17:35, Sun 26 Nov
Falstaff
Rooney is here for the long term. His footballing ethos won’t change, and nor should it. Possession of the ball is the key to winning games, and pretty much every successful team in the world plays the ball from back to front .

Our players haven’t got either the skill or the confidence, or in some cases both, to play that way with confidence. Rooney will work with them until they either can play that way, or they are replaced by players who can.

Rooney will be here well after the moaners have moved onto something else to whine about.

FFP won't allow us to simply do that.
17:37, Sun 26 Nov
Are you seriously suggesting 5 (or is 6) is long enough? Of course events could change things but it has to be beyond next January before we can properly judge it. Have you decided it’s long enough already?
17:46, Sun 26 Nov
I’ve not suggested anything, you said it’s too soon to write him off after 6 games so I wondered how long you’re prepared to give him.

For what it’s worth at this point I think you need to stick with Rooney for the long term well in to next season regardless of what happens before the end of the season, to play how he wants to play we need to make a lot of signings throughout the squad that we can’t afford in January. Let’s hope we can get enough points for that to be in the Championship next season.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
18:05, Sun 26 Nov
does not mean everyone else has to cheer defeats and poor performances.

Presumably you thought the same about under the Kiddy Harriers reject DvB?
18:26, Sun 26 Nov
JE got plenty of stick when things weren’t going well especially the horrible few months straight after the WC last season. That’s what happens when you are in highly paid, high profile, results driven roles even outside football . If you can’t hack it and accept it you shouldn’t be in the role.
18:29, Sun 26 Nov
Tom TheProject Brady

I can't really understand the need to now refer to JE as "Kiddy Harriers reject DVB" .I think whilst he was here he did a decent job and has conducted himself with dignity since leaving.Makes you sound a bit childish to be honest.
Time to just move on and get behind the new manager without the need to make silly remarks about the previous one.
It certainly sounded it. I nearly went but then remembered I’ve been 3 times and seen us lose every time.
18:31, Sun 26 Nov
What’s his surname then?
Tony Fantastico
18:37, Sun 26 Nov
Yeah I don’t get this either. He wasn’t a world beater and I maintain he wouldn’t have got us any further than mid table, but he did a commendable job in keeping us up last season. And I don’t think Rooney is an upgrade over him on what I’ve seen so far, but he has every chance to prove me wrong.
18:38, Sun 26 Nov
? No that ones above my limited intelligence Rab.
18:39, Sun 26 Nov
davenports
Tom TheProject Brady

I can't really understand the need to now refer to JE as "Kiddy Harriers reject DVB" .

Because some people are big babies. Simple

And as for booing, we got booed off at HT against Plymouth, a game we were drawing after a great start to the season when people were buzzing. The reason was because it was a shit first half and that’s the way the fans can articulate that in the heat of the moment.

The people trying to dictate how their fellow fans choose to react are just weird
18:39, Sun 26 Nov
Type JE’s surname and press post 😉
Tony Fantastico
18:40, Sun 26 Nov
Iain_Gavin
davenports
Tom TheProject Brady

I can't really understand the need to now refer to JE as "Kiddy Harriers reject DVB" .

Because some people are big babies. Simple

And as for booing, we got booed off at HT against Plymouth, a game we were drawing after a great start to the season when people were buzzing. The reason was because it was a shit first half and that’s the way the fans can articulate that in the heat of the moment.

The people trying to dictate how their fellow fans choose to react are just weird
Irony meter just had a fit
Tony Fantastico
18:44, Sun 26 Nov
Typed "Blues Manager's name ". Came back as Rooney.
18:47, Sun 26 Nov
Type JE’s surname and press post 😉

On this occasion I called JE a DvB.

Because he is.😉