13:39, Tue 28 Nov
Just sounds to me like a very poor excuse not to support your team all the excuses are quickly disappearing under these brilliant new owners but if you really dont want go you will always find an excuse .
13:50, Tue 28 Nov
TinaTractor
WR Blue
TinaTractor
I was more making a lighthearted point that the thread descended into long arguments that were mainly about who said what and what one another believed - rather than offering anything constructive or positive. Which in turn, made it very difficult for anybody who wanted to comment on what was being said at the Open House.

Ironic that an event designed to bring everybody 'Together' and share the collective vision seemed to just create a thread dominated by 'you think X', 'no I don't I think Y but...'. Which I just found to be a bit of a nause. But I suppose that's just a reflection of where we are as a fanbase presently.

Thanks for replying/explaining. It's just that emotions have been running high recently and some toxicity has come to the surface as well as a tendency to resort to name-calling on here. It's my belief that we can overcome our differences more easily if we discuss our differing viewpoints (even if we somewhat attack those viewpoints), rathering than attacking the person who makes them. The club has asked us to unite behind them so I'm going to try to jump onboard with that by not posting any more criticisms of what has happened regarding the managers and I'm also trying to do it here by suggesting an alternative approach from others posting here.

I agree re: the toxicity which again is why I don't think there was any meaningful discussion on here last night. I am a realist and understand that last night's event isn't going to change most people's views - you just have to see some of the replies on Twitter, people mentioning 'how many erms?' etc. I posted on here a few games back saying that realistically it's too early to judge the success of the decision to change managers and also the decision to appoint Rooney. I still believe that.

I also think that had we had the level of insight and explanation that last night presented in terms of the decision, it would have made more sense to more people - or at least bought more time for the plan to take shape.

As for last night, I don't know how anybody who supports Blues would be able to not be excited about what was shown to us and look to the future with eager anticipation. The off the field stuff is a massive instant uplift, on the field is a slower process and people should be patient. We went 5 games without a win this season under the previous manager and last season went 5 games without a win three times, including losing 5 on the bounce, had a period of just 3 wins in 16 games and finished the season with 1 win in 7.

To that end I think the approach you mention adopting does require an element of pragmatism and balance - but not sure everybody is able to do that.

Good Post Tina.

I fully agree that the stats of the former manager when looked at closely are not all that great. Given we were everyone and his dog's favourites to go down last season staying up and doing so with a few games in hand propelled him into a more favourable light than I think he deserved. Credit to him for keeping us up but let's not have any illusions about how good we were under him or that he was ever going to sustain a top six place.

The new owners are changing the club at all levels and setting the groundwork for us to be a successful, professional and well run club. They have not been able to do much with the playing staff yet because of P&S rules and the transfer market being closed but that won't last forever. I fully expect them to start a major overhaul of the players in the summer when several high earners are out of contract and we start another three year cycle of P&S. I am not expecting much in January but we will see what can be done.

I hope supporters can see the bigger picture and show patience and balance in making judgments about what the owners are trying to do. As I have posted elsewhere there really is no need to get hot under the collar about Wayne Rooney if people really dislike him that much. Either he will succeed and move on to bigger things in time or fail and be replaced. These owners are serious and ambitious people. They won't need the supporters telling them it is not working if after a fair chance (which in my book would be two transfer windows minimum) short of a Zola like collapse which I very much doubt will happen. I would point out that Wayne Rooney is also very ambitious and from his comments thus far will not be afraid to call it as he sees it and will have no problem binning players not up to the required standard.

Frankly, I am still in a state of disbelief. This sort of thing does not happen to Blues. We now have owners who will fix it if it is not working and we can get on with the business of supporting the team on the pitch.
13:51, Tue 28 Nov
Your principles over the future of the club is your choice.

And your loss.
13:56, Tue 28 Nov
Oldham
Your principles are cutting your nose off to spite your face. And what you describe as the 'American way' is just how business is done. Especially in football.

You never know how many games we might all have left to watch and enjoy, Being a supporter since 1968, and turning away now seems beyond illogical. Sometimes it's best to accept imperfections - it may not be perfect, it may all go wrong, but is infinitely better than we have had before.

Imagine sitting through all that shit since 1968 and then giving up when we're about to become brilliant. Madness.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
13:59, Tue 28 Nov
Nikola Zigic
Oldham
Your principles are cutting your nose off to spite your face. And what you describe as the 'American way' is just how business is done. Especially in football.

You never know how many games we might all have left to watch and enjoy, Being a supporter since 1968, and turning away now seems beyond illogical. Sometimes it's best to accept imperfections - it may not be perfect, it may all go wrong, but is infinitely better than we have had before.

Imagine sitting through all that shit since 1968 and then giving up when we're about to become brilliant. Madness.

All in defence of a sacked manager, which happens 17495692716 times a season anyway.

Mad.
14:02, Tue 28 Nov
In fairness he did tap the badge
14:06, Tue 28 Nov
It's quite clearly not just in defence of a sacked manager. Why claim things like this that are so obviously untrue?
The cold never bothered me anyway
14:16, Tue 28 Nov
Rasputin
It's quite clearly not just in defence of a sacked manager. Why claim things like this that are so obviously untrue?

Except it kind of is? The users problems revolve entirely around the sacking of Eustace.

New owners bring in their own managers literally all the time. It isn’t new. To apparently stop properly supporting Blues because of it is madness.
14:16, Tue 28 Nov
Feck sake Thongs the forced edit 😂😂
14:18, Tue 28 Nov
Oldham
You never know how many games we might all have left to watch and enjoy.
Another reason why I’m positive in the main and bothering to go tomorrow night after a full day at work and a 0555 start on Thursday.
Very few will relate to how I think after a health scare.
But you’ve nailed it there
Tony Fantastico
14:19, Tue 28 Nov
It helps with the healing process for some
14:19, Tue 28 Nov
Amy T
Rasputin

Except it kind of is? The users problems revolve entirely around the sacking of Eustace.

New owners bring in their own managers literally all the time. It isn’t new. To apparently stop properly supporting Blues because of it is madness.

There's no 'kind of'.

It unequivocally is. It's about how and why E.ustace was sacked.
14:34, Tue 28 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Oldham
Another reason why I’m positive in the main and bothering to go tomorrow night after a full day at work and a 0555 start on Thursday.

Be interesting to see how many of those criticising the board are making the effort to go tomorrow
14:34, Tue 28 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Oldham

I do have a slight problem with the 'enjoy' bit. 😂
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
14:37, Tue 28 Nov
Pedant!
Tony Fantastico