16:14, Mon 27 Nov
Chris
That is absolutely mental

Care to elaborate on your viewpoint or are you just going to leave it at that?
16:15, Mon 27 Nov
A concrete example of cognitive dissonance if I've ever seen one.
16:15, Mon 27 Nov
Tom TheProject Brady
That's effing mental πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I'm open to hearing your counter opinion, or an explanation of the reasoning for your conclusion. Feel free to elaborate.
16:16, Mon 27 Nov
You want an explanation as to why people are booing? I must be falling for the best wind up on here for a while.
16:18, Mon 27 Nov
Nope. What I suggested was for you to provide the reasoning behind your comment. It's easy to throw Ad Hominem around in one liners, but it doesn't win any arguments.
16:33, Mon 27 Nov
We won Saturday

Stop moaning you weird prick
16:35, Mon 27 Nov
If the new owners wanted to replace DvB with a cardboard cutout that’s fine with me. I’m just happy they ended the Chinese tenure and we now have a future.
16:37, Mon 27 Nov
My Blue Heaven
We won Saturday

Nice one πŸ‘
16:38, Mon 27 Nov
We won Saturday

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘
16:38, Mon 27 Nov
Tom TheProject Brady
That's effing mental πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I'm open to hearing your counter opinion, or an explanation of the reasoning for your conclusion. Feel free to elaborate.

You can answer my question first please.
16:45, Mon 27 Nov
Your question is answered in the comment you originally replied to. The answer is yes, it's constructive criticism and they are doing it in support of the team, despite it appearing to be to the contrary at first glance. If you don't agree, please feel free to explain your alternative theory.
16:49, Mon 27 Nov
Your question is answered in the comment you originally replied to. The answer is yes, it's constructive criticism. If you don't agree, please explain your alternative theory.

Definition: Constructive criticism is a form of feedback that focuses on delivering critique and negative feedback constructively and positively to improve performance or behavior.

Constructive criticism is actionable, clear, and beneficial to the recipient. It does not focus solely on the negative aspects. Rather than tearing something down, constructive criticism focuses on improving it.

In what way is booing constructive criticism?
16:52, Mon 27 Nov
Tom TheProject Brady
Your question is answered in the comment you originally replied to. The answer is yes, it's constructive criticism. If you don't agree, please explain your alternative theory.

Definition: Constructive criticism is a form of feedback that focuses on delivering critique and negative feedback constructively and positively to improve performance or behavior.

Constructive criticism is actionable, clear, and beneficial to the recipient. It does not focus solely on the negative aspects. Rather than tearing something down, constructive criticism focuses on improving it.

In what way is booing constructive criticism?

Quite right... booing alone is not constructive crticism.

Booing and yelling "gerrit forward" is...
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
16:57, Mon 27 Nov
I explained it above. It's similar to clapping where it would be almost impossible for the sender to deliver a precise set of verbal instructions - EG in a noisy stadium, some way back from the pitch. Therefore a crowd of people are able to send a message expressing their feelings as a unit. Once one person starts, others can choose to join in, not join in, or deliver the opposite message.

Are you suggesting the opposite - that when people boo the team which many of them have supported their whole life, they specifically want the team to fail because of the booing? If so, I disagree. I think that they want the team to know that they disapprove of something because they want the team to win - IE they are supporting the team. But due to the circumstances they are having to express that support that in a manner which may not seem supportive to every person who witnesses it, especially without context (for example).

Focusing on the dictionary definition of constructive criticism is veering away somewhat from the specific context of where this argument started, which was your original comment -

Tom TheProject Brady
Booing is not β€œexpressing support”. No matter how much you wish it to be.

I'm arguing that it is expressing support.
17:09, Mon 27 Nov
Chairman
I can see why you're asking the question as you don't seem to understand what support means. Here's the dictionary definition to help.

"to give encouragement and approval to someone or something because you want the person or thing to succeed"

Hopefully you can start doing that now you know.

And have you done that under all managers and previous owners?

The amount of hypocrisy is staggering.

Clearly, 99% of blues have shown their support for the club by wanting the people out who are holding the club back. Some people think Rooney is a negative for the club, some don't and think he needs more time. To make it an argument of support is so disingenuous and hypocritical.