21:07, Sun 26 Nov
Booing is not “expressing support”. No matter how much you wish it to be.
21:17, Sun 26 Nov
Rags
Eustace

Edit Ffs 😂

If you read the Children's Trust thread then all is explained

I did, but didn't think it was actually real
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
23:09, Sun 26 Nov
Iain_Gavin
Spot on. Dictating that the way YOU express your support is the way EVERYONE should express their support is arrogant and deluded

I support this post. Boooooooooooo!!!
23:36, Sun 26 Nov
As I’ve posted elsewhere, I’ve been watching Blues since 1981. Never in all that time since have I felt such disappointment and despair at the attitude of so many within our fanbase as I do now. We have owners with enormous aspirations for the club, and city, yet the cheap point scoring and impatient ‘edginess’ prevails over patience.

We’ll get what we deserve, if we’re not careful.

I’m neither ‘pro’ or ‘against’ JE, WR or anyone involved in their employment status. I want the best for Blues and my own views on their respective abilities is somewhat muted because it’s something I can’t influence, so I’m prepared to observe and hope for the best.

Please can we be less internally critical, divided and toxic, and restore some focus on St Andrew’s being a place that opposition players and fans don’t want to visit? Keep the eff right on.
23:51, Sun 26 Nov
Well Said
07:59, Mon 27 Nov
There’s a few serial angry blokes by me, one of which called Rooney a tw@ during a fairly standard pass around the back phase, and another that called him a fat granny shagger as Bacuna’s goal was rustling into the net.

I don’t understand why these people follow football I really don’t.
08:40, Mon 27 Nov
Tom TheProject Brady
Booing is not “expressing support”. No matter how much you wish it to be.

It's constructive criticism and it doesn't contain any rude words 😉 Seriously though, if you had a friend who was embarrassing themselves regularly in public with poor performance (when you know that they can do better) and they didn't seem to realise - are you more of a friend (supporter) to A) let them know in a reasonably unoffensive manner or B) to never say anything negative about their performance and always applaud, no matter how much they deteriorate and humiliate themselves/let themselves down?
09:25, Mon 27 Nov
Good to see Ian Holloway and his shit anologies are alive and kicking.

Speaking as a friend.
09:34, Mon 27 Nov
Mister Mutley
Iain_Gavin
The fans did for Zola

The fans did for Cotterill

I’m glad you happy clapped through both, but the paying public have a voice, and sometimes it benefits to use it

Wrong results did it for Zola

Disagree. He resigned because of the fans reaction against Burton. He wasn't sacked for poor performance/results.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
09:35, Mon 27 Nov
I was saying Dan Boo-urn.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
09:36, Mon 27 Nov
Nikola Zigic
Mister Mutley
Iain_Gavin
The fans did for Zola

The fans did for Cotterill

I’m glad you happy clapped through both, but the paying public have a voice, and sometimes it benefits to use it

Wrong results did it for Zola

Disagree. He resigned because of the fans reaction against Burton. He wasn't sacked for poor performance/results.

If he didn't quit he'd have been sacked about ten minutes later for poor performance / results - and that's not opinion, that's knowledge.
09:46, Mon 27 Nov
Resigned before being sacked and didn't want to have a relegation on his CV more like.
The cold never bothered me anyway
Oh Franky Franky
As I’ve posted elsewhere, I’ve been watching Blues since 1981. Never in all that time since have I felt such disappointment and despair at the attitude of so many within our fanbase as I do now. We have owners with enormous aspirations for the club, and city, yet the cheap point scoring and impatient ‘edginess’ prevails over patience.

We’ll get what we deserve, if we’re not careful.

I’m neither ‘pro’ or ‘against’ JE, WR or anyone involved in their employment status. I want the best for Blues and my own views on their respective abilities is somewhat muted because it’s something I can’t influence, so I’m prepared to observe and hope for the best.

Please can we be less internally critical, divided and toxic, and restore some focus on St Andrew’s being a place that opposition players and fans don’t want to visit? Keep the eff right on.

What I would say is, don't mistake the internet for the fanbase in real life. I'd say 'wait and see what happens' is the majority position, even amongst those of us who thought it was a poor and needless appointment. But expecting a load of people a bit punch drunk by the last few weeks, after all the positivity of the summer and early season, to be all Fortress St Andrews now is a stretch. Also, fans always responds to what happens on the pitch. If anything (and I don't think this is just a Blues thing), unless there's plenty of goalmouth action and results, we'd probably get better atmospheres out of blood and thunder and counter-attacking rather than the ponderous possession-based football that's the current vogue. How many times down the years has the best atmosphere been created by a sending off, for example?

On the positive side, no atmosphere has been quite as weird and bad as that first one against Hull. The Ipswich one was decent, and I don't think Saturday was as bad as some are suggesting. It will get better still with goals and results (and worse if we don't - same as any manager or club, and worse in this situation because the owners wanted to take a risk that might always blow up).

If we're giving the new manager time, surely we need to give people time to get over the change too?
10:21, Mon 27 Nov
no room for nuance on here sorry, but completely agree
10:52, Mon 27 Nov
Having just caught up on this thread...

What an appalling and totally unforced error to change the manager.

16 pages of fans been divided on who they want and what they want.

Apparently even a change on the forum to call our old manager names who did a great job.

What a balls up!

After the WBA game we had unity and a massive amount of positivity.

The errors have been incredibly childish from Cook, repeatedly claiming things will be world class and then bringing in WR. Making the sacking at a time of very tough games and when WR cannot bring in his own players.

These things will not be fixed quickly. Such a shame!

Just when you think things are on the up we do a Blues.

KRO