09:18, Tue 28 Nov
Tilton Rifle
That 30% can't look ahead. They need immediate proof. So win the next two games and they're on side. I'm interested in what the missing 10% think.

The current ownership is light years ahead of anything we've had before. Time for everyone to get onboard.

I think the missing 10% is a bit of a red herring; I think it’s obvious Cook means a third x, a third y and a third z.
09:20, Tue 28 Nov
Yeah that was a joke
09:31, Tue 28 Nov
Tilton Rifle
Yeah that was a joke

Sorry I’ve had minimal sleep in three days, my head is like cotton wool right now.
09:31, Tue 28 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Tilton Rifle
That 30% can't look ahead. They need immediate proof. So win the next two games and they're on side. I'm interested in what the missing 10% think.

The current ownership is light years ahead of anything we've had before. Time for everyone to get onboard.
Your last line is key 👍

I've said all along that probably the last place we'll see improvement is on the pitch.

I think we'll have enough to steer clear of trouble, and it's going to take a long time to notice the improvements.

If ever there was a time for people to be patient, it's now.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
09:34, Tue 28 Nov
Super Hans
You can’t compare the two after 11 games, you have to give WR this season and all of next summer.

But the purpose of appointing him wasn't an experimental, empirical exercise in working out which is the better manager, it was to take us forward. Depending on how well or badly it goes, we might be making a judgement by January/February - and I mean that in either direction, as we could be in around the bottom 3 (people keep talking as if this season's safe, when it obviously isn't yet) or it could click and get a string of results and sit maybe as high as fifth. Probably we bimble along somewhere in the middle of those with a few good performances and some stinkers and the jury will still be out, but you never know.
09:36, Tue 28 Nov
Rooney needs next summer where we’re free from the financial shackles to sign players for the system and also to have a full pre season with him.

If we’re not seeing progress on the pitch by the start of next season then it’s going to be worrying.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
09:38, Tue 28 Nov
Not the best quality picture but this was one of the slides Cook showed last night

Linked Image
09:44, Tue 28 Nov
Super Hans
You can’t compare the two after 11 games, you have to give WR this season and all of next summer.

But the purpose of appointing him wasn't an experimental, empirical exercise in working out which is the better manager, it was to take us forward.

I don't remember them saying obvious on-field progress was going to happen immediately?

They obviously see an eventual higher ceiling with WR than they did with JE
09:49, Tue 28 Nov
Like GC said you can’t take everyone along with you. 30% will just not believe. I find that incredible after the last decade. I’m not sure what those people want.

They want their bottoms smacked, is what they want and need
09:51, Tue 28 Nov
IanT

I've said all along that probably the last place we'll see improvement is on the pitch.

I think we'll have enough to steer clear of trouble, and it's going to take a long time to notice the improvements.

If ever there was a time for people to be patient, it's now.

Absolutely this. There's some right dross on this thread, and clearly some people who just cannot see how far we've come in such a short space of time. We were undeniably close to an abyss very recently, and in a short six months we're looking up not down with forward thinking ownership and a massive infrastructure investment (and plenty more to come).

Fair criticism is fine, but the abundance of negativity on here and twitter makes my skin crawl sometimes. it's the same 10% of voices making 50% of the noise. If you can't be positive now as a Blues fan then you may as well give up.
Tilton Rifle

Surely it can be possible to be on board with most of what they've done, be excited about what they said last night and be grateful we're light years away from the last owners (probably the best we've ever had?) - but still be sceptical/underwhelmed/a bit depressed about the managerial saga. I don't see that as negative. I'd say it's well over 30% of the fanbase that think along those lines from my conversations with people, and judging from the atmosphere in the ground. If a third of the fan base was in rapture about Rooney there'd be a lot better atmosphere than there has been so far.

The binary on here between outright hostility and an ask for uncritical support is a bit strange. And I don't think that 33/33/33 thing really helps in the context of fans - it's basically 'f*&$ of down Villa Park then' but using percentages to sound clever.

In the end you're basically right - a few good results and it will all improve and all this will be forgotten. It was ever thus. It's been a big, some say needless, change when most were just content to be where we were after the best part of a decade of trauma. Some people just need time to get their heads around it and let it bed in.
09:52, Tue 28 Nov
👍
09:52, Tue 28 Nov
They’re probably just WUMs. I hate that, WUMs kill this forum.
09:54, Tue 28 Nov
Super Hans
Rooney needs next summer where we’re free from the financial shackles to sign players for the system and also to have a full pre season with him.

If we’re not seeing progress on the pitch by the start of next season then it’s going to be worrying.

He won't get it in the hypothetical event we're looking like going down though surely? Unless we were determined to let history repeat itself as tragedy. I think if we stick about where we are now then fine.
09:55, Tue 28 Nov
Super Hans
Rooney needs next summer where we’re free from the financial shackles to sign players for the system and also to have a full pre season with him..

I appreciate we're going to lose several of the higher earners, but I'm not convinced this will mean the purse strings are flung open.
The cold never bothered me anyway