22:05, Fri 8 Dec
HackneyBlue
a decent manager gets the best out of the players he has

rooney does not seem able to do that and its getting worse

The bloke's useless, this is Zola all over again. First job of any new manager should be to get the best out of the players you have, like Eust.ace was doing. Not pretending that your brand of football is so brilliant and revolutionary that the players you have can't adapt to it. We need a proper coach, not a vanity project. No Fear, my arse.
22:07, Fri 8 Dec
We didn’t win a game from the 26th August till 3rd of October.
Guaranteed is a big over estimation of how the season was going
Waggeh
Genuine question. Did you watch that Norwich game? The only way that was heading towards a 0-0 is if we'd have managed to successfully bore the opposition to sleep.

You mean watford. I did. Ok we set up for a point from start, not exciting but we were close to getting a point away from home. We are getting battered all the time now
22:08, Fri 8 Dec
The owners need to grasp reality. Admit you messed up on the appointment of Rooney, apologise to the fans and pull the trigger. Rooney is not respected by our players and that shows on the pitch.
A similar scenario occurred not far away, with the appointment of a great player who has little managerial capability. They did the necessary and are now flying high.
Totally agree.

I was enthused with Laird and Buchanan, they look like they could be really useful in a high tempo system.

Drameh the same.

Our midfield and attack with the exception of Stansfield and Miyoshi worries me. There are some qualities there (Dembele on the dribble for example) but they have huge holes in their team play - I don’t think Dembele tracked a player all game today, and I know people love Bacuna but he looks incredibly “toys out the pram” when we lose the ball. His delivery today and dead ball was a bag of toss.
22:10, Fri 8 Dec
bluer than blues
Sparky39
BlueSteve
Thie is not a very happy together group of players. I think they all know most of them are gone at the end of the season so have downed tools.

Exactly, no motivation.....shocking for professional footballers

But they looked very much a unified and cohesive unit before Rooney's appointment. I get we're trying to change things but something's happened to the togetherness.

The togetherness came from knowing they were safe and comfortable with the previous incumbent............

I think it was Rags who posted the analogy of bosses in the workplace. A fair amount of the current squad now know their time is up in the coming months and therefore either won't, or more likely, can't adapt. Having said that though it is somewhat mind boggling trying to force through major change in such a short time.
The next two windows will see (hopefully) some positive change...... but who will be at the helm?
22:12, Fri 8 Dec
SOBLUE
The owners need to grasp reality. Admit you messed up on the appointment of Rooney, apologise to the fans and pull the trigger. Rooney is not respected by our players and that shows on the pitch.
A similar scenario occurred not far away, with the appointment of a great player who has little managerial capability. They did the necessary and are now flying high.

Apologise to the fans 🤣🤣. Where have you been the last 10 years.
4CELL

But only played dreadfully in one of them, Norwich. They may have been a bit boring but we were 'in' every game. Preston was excellent performance and lost. My point, nobody was hammering us
22:13, Fri 8 Dec
derbyblue
derbyblue
Were they weak minded when they were sixth in the table?

yes. we’ve been crap away from home for seasons

we had two good home wins in a week hudds and wba that flattered to deceive us into sixth

Behave.
Unbeaten in first 5 games.
Unbeaten at home.

Best performance was against preston, should have won/drawn and watford was heading towards a 0-0. Norwich was poor in 2nd half, i'll give you that one

yeh i forgot preston that was a good performance

but im thinking more about the inability to come from a goal down, that record has been going on for years
there’s no leadership in that team at the minute

midfield rarely has control of the proceedings

and no link into the attack, no wonder we can’t score we don’t create anything

You mean since Long has been dropped?
It shows how bad things are when Roberts holds you together at the back
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
22:14, Fri 8 Dec
4CELL

We were 6th. Yes, up and down, but the table said 6th. Now it's just down and down and the table says 16th.
22:15, Fri 8 Dec
quark
derbyblue
derbyblue

we had two good home wins in a week hudds and wba that flattered to deceive us into sixth

Behave.
Unbeaten at home.

Best performance was against preston, should have won/drawn and watford was heading towards a 0-0. Norwich was poor in 2nd half, i'll give you that one

but im thinking more about the inability to come from a goal down, that record has been going on for years

Mark Roberts needs to be demoted to kit man and leave him there until his contract is up. Christ. He looks like a giraffe on ice.
Bordesley not Small Heath
Waggeh
Genuine question. Did you watch that Norwich game? The only way that was heading towards a 0-0 is if we'd have managed to successfully bore the opposition to sleep.

You mean watford. I did. Ok we set up for a point from start, not exciting but we were close to getting a point away from home. We are getting battered all the time now

Yes, sorry I did mean Watford although both games were very poor.

I don't disagree that it's rubbish at the moment who could honestly say it isn't? But that's not the discussion. JE wasn't the messiah he's being remembered as.
Tam
22:17, Fri 8 Dec
Mike likes hoofball
quark
derbyblue
derbyblue

Behave.
Unbeaten at home.

Mark Roberts needs to be demoted to kit man and leave him there until his contract is up. Christ. He looks like a giraffe on ice.

Marc Roberts had a decent game tonight. He's nowhere near as bad as some make him out to be, and hasn't been for at least three seasons now. I think that fingers can more accurately be pointed elsewhere.
Make Blues Great Again
derbyblue
The truth is somewhere in between, but it’s slightly irrelevant. The concern is that it isn’t getting better on the pitch now and players aren’t performing. One or two odd picks but it’s more the flatness, lack of intensity and failure to make chances which is conceding,

i want him to, but i can’t see rooney solving this problem

ROONEY is the problem FFS..
No-one thought JE was the Messiah.

But world class wayne is making him look better and better with every dismal defeat.
The cold never bothered me anyway