16:53, Sun 26 Nov
Really disappointed Myoshi overhit a simple through ball to Stansfield first half.
I like him though
Tony Fantastico
16:55, Sun 26 Nov
newblue
Nope, that’s what some supporters do. Don’t speak for me (and I believe many others). Far from having any patience you and others had already made your mind up prior to us actually kicking a ball, from what I can see.

The reason you want everybody to be positive about us playing shit is because you feel stupid for thinking it was going to be a good appointment and we would be playing better football.

People pay money to watch the team try and win games of football. Just because you personally wrote the season off as just an experiment for rooney, does not mean everyone else has to cheer defeats and poor performances.
17:06, Sun 26 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Really disappointed Myoshi overhit a simple through ball to Stansfield first half.
I like him though

Me too. He stands out for me because not only does he have technical ability but you can see his speed of thought and reading of the game is so much better than everybody else's. Only Stansfield occasionally seems to be able to anticipate him.
17:06, Sun 26 Nov
Bluestaines
As an aside, most people who support other clubs that I have spoken also think his appointment was daft and strange and don't believe it will end well. That shouldn't and may well not mean a hill of beans of course and I am not bothered by what they think but I think it's indictive of the fact there appears to be less of a genuine footballing basis for the appointment than we were led to believe because that's what they reckon too. Neutrals often see what we don't.

Actually, other fans usually don’t . I think you are saying Rooney was appointed because he was a mate of Cook and for commercial reasons, and it had nothing to do with wanting a more entertaining brand of football which is also regarded as the future route to success. Probably there is something in the commercial angle but I think you are totally wrong in changing the way we play. Whether Rooney can do that is of course to be doubted and as yet the evidence , being pretty generous, is at best thin. It has already been pronounced as a disaster though and was before the first game.

Of course there were a lot of people who thought Eustace should stay but also others who didn’t particularly rate him on the evidence of quite a lot of our performances. I don’t think fans of other clubs know that and don’t (or didn’t) pay that much attention to us. I’m one of those who wasn’t that impressed with the level of our player, though I appreciate some rate it more satisfactory than me.. Far too much dross in our performances and we rarely controlled games and played the ball through the team. Some argue that’s the way we should play because we only really have the players who can scrap it out. I don’t agree with that but agree the team needs improving for it to be properly realised. I certainly think it should have been given more time and I trust the new ownership to get this right whatever it takes. The treatment of Rooney in my view has been pretty crap.
17:07, Sun 26 Nov
Bluestaines
As an aside, most people who support other clubs that I have spoken also think his appointment was daft and strange and don't believe it will end well. That shouldn't and may well not mean a hill of beans of course and I am not bothered by what they think but I think it's indictive of the fact there appears to be less of a genuine footballing basis for the appointment than we were led to believe because that's what they reckon too. Neutrals often see what we don't.

I think that’s really true. Pretty much without exception, all of the people I know who follow other sides and know their football have said similar. To the point I almost perversely start to think the opposite just because it’s a kind of group think from reading The Athletic or whatever.

Sort of in a similar vein, I also wonder whether those who went and watched us at Norwich or Watford were unduly harsh on JE in a way that the big majority of people who only go at home, pick and chose their games etc. wouldn’t be. One thing to say we were awful, too defensive etc. another to think it meant he had to go (or maybe they were right - who knows). We’ll never know whether Wagner et al overestimated how the fanbase would feel by being in the away ends. Which is part of the tangle it’s all become I think.
17:19, Sun 26 Nov
I agree about Eustace actually. I have never been of the view this was about Rooney v Eustace. I don't rate either.

I'm not sure about the players though. I fear Rooney is begining to show their limitations. Towards the end Eustace was probably just about getting as much out of them as they are capable of.

Rooney, like others before him such as Zola and TF have a view on the way to play and can't understand why players at a lower level than they played can't "learn" how to improve or even do the things they could. But you can't make a purse out of a sows ear. We need a manager who can extract maximum performance by using best what strengths the players have, appropriate for this division, and playing half decent football in that way. The only manager we have had in recent years who came close to that was Monk.
17:20, Sun 26 Nov
CastleBlue
newblue
Nope, that’s what some supporters do. Don’t speak for me (and I believe many others). Far from having any patience you and others had already made your mind up prior to us actually kicking a ball, from what I can see.

The reason you want everybody to be positive about us playing shit is because you feel stupid for thinking it was going to be a good appointment and we would be playing better football.

