21:58, Fri 8 Dec
newblue
He did. What Rooney thinks Juke is bringing to us is escaping me. That run by Hogan 😮

I must admit, I didn't envisage seeing Juke and Hogan playing up front again, this season.
derbyblue
Were they weak minded when they were sixth in the table?

yes. we’ve been crap away from home for seasons

we had two good home wins in a week hudds and wba that flattered to deceive us into sixth

Behave.
Unbeaten in first 5 games.
Unbeaten at home.

Best performance was against preston, should have won/drawn and watford was heading towards a 0-0. Norwich was poor in 2nd half, i'll give you that one
21:59, Fri 8 Dec
666VAN
newblue
He did. What Rooney thinks Juke is bringing to us is escaping me. That run by Hogan 😮

I wonder how many people envisaged seeing Juke and Hogan up front again when Rooney took over ?

I didn't.

Nor me. Hardly the embodiment of "no fear football"

Juke has done well for the club but is past his best and Hogan is bereft of confidence.
Every game is heading towards a 0-0 until someone scores 🤣
22:00, Fri 8 Dec
So the players who got us to 6 th are now crap
if Rooney was a manager after his first few training sessions he would of realised that the way we had been playing wasn’t pretty but effective and the only way we could play now he puts the names in a hat and draws them out
22:00, Fri 8 Dec
There's results and performance. We didn't get as many results under eustace recently but not all the performances were awful.

Now every performance is awful and we're not getting results. Hard to be inspired when we don't look like scoring and look like the other team could score 5 every game.
22:01, Fri 8 Dec
Zola sits pretty at 8.33% win %
Rooney at 11.11%

Will rooney beat zolas record
Square pegs round holes.

How the eff are we trying to play a high tempo press with Juke and Bielik is beyond me.

We look flat footed, disjointed, we don’t move forward as a team - how many times tonight was our outlet a single player trying to take on 3 Coventry players while the rest of the team was stood in our own half watching on?

It’s like we have lost our identity. I know there is a culture change and mindset change, style change whatever you want to call it, but eustace was no genius, he just played to our current squads strengths and gave them a clear plan.

I can’t see anything coherent, or an identifiable tactical plan.

The question now, is how long are the owners going to give this? I’m assuming we are going to give Rooney the January window to try to strengthen and get the personnel in to play whatever system he is trying to implement….?

I want to be on board. The owners are talking the talk, but this is getting really difficult to swallow now.
Genuine question. Did you watch that Norwich game? The only way that was heading towards a 0-0 is if we'd have managed to successfully bore the opposition to sleep.
a decent manager gets the best out of the players he has

rooney does not seem able to do that and its getting worse
The truth is somewhere in between, but it’s slightly irrelevant. The concern is that it isn’t getting better on the pitch now and players aren’t performing. One or two odd picks but it’s more the flatness, lack of intensity and failure to make chances which is conceding,
derbyblue
Were they weak minded when they were sixth in the table?

yes. we’ve been crap away from home for seasons

we had two good home wins in a week hudds and wba that flattered to deceive us into sixth

Behave.
Unbeaten in first 5 games.
Unbeaten at home.

Best performance was against preston, should have won/drawn and watford was heading towards a 0-0. Norwich was poor in 2nd half, i'll give you that one

yeh i forgot preston that was a good performance

but im thinking more about the inability to come from a goal down, that record has been going on for years
there’s no leadership in that team at the minute

midfield rarely has control of the proceedings

and no link into the attack, no wonder we can’t score we don’t create anything
22:04, Fri 8 Dec
The truth is somewhere in between, but it’s slightly irrelevant. The concern is that it isn’t getting better on the pitch now and players aren’t performing. One or two odd picks but it’s more the flatness, lack of intensity and failure to make chances which is conceding,

i want him to, but i can’t see rooney solving this problem
22:05, Fri 8 Dec
It's all become very shit very quickly again.
The change of style, culture, mind set etc should have been started in the summer. We didn't recruit the players for what we're now trying to do and it's set us further back then when we started the season.

We do have so many better options out though. With Anderson and Roberts, Juke wouldn't be anywhere near starting. But that 442. It doesn't feel like progress.