09:58, Sun 26 Nov
It's not just about Rooney though, is it?

The whole situation around hanging JE out to dry was handled incredibly badly.

If they'd brought in someone who actually had a decent track record, and who looked like they actually have a plan on the pitch, then you wouldn't be hearing so much dissent IMO.

Rooney has a plan. To say otherwise is disingenuous.

Players aren’t fit enough or good enough to enact the plan. Both of those will change before the manager’s position. Get used to it. We ain’t going back to 4-2-3-1. 27% possession 1 shot on goal.
09:58, Sun 26 Nov
I don't like Rooney, but I want him to succeed as it'll means blues are.

We've had people on here wanting JE sacked even when we were winning games, so it doesn't surprise me that some want Rooney gone when we are losing.
The cold never bothered me anyway
10:00, Sun 26 Nov
And ironically what was Eustace track record that merited him getting the job?
Plus we had 6 months of football last season with seemingly no plan but hoofball on the pitch but he was still afforded time and barely a murmur of criticism at games compared to what we’re seeing now
Tony Fantastico
10:00, Sun 26 Nov
Absolutely I support the club not the manager.
10:02, Sun 26 Nov
I don't like Rooney, but I want him to succeed as it'll means blues are.

We've had people on here wanting JE sacked even when we were winning games, so it doesn't surprise me that some want Rooney gone when we are losing.

People wanted him gone after 2 games, that was well publicised. It’s moronic.
10:03, Sun 26 Nov
i do think the core problem here is that, largely thanks to the press, we know his back story

his every move has been chronicled, good and bad, and his character has been painted dubious over the years

because of this a lot of people seem to think he’s there to be shot at

so with the appointment he had to hit the ground running and hasn’t

the abuse dolled out this new manager at the first home game was shocking and shameful really

as a fan base, we’re also very apathetic and cynical still - maybe a decade of crap ownership has created this and we can’t shake it in some parts

sound bites given on the appointment didn’t wash unless they rang true, which they haven’t yet - but like most sincere Blues fans, i hope yesterday as bleak a win as it was may prove to be a turning point and things settle

it’s not his fault, but i guess we’re not enamoured with being labelled “Wayne Rooney’s Birmingham City” which the press again love - we’re our own Birmingham City thank you. KRO
10:03, Sun 26 Nov
Super Hans
I don’t think it’s that weird, it was a shit performance against a league one quality team.

Happy with the 3 points but I didn’t see anything to convince me that we will be anything but sliding down the table under WR, of course I hope I’m wrong.
After the 5 games I was just happy to get that win.
You’re ok though mate. I can accept that mindset
Tony Fantastico
10:04, Sun 26 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
It’s definitely there.
Moaning from very early on about keeping possession.
Vitriol when we went behind.
Booing them off at half time even after just equalising.
A definite disconnect and lack of atmosphere after winning.
Weird.
We are supporters. So if you go on matchday support. It’s that simple

Couldn't agree more Rab. I said a few weeks back that my biggest worry is the fans not taking to this style of play and I still stand by this.
There is no doubt about it, if we're going to get out this league (going upwards 😀) then we need to play better football and we as fans need to support this style - yes there will be mistakes but we should not be getting on the players backs about it, all that does is encourage the opposition and you can see rhe confidence being drained away from the players.
10:05, Sun 26 Nov
And ironically what was Eustace track record that merited him getting the job?
Plus we had 6 months of football last season with seemingly no plan but hoofball on the pitch but he was still afforded time and barely a murmur of criticism at games compared to what we’re seeing now

I ranted on here about me being done with Eustace ball after a pathetic performance away at Norwich on a Tuesday night in the middle of that awful spell after the World Cup last season and I got dogs abuse for it.

Rooney getting it before even playing a game and abused in the ground after 2 games is OK though I guess 🤷‍♂️
10:06, Sun 26 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
It’s definitely there.
Weird.

Couldn't agree more Rab. I said a few weeks back that my biggest worry is the fans not taking to this style of play and I still stand by this.
There is no doubt about it, if we're going to get out this league (going upwards 😀) then we need to play better football and we as fans need to support this style - yes there will be mistakes but we should not be getting on the players backs about it, all that does is encourage the opposition and you can see rhe confidence being drained away from the players.

absolutely - trouble is we haven’t seen any style or true direction to this, yet

the tippy tap at the back between the two CH and Goalkeeper isn’t helping because it’s not really getting us anywhere by doing it, just invites pressure in our third

but it may come
10:09, Sun 26 Nov
Rasputin
I don't like Rooney

Really, I wouldn’t have guessed that
10:12, Sun 26 Nov
derbyblue
Rab C Nesbitt
It’s definitely there.
Weird.

absolutely - trouble is we haven’t seen any style or true direction to this, yet

the tippy tap at the back between the two CH and Goalkeeper isn’t helping because it’s not really getting us anywhere by doing it, just invites pressure in our third

but it may come
A lot of that true but the winner was through playing some lovely football down the right so hopefully that helps belief in doing it.
Tony Fantastico
10:15, Sun 26 Nov
It seems to me the ones that don’t like him, don’t stretch past watching us on the tv

The majority in the ground back him and back anyone in the dugout until it gets too far, Cotterill the obvious case

Rooney cannot help the timing on Eustace going.

It’s pretty weird after a win which many predicted would be a banana skin people are still discussing his future

Eustace is gone, Rooney is here, the king is dead long live the king
10:16, Sun 26 Nov
Tom TheProject Brady
People are anti Rooney because we’ve been dreadful under him, it’s as simple as that.

Plenty of people were anti Rooney before he’d even taken his first training session.

Absolutely. Anyone who was at the Hull game could tell you that. The worst thing about our club at the moment is the fans.
10:18, Sun 26 Nov
derbyblue
Rab C Nesbitt
It’s definitely there.
Weird.

but it may come
A lot of that true but the winner was through playing some lovely football down the right so hopefully that helps belief in doing it.

belief is going to be the big thing, Rab - on and off the pitch for sure - when it’s seen to be effective and working then it’s easier to buy into

i just wish we could pause the sentiment to Rooney and let it be, give it a chance

but we won’t be able to, because it’s Rooney it will be constantly hyped up by the media, and then you get all manner of people chirping up which i think further antagonises the fan base, i know it does me - i don’t wanna hear what every tom dick or vile fan wants to harp on about my club

my case in point FULL STORY: [bitly.ws] - who gives a flyer what Jermaine Pennant thinks????