07:41, Tue 28 Nov
Yeah, comes to something when you need to go to twitter to get any information or reasonable conversation about what was a big night for our clubs fans.
07:50, Tue 28 Nov

The American way
You seem to miss the point at needing to supercharge our revenue income?

Eustace was fine and overtime, I think he would have improved the style of play and our league position. But these guys believe that closing the gap with revenue income, will give us a better chance of gaining promotion in the long term and Rooney delivers on that front.

I am sure they have probably analysed Rooney's team performances over a period of time, more than a couple of games, did he improve possession stats?

I looked at Burnley's opening results. They hired an inexperienced manager and completely changed the style of play which was in the DNA. Even after all the money they spent, it took them 5 games to get their first win in the championship and that was after a pre season.

The board want a better style of play, but that doesn't mean by trying to play that way, the team will play better instantly. But it also doesn't mean that struggling to adapt quickly against the inform teams in the league means that it won't work in the long term.

I get there these days, being against the grain is edgy and makes you feel cool, but it is incredibly tiresome to read this intense anti campaign 5 weeks in, when we are only 5 points away from the play offs. Maybe with a lovely crowd at Hull, we pick up 3 points and we're only 2. Instead, fans decid d it's more edgy to call the new manager a c**t on his home debut. Great way to build moment right?

We've even had posts about the amount of errms the manager made in an interview about us winning.

Why?

I for one, am happy to wait and see if the management team can make a constantly underperforming team better.

But you carry on with whatever point you're actually trying to make.

Some good points there, no need for the bitter edge, but ya can’t have everything
07:54, Tue 28 Nov
Just noticed this on Twitter

[x.com]

Forget the return of the classic Adidas 78 top. Nike want the deal again, they think we are on the rise.
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates -

17 Feb - Theatre Severn, Shrewsbury
2 Mar - Taachi Morris Arts Centre, Taunton
30 Mar - Prince Of Wales Theatre, Cannock
20 Apr - Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton on Trent
7 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
8 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
07:56, Tue 28 Nov
Whether you believe that what is being aimed for is realistic and achievable, or are sceptical about it (‘it’s just corporate schmooze’) - or have a view somewhere in between - the difference what we had before and now can be measured in light years. I’d have thought that at the very least is to be appreciated.

Apparently though spending £12m of desperately needed investment in a short time is of little consequence. I don’t think it is and there is a pretty clear plan here for the first time in a long time.
07:56, Tue 28 Nov
GPWM 👍

BPBM 🥱
07:57, Tue 28 Nov
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
It’s a brilliant summary and thanks - the thread had descended into indecipherable arguments. On a tangent, not sure if it’s just me but I am so happy that Daishy is involved with the club. Love that bloke.

Still wouldn’t want to mess with him.
07:58, Tue 28 Nov
thats good to hear. I can't believe with the backroom staff he can't make decent go of it but who knows.
08:05, Tue 28 Nov
El Mayor
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
It’s a brilliant summary and thanks - the thread had descended into indecipherable arguments. On a tangent, not sure if it’s just me but I am so happy that Daishy is involved with the club. Love that bloke.

Still wouldn’t want to mess with him.

He was a very good player. Could have played at a higher level throughout his career. Still cuts an authoritative figure.
08:12, Tue 28 Nov
ThekombiChronicles
Burnley tried something similar to what we are trying.

Move away from Dyche ball, hire an inexperienced manager to play a different style of play. They had the benefit of parachute money but they failed to win their first four games.

The thinking is... WR will bring in more money. More money means we can buy better players. In the meantime, him and his team of young and well thought of coaches will try and improve the players we have.

We're not trying to teach them a new sport. The defense get less protection in order to have more attacking threat. Wanting to play a more attacking way, doesn't mean you will automatically win games. But they believe that this season is safe and want to allow enough time to see what players can adapt. The ones who can't will be upgraded next summer with the extra money brought in and the money we save when contracts run out.

Explain to me how you would improve a style of play if you spend the next year playing to mediocre players strengths only?

Thanks for your thoughtful and well-explained replies - I know they were to Rags but I think you were also addressing my query about putting some reasoning behind why people feel positive. You make some very good points which help me to understand the thinking behind this plan a little better. I would slightly query the 'this season is safe' comment, but I'm sure that others on here would suggest that there are at least three teams in this league worse than we are. I really hope that that's the case.

Thanks again for explaining, I'll give the negativity a rest because I can understand why our fans on here just want to enjoy the positivity the club are injecting - we've been starved of it for a very long time.
08:15, Tue 28 Nov
" Thanks for your replies - I know they were to Rags but I think you were also addressing my query about putting some reasoning behind why people feel positive. You make some very good points which help me to understand the thinking behind this plan a little better. I would slightly query the 'this season is safe' comment, but I'm sure that others on here would suggest that there are at least three teams in this league worse than we are. I really hope that that's the case.

Thanks again for explaining, I'll give the negativity a rest because I can understand why our fans on here just want to enjoy the positivity the club are injecting - we've been starved of it for a very long time. "

Fair play !
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
08:18, Tue 28 Nov
Feeling left out?
08:21, Tue 28 Nov
Are you writing a blog with your post-biscuit thoughts, Dan? Would be much appreciated I'm sure.
08:22, Tue 28 Nov
Peakyblue
Are you writing a blog with your post-biscuit thoughts, Dan? Would be much appreciated I'm sure.

One today, more after.
08:23, Tue 28 Nov
Bluesince62
We have to give it more time for starters. This is a long haul job.
You've half answered the question yourself...FFP means we can't just do a vile or dingles and cheat the system (those loopholes are gone) and buy an all singing, dancing, Brazil lite squad in one window.

We've got dead wood to replace and income to raise, I think you are looking at 2 windows minimum before it'll start taking shape.

We're 6 games in, I hope the patience message gets across to a few more because it's needed. The future looks great, if people can look a bit further than 6 games.

Clapton
I haven’t heard much of what was discussed but someone I know who was present said Rooney, really impressed him with his footballing knowledge.

This is from someone that wasn’t a fan of Rooney, whatsoever. He was strongly behind JE.

If Rooney, is able to turn him around he can turn the other doubters too.

El Mayor
It was really good. He’s a different animal off camera and not on the spot. No erms, no hesitation; his stuff made sense although the fact we beat Wednesday at the weekend probably helped.

I suspect some wouldn’t accept it regardless but I’m a believer now.

newblue
Whether you believe that what is being aimed for is realistic and achievable, or are sceptical about it (‘it’s just corporate schmooze’) - or have a view somewhere in between - the difference what we had before and now can be measured in light years. I’d have thought that at the very least is to be appreciated.

Apparently though spending £12m of desperately needed investment in a short time is of little consequence. I don’t think it is and there is a pretty clear plan here for the first time in a long time.

All good points and certainly help this doubter to try and be quiet and patient for a while. I saw Cook's Q & A but didn't get to see the earlier stuff because the notification didn't arrive. I tuned in just as they announced the stadium tour. Hopefully they put the earlier recording up so we can see what was said by Wagner/Rooney etc.