People pay money to watch the team try and win games of football. Just because you personally wrote the season off as just an experiment for rooney, does not mean everyone else has to cheer defeats and poor performances.

You don’t know what I think, so don’t presume that you do. I think there is one thing that you wrote that is half true in your post but I’d be amazed if you were able to identify it. As you would need a lot of help to do so, I’ll do it for you.

I don’t ‘want’ people to feel positive about ‘shit’ football andI don’t feel stupid, because I didn’t (and don’t) write the season off as an’experiment for Rooney’. I was pretty neutral about the appointment, thinking it was a gamble, but am at least prepared to give it more than a few games. Maybe Rooney can get us playing better football but the jury is definitely out.

I think the team are trying to win but aren’t being very successful at it, but it seems that at last when we do win, it’s not to be enjoyed. I don’t expect fans to cheer defeats and poor performances.

The one thing that I half agree on is that fans play good money to see us win - though I do think they are trying. So apart from everything else you are wrong about, you are half ‘spot on’ about that one thing. Congratulations.
17:22, Sun 26 Nov
Out of curiosity how long are you going to give it?
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
17:22, Sun 26 Nov
CastleBlue
newblue

☝️☝️☝️
17:28, Sun 26 Nov
Bluestaines
I agree about Eustace actually. I have never been of the view this was about Rooney v Eustace. I don't rate either.

I'm not sure about the players though. I fear Rooney is begining to show their limitations. Towards the end Eustace was probably just about getting as much out of them as they are capable of.

Rooney, like others before him such as Zola and TF have a view on the way to play and can't understand why players at a lower level than they played can't "learn" how to improve or even do the things they could. But you can't make a purse out of a sows ear. We need a manager who can extract maximum performance by using best what strengths the players have, appropriate for this division, and playing half decent football in that way. The only manager we have had in recent years who came close to that was Monk.

I agree that it’s up to managers to get the maximum out of players, that isn’t happening.

I really don’t think it’s about players not being able to play at a better level in terms of passing and movement. These are competent players who are definitely capable of competing in this league, yet we constantly see teams outplaying us in terms of moving the ball. That includes teams like QPR at the bottom or clubs who have come up to this league with players who haven’t played at this level. In fact I’d argue Eustace got more out of the player first half last year in terms of style (and to be fair at times this year) but his set up has been fundamentally defensive and back foot.

We’ll see anyway. The owners won’t have infinite patience but it will a lot longer than some fans have shown.
17:29, Sun 26 Nov
Spot on
17:30, Sun 26 Nov
bluenosezulu
CastleBlue
newblue

☝️☝️☝️

You don’t know what I think, so don’t presume that you do. I think there is one thing that you wrote that is half true in your post but I’d be amazed if you were able to identify it. As you would need a lot of help to do so, I’ll do it for you.

I don’t ‘want’ people to feel positive about ‘shit’ football andI don’t feel stupid, because I didn’t (and don’t) write the season off as an’experiment for Rooney’. I was pretty neutral about the appointment, thinking it was a gamble, but am at least prepared to give it more than a few games. Maybe Rooney can get us playing better football but the jury is definitely out.

I think the team are trying to win but aren’t being very successful at it, but it seems that at last when we do win, it’s not to be enjoyed. I don’t expect fans to cheer defeats and poor performances.

The one thing that I half agree on is that fans play good money to see us win - though I do think they are trying. So apart from everything else you are wrong about, you are half ‘spot on’ about that one thing. Congratulations.

☝️☝️☝️
17:31, Sun 26 Nov
Super Hans
Out of curiosity how long are you going to give it?

Before I think we should all be booing?
17:33, Sun 26 Nov
Huh? You’ve decided that 6 games isn’t long enough to write it all off as some are doing so I’m curious as to your time frame.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
The Devlin Disguise
Bluestaines

I think that’s really true. Pretty much without exception, all of the people I know who follow other sides and know their football have said similar. To the point I almost perversely start to think the opposite just because it’s a kind of group think from reading The Athletic or whatever.

Sort of in a similar vein, I also wonder whether those who went and watched us at Norwich or Watford were unduly harsh on JE in a way that the big majority of people who only go at home, pick and chose their games etc. wouldn’t be. One thing to say we were awful, too defensive etc. another to think it meant he had to go (or maybe they were right - who knows). We’ll never know whether Wagner et al overestimated how the fanbase would feel by being in the away ends. Which is part of the tangle it’s all become I think.
Norwich was bad . And frustration came from them losing 6-2 the week before at Plymouth
Tony Fantastico