10:51, Tue 28 Nov
TinaTractor
Is it safe to comment on this thread now without the maniacal ramblings of last night?!

Rags is at work, but I agree with WR Blue.....have some input yourself.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
10:52, Tue 28 Nov
Bluesince62
WR Blue
Bluesince62
We have to give it more time for starters. This is a long haul job.
You've half answered the question yourself...FFP means we can't just do a vile or dingles and cheat the system (those loopholes are gone) and buy an all singing, dancing, Brazil lite squad in one window.

We've got dead wood to replace and income to raise, I think you are looking at 2 windows minimum before it'll start taking shape.

We're 6 games in, I hope the patience message gets across to a few more because it's needed. The future looks great, if people can look a bit further than 6 games.

Clapton
I haven’t heard much of what was discussed but someone I know who was present said Rooney, really impressed him with his footballing knowledge.

This is from someone that wasn’t a fan of Rooney, whatsoever. He was strongly behind JE.

If Rooney, is able to turn him around he can turn the other doubters too.

El Mayor
It was really good. He’s a different animal off camera and not on the spot. No erms, no hesitation; his stuff made sense although the fact we beat Wednesday at the weekend probably helped.

I suspect some wouldn’t accept it regardless but I’m a believer now.

newblue
Whether you believe that what is being aimed for is realistic and achievable, or are sceptical about it (‘it’s just corporate schmooze’) - or have a view somewhere in between - the difference what we had before and now can be measured in light years. I’d have thought that at the very least is to be appreciated.

Apparently though spending £12m of desperately needed investment in a short time is of little consequence. I don’t think it is and there is a pretty clear plan here for the first time in a long time.

All good points and certainly help this doubter to try and be quiet and patient for a while. I saw Cook's Q & A but didn't get to see the earlier stuff because the notification didn't arrive. I tuned in just as they announced the stadium tour. Hopefully they put the earlier recording up so we can see what was said by Wagner/Rooney etc.

WR fair play to you mate. There is a bit of faith involved, but I really believe under the owners we have now we are back on the up.
Doesn't mean you have to agree with everything they do (I certainly didn't agree with the WR appointment at the time) and if course there will be blips along the way.
We have gone from zero hope for years, to having real hope and seeing big changes for the better in a few short months.

All aboard!

WR also referenced the 'no fear' statement in our session which he descrivbed as unfotunate timing and we will get to no fear but that takes time. He even allowed a little giggle and a smirk as if to say 'i get where you are coming from but i need time to get to no fear'. As others have said he was a different bloke to the one we have seen so far. Relaxed, funny calm, no beard and no cap strangely symbolic of i am going to open up and be me. Refreshing to see. If they could bottle up his session and do a 2 minute video for the fans it would be illuninating and calm for the doubters
11:00, Tue 28 Nov
Rasputin
Super Hans
Rooney needs next summer where we’re free from the financial shackles to sign players for the system and also to have a full pre season with him..

I appreciate we're going to lose several of the higher earners, but I'm not convinced this will mean the purse strings are flung open.

You have to remember the new efl TV deal comes into effect next season (sure its worth 8m more for us per season), we drop off 21/22 off our FFP cycle, which I'm sure was around a 20m loss, so going by all of this has technically meant the most Blues could 'lose' was 19m across 22/23 and 23/24 (the current cycle).
Assuming Blues have stuck to this (Wagner and Co aren't going to stick 2 fingers up to the efl are they?), we should have a fair bit of headroom in FFP this summer, without factoring in Jude's sell on clause, a few big earners off the wage bill and revenue has surely been increased a fair bit this season too.

Going by all of this, I'd imagine Rooney's remit for the remainder of the season is to evolve the playing style with what we have, ensure we aren't relegated and in the summer he will be given access to a very healthy budget to get the players in he believes will be needed to turn us into promotion contenders playing the style the owners want to see us play.
11:01, Tue 28 Nov
I love the idea of a holistic playing style that includes the academy and women's team. Bit like what Wolves managed to achieve under Nuno.
11:05, Tue 28 Nov
I had a chat with Gardner about P&S and he intimated that there was a lot more room next summer

Though I was surprised when I mentioned the TV deal increasing and he didn't know anything about it. I guess he's given the budget and perhaps they don't bother telling him the details of how they got there.
Happy Clapper
11:05, Tue 28 Nov
Le Mod
Though I was surprised when I mentioned the TV deal increasing and he didn't know anything about it. I guess he's given the budget and perhaps they don't bother telling him the details of how they got there.

glad to see Craig hasnt changed
11:07, Tue 28 Nov
WR Blue
TinaTractor
Is it safe to comment on this thread now without the maniacal ramblings of last night?!

I don't see how these type of comments are going to contribute to maintaining positivity. If you have an issue with what somebody else has said, then by all means quote them and present a logical counter-argument to their points. That way we have a discussion.

