10:21, Sun 26 Nov
My Blue Heaven
It seems to me the ones that don’t like him, don’t stretch past watching us on the tv

The majority in the ground back him and back anyone in the dugout until it gets too far, Cotterill the obvious case

Rooney cannot help the timing on Eustace going.

It’s pretty weird after a win which many predicted would be a banana skin people are still discussing his future

Eustace is gone, Rooney is here, the king is dead long live the king
Pretty much agree with much of this.I actually enjoyed that second half today and most people sat near me in the Tilton seemed to be willing the team on.Certainly enjoyed my tea more when I got home.
If that makes me a "Happy Clapper " I don't give a shite.
10:24, Sun 26 Nov
davenports
My Blue Heaven
It seems to me the ones that don’t like him, don’t stretch past watching us on the tv

The majority in the ground back him and back anyone in the dugout until it gets too far, Cotterill the obvious case

It’s pretty weird after a win which many predicted would be a banana skin people are still discussing his future

Pretty much agree with much of this.I actually enjoyed that second half today and most people sat near me in the Tilton seemed to be willing the team on.Certainly enjoyed my tea more when I got home.
I swapped season ticket from the Tilton to the Kop this season and there’s a big difference in moaning
10:24, Sun 26 Nov
Hagley Blue
Tom TheProject Brady
People are anti Rooney because we’ve been dreadful under him, it’s as simple as that.

Plenty of people were anti Rooney before he’d even taken his first training session.

Absolutely. Anyone who was at the Hull game could tell you that. The worst thing about our club at the moment is the fans.
I can’t really argue with that. Mad when 18 months back I said the fans were probably the clubs best asset
Tony Fantastico
10:25, Sun 26 Nov
mr_crosby
davenports
My Blue Heaven

I swapped season ticket from the Tilton to the Kop this season and there’s a big difference in moaning
The half time boos did seem to come from the Kop to start with
Tony Fantastico
10:26, Sun 26 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
It’s definitely there.
Moaning from very early on about keeping possession.
Vitriol when we went behind.
Booing them off at half time even after just equalising.
A definite disconnect and lack of atmosphere after winning.
Weird.
We are supporters. So if you go on matchday support. It’s that simple

Mate, there was a guy behind me in the GML abusing Rooney as he walked off after the final whistle. Some people are just pricks
10:28, Sun 26 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
derbyblue
it’s unfortunate and you’re not wrong

he’s just not proving to be a popular appointment, and coupled with a poor set of results i think his press interviews are far from convincing - which i guess all adds to the apathy towards him from the terraces

i hope it changes though
He’s the most honest bastard you’ll hear at a press conference

This.
I think he’s been very good but it’s the same anti rooney lot that keep pointing out that he says erm a lot…. I mean did they not watch any of Eustaces press conferences??
10:28, Sun 26 Nov
El Mayor
Rab C Nesbitt
It’s definitely there.
Moaning from very early on about keeping possession.
Vitriol when we went behind.
Booing them off at half time even after just equalising.
A definite disconnect and lack of atmosphere after winning.
Weird.
We are supporters. So if you go on matchday support. It’s that simple

Mate, there was a guy behind me in the GML abusing Rooney as he walked off after the final whistle. Some people are just pricks
Dear oh dear. Why would you bother going if you hate things that much?
Tony Fantastico
10:30, Sun 26 Nov
Why has JE name changed to dvb? Bit odd
10:32, Sun 26 Nov
Trouble is there’s more and more of them.
10:33, Sun 26 Nov
We won 2-1 against the worst team in the league after going behind. Hardly encouraging.

I still think we're on a hiding to nothing with Rooney. He is asking the player's to do things they can't do, and instead of adapting (because he can't) he just repeats it every game.

It ain't gonna work.
10:35, Sun 26 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
mr_crosby
davenports
My Blue Heaven

The half time boos did seem to come from the Kop to start with

Should have heard the Hull game
10:35, Sun 26 Nov
My Blue Heaven
Why has JE name changed to dvb? Bit odd

Thongs paid for it. See the children’s trust thread.
10:36, Sun 26 Nov
Yorkshireblue
We won 2-1 against the worst team in the league after going behind. Hardly encouraging.

I still think we're on a hiding to nothing with Rooney. He is asking the player's to do things they can't do, and instead of adapting (because he can't) he just repeats it every game.

It ain't gonna work.

Remind how many games we won from going behind under our last few managers.

I’ll give you a clue, it’s not many. At one point I think it was once in three years.
10:38, Sun 26 Nov
An I missed that, Damn dark mode and bad eyes
10:39, Sun 26 Nov
But do you stick by a style which is limited, will get us so far in the league and when you add better players will drag them down to that level over time.

Or do you adopt a style that separates the wheat from the chaff knowing that better players are following who will be able to play better football that is more likely to get us promoted.

The football wasn’t great yesterday but you can see what he is trying to move towards and our winner came from keeping the ball and passing it short, quicker and better.