The Devlin Disguise
David Xavis
Sounds like last night was fantastic in terms of not only PR, but hopefully repairing some of the fractures within the fanbase. Hopefully now, with the win the weekend, the positivity and excitement about last night and a few more results in the next few weeks and we can get everyone together, the stadium full again and really start to push on.

Exactly that. I'm struggling to understand why people are surprised that things are a bit flat when a new manager who most people didn't think we needed in the first place comes in and gets 1 point out of 15. It was always the risk, and surely they priced this in to their decision (though the bits people have been saying from last night sound like they've been oddly caught by surprise by the reaction). If we start playing better - Ipswich for 60 mins, a fair bit of the second half on Saturday - all but the most negative will be on board.

I have despaired the last few seasons and thought we were going to be relegated this season until Knighthead took over. However I was looking for our new owners to act with loyalty and integrity. So whilst I have stayed mostly quiet now re Rooney, I am also switched off.
👍
Tony Fantastico
Dan
11:53, Tue 28 Nov
Latchfordfrancishatton
The Devlin Disguise
David Xavis
Sounds like last night was fantastic in terms of not only PR, but hopefully repairing some of the fractures within the fanbase. Hopefully now, with the win the weekend, the positivity and excitement about last night and a few more results in the next few weeks and we can get everyone together, the stadium full again and really start to push on.

Exactly that. I'm struggling to understand why people are surprised that things are a bit flat when a new manager who most people didn't think we needed in the first place comes in and gets 1 point out of 15. It was always the risk, and surely they priced this in to their decision (though the bits people have been saying from last night sound like they've been oddly caught by surprise by the reaction). If we start playing better - Ipswich for 60 mins, a fair bit of the second half on Saturday - all but the most negative will be on board.

I have despaired the last few seasons and thought we were going to be relegated this season until Knighthead took over. However I was looking for our new owners to act with loyalty and integrity. So whilst I have stayed mostly quiet now re Rooney, I am also switched off.

They have no reason to be loyal to villa John, he was not their man. They have invested heavily into our club and intend to carry that on, so are well within their right to bring in a manager that they feel is the right choice. Doing that is not acting without loyalty or integrity.
12:06, Tue 28 Nov
Dan
Dan
Latchfordfrancishatton
The Devlin Disguise
David Xavis

They have no reason to be loyal to villa John, he was not their man. They have invested heavily into our club and intend to carry that on, so are well within their right to bring in a manager that they feel is the right choice. Doing that is not acting without loyalty or integrity.

Sorry but I completely disagree with your point but have no wish to get into an ongoing debate. I was looking forward to travelling to a few games but their actions on Rooney have led me to say "no thank you". If Villa John (your words) had been given until the end of the season and failed then I understand the reasoning. However I am probably among the 33% who have not bought in, but not one of the booing crowd.
12:09, Tue 28 Nov
Final word on this from me, I find it bizarre that you are focusing on the sacking of Eustace at the expense of the massive investment in infrastructure, community and fan engagement and their ambitious plans for the club and city. It's incredibly myopic.

It's not just you in fairness there are a lot of others. It's a peculiar phenomenon.
12:10, Tue 28 Nov
Le Mod

Though I was surprised when I mentioned the TV deal increasing and he didn't know anything about it. I guess he's given the budget and perhaps they don't bother telling him the details of how they got there.

Do you realise you've just signed us a new multi million pound striker with this news?
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
12:15, Tue 28 Nov
BluSabre
Final word on this from me, I find it bizarre that you are focusing on the sacking of Eustace at the expense of the massive investment in infrastructure, community and fan engagement and their ambitious plans for the club and city. It's incredibly myopic.

It's not just you in fairness there are a lot of others. It's a peculiar phenomenon.

As I said before, Its called loyalty and integrity. It might be the American way of doing business to get their man but in my work and in my life it is not something I would wish to be part of. Often I turn down corporate higher paid jobs so that I can remain independent and it is exactly the same principle.
12:31, Tue 28 Nov
Latchfordfrancishatton
BluSabre

As I said before, Its called loyalty and integrity. It might be the American way of doing business to get their man but in my work and in my life it is not something I would wish to be part of. Often I turn down corporate higher paid jobs so that I can remain independent and it is exactly the same principle.