Launching vague personal attacks against unidentified people who have commented within a thread is simply ramping up the toxicity level which so many are complaining about. What positive contribution do you have to offer? Let's hear it please.

If you feel the need to label somebody's comment as maniacal rambling then have the decency to point out who/what you are referring to and perhaps offer something of your own which you feel raises the bar.

I was more making a lighthearted point that the thread descended into long arguments that were mainly about who said what and what one another believed - rather than offering anything constructive or positive. Which in turn, made it very difficult for anybody who wanted to comment on what was being said at the Open House.

Ironic that an event designed to bring everybody 'Together' and share the collective vision seemed to just create a thread dominated by 'you think X', 'no I don't I think Y but...'. Which I just found to be a bit of a nause. But I suppose that's just a reflection of where we are as a fanbase presently.
11:09, Tue 28 Nov
Fair enough.

I'm not a fan of writing off the season (heaven knows we've done enough of that in recent years!), but if the future finances are planned well and allow it, they've got almost seven months to research and plan for the players they want to go forward with. Still seems a bit daft to have brought in so many players in the summer that appear unable to play the new system though.
The cold never bothered me anyway
11:10, Tue 28 Nov
I wouldn’t be surprised if we sold another player like we did with Chong too to generate more cash that can be spent strengthening multiple positions.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
11:12, Tue 28 Nov
Yeah that's how i saw it. Some people's egos do appear to be bigger than the club they purport to follow.
11:19, Tue 28 Nov
TinaTractor
I was more making a lighthearted point that the thread descended into long arguments that were mainly about who said what and what one another believed - rather than offering anything constructive or positive. Which in turn, made it very difficult for anybody who wanted to comment on what was being said at the Open House.

Ironic that an event designed to bring everybody 'Together' and share the collective vision seemed to just create a thread dominated by 'you think X', 'no I don't I think Y but...'. Which I just found to be a bit of a nause. But I suppose that's just a reflection of where we are as a fanbase presently.

Thanks for replying/explaining. It's just that emotions have been running high recently and some toxicity has come to the surface as well as a tendency to resort to name-calling on here. It's my belief that we can overcome our differences more easily if we discuss our differing viewpoints (even if we somewhat attack those viewpoints), rathering than attacking the person who makes them. The club has asked us to unite behind them so I'm going to try to jump onboard with that by not posting any more criticisms of what has happened regarding the managers and I'm also trying to do it here by suggesting an alternative approach from others posting here.
11:20, Tue 28 Nov
Rasputin
Fair enough.

I'm not a fan of writing off the season (heaven knows we've done enough of that in recent years!), but if the future finances are planned well and allow it, they've got almost seven months to research and plan for the players they want to go forward with.

Yeah I do agree about not writing the season off to, as I honestly think the play offs is achievable for pretty much anyone down to Cov in 19th as things stand.

But I do think the championship is going to be weaker next season, I know the relegated teams get parachute payments, but realistically at least 2 of the promoted sides are likely to go down this season and you'd imagine at least 2 of the relegated sides are going back up this season and the sides coming down won't be as equipped as the current relegated sides imo
11:21, Tue 28 Nov
Super Hans
I wouldn’t be surprised if we sold another player like we did with Chong too to generate more cash that can be spent strengthening multiple positions.

Absolutely and given Blues are in a better financial position, we know we can sell at more premium prices than years gone by too
11:25, Tue 28 Nov
luton staying up would be helpful too assuming thats where most of the add-ons are
11:42, Tue 28 Nov
WR Blue
TinaTractor

Thanks for replying/explaining. It's just that emotions have been running high recently and some toxicity has come to the surface as well as a tendency to resort to name-calling on here. It's my belief that we can overcome our differences more easily if we discuss our differing viewpoints (even if we somewhat attack those viewpoints), rathering than attacking the person who makes them. The club has asked us to unite behind them so I'm going to try to jump onboard with that by not posting any more criticisms of what has happened regarding the managers and I'm also trying to do it here by suggesting an alternative approach from others posting here.

I agree re: the toxicity which again is why I don't think there was any meaningful discussion on here last night. I am a realist and understand that last night's event isn't going to change most people's views - you just have to see some of the replies on Twitter, people mentioning 'how many erms?' etc. I posted on here a few games back saying that realistically it's too early to judge the success of the decision to change managers and also the decision to appoint Rooney. I still believe that.

I also think that had we had the level of insight and explanation that last night presented in terms of the decision, it would have made more sense to more people - or at least bought more time for the plan to take shape.

As for last night, I don't know how anybody who supports Blues would be able to not be excited about what was shown to us and look to the future with eager anticipation. The off the field stuff is a massive instant uplift, on the field is a slower process and people should be patient. We went 5 games without a win this season under the previous manager and last season went 5 games without a win three times, including losing 5 on the bounce, had a period of just 3 wins in 16 games and finished the season with 1 win in 7.

To that end I think the approach you mention adopting does require an element of pragmatism and balance - but not sure everybody is able to do that.