishatton
My Blue Heaven

Time to get switched on.

[twitter.com]

Up the fecking blues!
16:16, Tue 28 Nov
El Mayor
Latchfordfrancishatton
My Blue Heaven

Edit:

Everyone’s loyalty comes at a price. There are red lines for us all that we won’t cross.

I found it very hard to support the club when Harry Redknapp was manager because I truly abhor him and what he has done to various clubs. If someone had called me disloyal then for not getting behind him they’d probably have been accurate.

I can accept that you are “switched off” even if I think the reasoning is strange. However, if you’re “switched off” means you ain’t supporting the club, your loyalty is being tested.

Ok, loyalty is being tested in the same way as your Redknapp angst, but if disloyal then I would be going to support another club or booing at games. Neither of those apply and I am sure you didnt consider supporting another club when Rednapp was manager too.
16:55, Tue 28 Nov
Latchfordfrancishatton
El Mayor
Latchfordfrancishatton
My Blue Heaven

Edit:

Ok, loyalty is being tested in the same way as your Redknapp angst, but if disloyal then I would be going to support another club or booing at games. Neither of those apply and I am sure you didnt consider supporting another club when Rednapp was manager too.

👍

My hope is you’ll be able to come to some sort of compromise with yourself and you’ll switch back on. The last ten years have been dogshit; it might be a bit Americanised but this really could be the promised land. It’d be a shame to miss it.
17:27, Tue 28 Nov
For all the complaints, however justified, about the sacking of the last manager and the appointment of a new one and the way it was done, I can’t think of a time when the board and management of the club has made such effort to comprehensively set out where they want to take it and us. If that’s Americanised, then I welcome that, because the disrespect our loyal supporters have been treated with for decades is the exact opposite. Whether we achieve it is another matter but I think it’s great that the ambition is there. It rarely (frankly if ever) has been and I go back even further than 68 (sadly).
17:34, Tue 28 Nov
Americanism or not fully expect villa to do their version of an open house before too long.
17:48, Tue 28 Nov
I wonder what those fannys make of it all. You know they can't let us have anything nice, they'll have to try and muscle in.

tosspots.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
17:53, Tue 28 Nov
Football clubs are absolutely pathetic at engaging with their supporters. We might be a bit goggle/starry eyed about the event but it should be the norm in terms of fans being informed. I’m impressed at the level of input from senior people - I’m not sure if that will be the case or is necessary all the time but it’s a great effort from everyone.
18:46, Tue 28 Nov
Supporters can now rewatch the streamed sections of last night's Blues Open House

[twitter.com]

Hmmm it says 'the streamed sections' but I can only find the Q & A (already saw that last night). Does anyone know how/where to find the first part?
19:03, Tue 28 Nov
Hagley Blue
I'm glad Tom Wagner called out the Blues fans from the Hull game. Needed doing.

Not sure about that. Criticising your customers? He should be bigger than that. I do get tired of anybody blaming Blues fans for things.