They have ploughed millions into the infrastructure of Blues and saved us from oblivion. That's not even hyperbolic. Now all they're asking for is your support - the club you actually support - to get us all moving in the right direction again. For the first time in well over a decade we actually have a potentially good future.

And you want to miss out because they sacked a manager, which happens 100 times a season across the football league, and is the end of every single managerial appointment for any football club manager ever until they retire.

Shall we talk about loyalty again?
12:44, Tue 28 Nov
I've glanced at the info given in this thread and viewed the stuff on twitter.

Thanks to the attendees for sharing, it's looking really promising.

We are only six points off the play-offs btw ;)
12:50, Tue 28 Nov
And only ten points off third
13:01, Tue 28 Nov
Oldham
Latchfordfrancishatton
BluSabre

They have ploughed millions into the infrastructure of Blues and saved us from oblivion. That's not even hyperbolic. Now all they're asking for is your support - the club you actually support - to get us all moving in the right direction again. For the first time in well over a decade we actually have a potentially good future.

And you want to miss out because they sacked a manager, which happens 100 times a season across the football league, and is the end of every single managerial appointment for any football club manager ever until they retire.

You make a good point and I don't disagree with it about ploughing funds back into the club (they will want a return on this eventually).

If you read again you will see that I don't buy into the American methods of getting their man etc or indeed corporate decision making. Not too interested in The Premiership for similar reasons.

I don't want the Chinese back either but I am still switched off. I think it was a poor decision that lacked loyalty and integrity and that's where I am coming from (despite all the investment and openness).

Ps my loyalty stretches back to first game pre season vs Hibs 1968 so none of this rubbish about being a Viler etc.
13:12, Tue 28 Nov
Latchfordfrancishatton
Oldham
Latchfordfrancishatton
BluSabre

You make a good point and I don't disagree with it about ploughing funds back into the club (they will want a return on this eventually).

If you read again you will see that I don't buy into the American methods of getting their man etc or indeed corporate decision making. Not too interested in The Premiership for similar reasons.

I don't want the Chinese back either but I am still switched off. I think it was a poor decision that lacked loyalty and integrity and that's where I am coming from (despite all the investment and openness).

Ps my loyalty stretches back to first game pre season vs Hibs 1968 so none of this rubbish about being a Viler etc.

If you can’t be at all excited about the future despite all of the exciting stuff we have been shown, cos of one decision over a football manager… well, damn.
13:17, Tue 28 Nov
El Mayor
Latchfordfrancishatton
Oldham
Latchfordfrancishatton
BluSabre

If you can’t be at all excited about the future despite all of the exciting stuff we have been shown, cos of one decision over a football manager… well, damn.

Yes I agree it may sound illogical but at least I am sticking to my principles.
13:19, Tue 28 Nov
WR Blue
TinaTractor
Is it safe to comment on this thread now without the maniacal ramblings of last night?!

I don't see how these type of comments are going to contribute to maintaining positivity. If you have an issue with what somebody else has said, then by all means quote them and present a logical counter-argument to their points. That way we have a discussion.

Launching vague personal attacks against unidentified people who have commented within a thread is simply ramping up the toxicity level which so many are complaining about. What positive contribution do you have to offer? Let's hear it please.

If you feel the need to label somebody's comment as maniacal rambling then have the decency to point out who/what you are referring to and perhaps offer something of your own which you feel raises the bar.

I was more making a lighthearted point that the thread descended into long arguments that were mainly about who said what and what one another believed - rather than offering anything constructive or positive. Which in turn, made it very difficult for anybody who wanted to comment on what was being said at the Open House.

Ironic that an event designed to bring everybody 'Together' and share the collective vision seemed to just create a thread dominated by 'you think X', 'no I don't I think Y but...'. Which I just found to be a bit of a nause. But I suppose that's just a reflection of where we are as a fanbase presently.

I’m with you Mrs Tractor. Fecking messag board has been taken over by the chronically verbose. Some really good interesting thoughts on the thread but like panning for gold finding the bastards.
13:37, Tue 28 Nov
Your principles are cutting your nose off to spite your face. And what you describe as the 'American way' is just how business is done. Especially in football.

You never know how many games we might all have left to watch and enjoy, Being a supporter since 1968, and turning away now seems beyond illogical. Sometimes it's best to accept imperfections - it may not be perfect, it may all go wrong, but is infinitely better than we have had before.