16:01, Sun 26 Nov
He's a poor appointment. The team have got worse since he took over. People are entitled to express their disappointment. And you have done so yourself in the past when you have a view on a manager (maybe in different ways perhaps but you said you stayed in the pub one day for the whole game I recall) Doesn't mean people don't support the team.
16:08, Sun 26 Nov
Except they didn’t, which was the whole point of the initial post.
16:08, Sun 26 Nov
NOGS74
I don’t want Rooney to fail. I don’t want any Birmingham City manager to fail that would mean relegation potentially.

I am just in that camp that DIDN’T want Rooney as manager.

There’s a difference.

I’ve seen no improvements despite his programme notes about what they’ve supposedly been working on in training and we were dog shit awful yesterday and sometimes made the supposed worst team in the league look like Real Madrid.

If it wasn’t points based I’m not sure who the actual worst team in the league are at the minute…

But. If somehow a switch is flicked then I’ll eat my hat.

In the meantime I’ll be at Blackburn Wednesday night and won’t get home till after midnight so don’t doubt my lack of support it’s always there despite frustrations.

Well said. Pretty much how I feel. I don't understand why some need to criticise other for the way they support the team.
16:09, Sun 26 Nov
newblue

Expressing frustration in the moment doesn't mean they don't support the team.
16:11, Sun 26 Nov
Funny way of supporting a team.
16:14, Sun 26 Nov
Bluestaines
newblue

Slating players individually, booing the team off and for passing the ball short and abusing the manager literally is the opposite of being supportive. Me being in a pub is a long way off spreading negativity like the things I’ve mentioned do
Tony Fantastico
16:17, Sun 26 Nov
Whether you agree with it or not it's an expression of what people regard as a poor managerial appointment as well as the fact that, in their eyes, as a result, the team are suddenly playing very poorly. Clearly not everybody has your patience but I think you should understand why. It may not be supportive in the moment but it is a consequence of the fact that people care about and support their team. That's what football supporters typically do (at all clubs) It's not like going to the theatre.
16:21, Sun 26 Nov
Nope, that’s what some supporters do. Don’t speak for me (and I believe many others). Far from having any patience you and others had already made your mind up prior to us actually kicking a ball, from what I can see.
16:21, Sun 26 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Bluestaines
newblue

Slating players individually, booing the team off and for passing the ball short and abusing the manager literally is the opposite of being supportive. Me being in a pub is a long way off spreading negativity like the things I’ve mentioned do

A different expression of the same thing. As I say in my other post, it's not "supportive" in the moment, it's an expression of frustration, but it's because they care and they are upset. You shouldn't be critical of other people who have a different view of what the club have done and how the team are playing and what the "plan" may or not be in the longer term. They are entitled to their view and expression (so long as it doesn't go too far in abusive/legal way etc of course)
16:27, Sun 26 Nov
Bluestaines
Rab C Nesbitt
Bluestaines
newblue

A different expression of the same thing. As I say in my other post, it's not "supportive" in the moment, it's an expression of frustration, but it's because they care and they are upset. You shouldn't be critical of other people who have a different view of what the club have done and how the team are playing and what the "plan" may or not be in the longer term. They are entitled to their view and expression (so long as it doesn't go too far in abusive/legal way etc of course)

I'm always going to be critical of people booing the keeper after 11 minutes, or giving the manager vile personal abuse as he walks off after our first win under him.
Maybe it's me.
Up the feckin Blues
16:41, Sun 26 Nov
newblue
Nope, that’s what some supporters do. Don’t speak for me (and I believe many others). Far from having any patience you and others had already made your mind up prior to us actually kicking a ball, from what I can see.

I wasn't saying all supporters and wasn't speaking for you. It's not what I do either. I sat their quiet and rather bored most of the game yesterday. But everybody is different. And whilst I agree some had probably made their minds up before he actually started his first game that's was not, and still isn't, true of me. But I wasn't positive I agree. And I'm not encouraged at all so far. My enthusiasm is rapidly waning. I may not have bothered going yesterday if it wasn't for my lad. I don't see a plan. The players can't do whatever that plan may or may not involve. And I don't think implementing a better style of football really is why Rooney got the job.

This feels very similar to the second half of last season to me now. The season is already over and the football very poor.
16:42, Sun 26 Nov
In fairness the winning goal was some lovely football but yeah there was some dross
Tony Fantastico
16:49, Sun 26 Nov
As an aside, most people who support other clubs that I have spoken also think his appointment was daft and strange and don't believe it will end well. That shouldn't and may well not mean a hill of beans of course and I am not bothered by what they think but I think it's indictive of the fact there appears to be less of a genuine footballing basis for the appointment than we were led to believe because that's what they reckon too. Neutrals often see what we don't.
16:50, Sun 26 Nov
The goal was well worked yes. I think a lot of the issues going forward was the same as we had under eustace, just not a lot of quality, final ball always poor, passes over hit or under hit. Hopefully Rooney can sort that out.
16:52, Sun 26 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
In fairness the winning goal was some lovely football but yeah there was some dross

James is one of the positives at the moment. He should be starting and probably the focal point of the team. Even Myoshi looked lacking in confidence yesterday.