11:31, Sun 26 Nov
number8
Wednesday are not the worst team in this division, based on yesterday.

They are based on the table though, and comfortably so.
The Devlin Disguise
Rab C Nesbitt
The only way to get everyone on board is to consistently win games but I’m not sure even that will be enough

It will be enough if it happens, surely? It just seems a bit less likely to happen than it would have been after ripping up and starting again going into winter, against raised expectations that wouldn’t have been there otherwise.
I’m not sure with some mate.
Your previous post was very good btw 👍
Tony Fantastico
11:34, Sun 26 Nov
We definitely were not not on top in the first half. With playing effectively 4 up front who didn’t press at all let alone effectively and with Laird pretty much playing as a right winger we were wide open in midfield and at the back and had no control of the game whatsoever. We were better in the first 15 minutes of the second half but I agree about Juke. He has the running and jumping ability of a refrigerator these days. Hogan isn’t much of an option either. If Anderson, Hall and Tyler Roberts were available I doubt either would even get on the bench.
11:34, Sun 26 Nov
I know that, but I would be surprised if they stay there. I think they are better than a couple of teams we have played this season. Big, physical, pressed well at times, and even though he's a DVB the little tosspot would be ideal in our midfield as he takes the ball off the back 4 and moves it forward.

They should have been 2-0 up before we scored.
11:35, Sun 26 Nov
• Rooney was a shit appointment and was hired under unnecessary circumstances, but it happened. I hope it gets better and something positive can happen under Rooney, even though I disagree with the sacking of JE for Rooney.
• People are anti Rooney because we’ve been dreadful under him over the 6 games in general, barring some glimpse in some games. it’s good and a relief that we won against Sheffield Wednesday (albeit it wasn’t a pretty game) and I hope we can build some consistency and form in the next few games.
• The vile abuse aimed towards Rooney (like the Hull City game for example) is unacceptable. I disagree with fans wanting the club to lose every game because they hired Rooney and wanting Rooney out to a point that they would want the club to be in a losing run is just wrong. It doesn't mean that Rooney isn’t immune to criticism but I disagree with that context.
• Until there’s an improvement in results and performance (and showing that we’re making progress under him), many fans are going to be in the “Anti-Rooney” section, whether the “Pro-Rooney” fans likes it or not.
11:40, Sun 26 Nov
Oh yes, the looked decent. My point was just about people’s expectations when playing someone that poor on paper. As near a gimme as there’ll be this season people would have been thinking, me included.
11:42, Sun 26 Nov
bluenosezulu
• Rooney was a shit appointment and was hired under unnecessary circumstances, but it happened. I hope it gets better and something positive can happen under Rooney, even though I disagree with the sacking of JE for Rooney.
• People are anti Rooney because we’ve been dreadful under him over the 6 games in general, barring some glimpse in some games. it’s good and a relief that we won against Sheffield Wednesday (albeit it wasn’t a pretty game) and I hope we can build some consistency and form in the next few games.
• The vile abuse aimed towards Rooney (like the Hull City game for example) is unacceptable. I disagree with fans wanting the club to lose every game because they hired Rooney and wanting Rooney out to a point that they would want the club to be in a losing run is just wrong. It doesn't mean that Rooney isn’t immune to criticism but I disagree with that context.
• Until there’s an improvement in results and performance (and showing that we’re making progress under him), many fans are going to be in the “Anti-Rooney” section, whether the “Pro-Rooney” fans likes it or not.

There’s seems a sense of entitlement now, some forget how far we have come the last 6 months,
11:54, Sun 26 Nov
The people who would’ve been happy with mid table under JE now aren’t with Rooney as manager. The Rooney hate isn’t helping anyone, a bit of patience whatever wouldn’t go a miss here. The stadium took months to fix, the team is going to take a lot longer.
11:54, Sun 26 Nov
I think it's quite simple, we just need to see an obvious change in style of play for the better. That was one of the main reasons he was brought in wasn't it? Better football brings better results (hopefully) which in turn, should improve match day attendance all singing for Rooney.
12:09, Sun 26 Nov
jefflynneshair
I do understand your point but if you bring a new manager in isn’t it supposed to be an upgrade on what you’ve sacked?

I'm not sure if he is or he isn't yet, but I'm not gonna call it after 5 or 6 games.

We've won one more game in November than we did in September for example.

👏
12:16, Sun 26 Nov
Llanon_joe
I think it's quite simple, we just need to see an obvious change in style of play for the better. That was one of the main reasons he was brought in wasn't it? Better football brings better results (hopefully) which in turn, should improve match day attendance all singing for Rooney.

When he tries to change the style we get loads of grumblings that ‘he’s changed it too soon, the players can’t do that’ etc.

When it’s the same as before people moan that ‘there’s no obvious change, he’s making no difference’ etc.

Lets face it, with a lot of our so called fans, he just can’t win. They’d made their minds up long ago
number8
Wednesday are not the worst team in this division, based on yesterday.

Not many though maybe QPR, watched Rotherham Friday night, poor first half, good second half and managerless. But looked much better than Sheffield Wednesday yesterday and will give us more of a game next Saturday if they play like they did in that second half.
13:02, Sun 26 Nov
Well its the management that sacked the previous manager, so you should be having a go at them.
13:03, Sun 26 Nov
My view is I wouldn’t say I’m anti Rooney, or pro Rooney. I thought first half we were dire yesterday, and lucky to go in at 1-1, but improved second half and got the win. Yes it was ugly but sometimes an ugly win is what’s needed to end a bad run of form. I’ll say rooneys team talk at half time, and his subs were mostly right yesterday.

I’m still not convinced though by the appointment, and have yet to see how he’s any improvement over what we had before. 1 ok performance against Ipswich and one good second half against Wednesday doesn’t change that. That's not me wanting him to fail though by any stretch, as I hope the win is what Rooney needs for us to turn a corner and we can push on.
13:06, Sun 26 Nov
Exactly what I said..our midfield cries out for a player of Bannens ability always wants the ball,never wastes a pass and is the fulcrum of all their attacks I know he's a DVB but he's one I would welcome into our team.