17:11, Mon 27 Nov
WR Blue
I explained it above. It's similar to clapping where it would be almost impossible for the sender to deliver a precise set of verbal instructions - EG in a noisy stadium, some way back from the pitch. Therefore a crowd of people are able to send a message expressing their feelings as a unit. Once one person starts, others can choose to join in, not join in, or deliver the opposite message.

Are you suggesting the opposite - that when people boo the team which many of them have supported their whole life, they specifically want the team to fail because of the booing? If so, I disagree. I think that they want the team to know that they disapprove of something because they want the team to win - IE they are supporting the team. But due to the circumstances they are having to express that support that in a manner which may not seem supportive to every person who witnesses it, especially without context (for example).

Focusing on the dictionary definition of constructive criticism is veering away somewhat from the specific context of where this argument started, which was your original comment -

Tom TheProject Brady
Booing is not “expressing support”. No matter how much you wish it to be.

I'm arguing that it is expressing support.

Reminds me of this...
17:14, Mon 27 Nov
WR Blue
Yeh, I had a feeling you'd avoid answering the question again.

😂😂 I see others have 'answered your question' for me.

How on earth do you go about answering such utter and complete wibble? I literally gave up reading after your first sentence. Let's have a reprise....

"a) it should be obvious to most that whoever was booing was probably not booing due to a simple mistake, but rather they are displaying their displeasure at the whole concept of trying to suddenly re-train a team mid-season to adopt a whole new playing style which might not be suitable for that league/that group of players."

Even for SHA, that is almost certainly the maddest, most presumptuous, speaking for others, confirmation biased, utter drivel I have probably read on here. Congrats! I didn't think it was possible to have a winner, but we have...I thought your claims that everyone was trying to deny you your right to criticise were fairly nuts and a bit paranoid, but this is just top notch 👏
Up the feckin Blues
My Blue Heaven
We won Saturday

Stop moaning you weird prick

😂😂
Up the feckin Blues
17:23, Mon 27 Nov
Onel Hernandez
Chairman
I can see why you're asking the question as you don't seem to understand what support means. Here's the dictionary definition to help.

"to give encouragement and approval to someone or something because you want the person or thing to succeed"

Hopefully you can start doing that now you know.

And have you done that under all managers and previous owners?

The amount of hypocrisy is staggering.

Clearly, 99% of blues have shown their support for the club by wanting the people out who are holding the club back. Some people think Rooney is a negative for the club, some don't and think he needs more time. To make it an argument of support is so disingenuous and hypocritical.
I answered you yesterday tbf. What’s hypocritical about not booing Rooney or other managers who I weren’t arsed if they got sacked or not?
Tony Fantastico
17:38, Mon 27 Nov
Onel Hernandez

Clearly, 99% of blues have shown their support for the club by wanting the people out who are holding the club back. Some people think Rooney is a negative for the club, some don't and think he needs more time. To make it an argument of support is so disingenuous and hypocritical.

Yes I have. Always support the team at games. Would never boo as it's a stupid thing to do in my eyes. I'd question why I'm actually there if I started.

I don't see anything positive in booing players. If anything it'll just make them play worse if they've made an error or playing a certain way.

The last owners were awful obviously and I've never been a fan of every manager we've had (think that's normal) but would never boo the team.
19:59, Mon 27 Nov
Chairman
Onel Hernandez

Yes I have. Always support the team at games. Would never boo as it's a stupid thing to do in my eyes. I'd question why I'm actually there if I started.

I don't see anything positive in booing players. If anything it'll just make them play worse if they've made an error or playing a certain way.

The last owners were awful obviously and I've never been a fan of every manager we've had (think that's normal) but would never boo the team.

👍 Well said.
I accept some need to vent, but booing players is only negative. They are human, if they hear their support booing them what does that do to confidence?
Boo at the end of the game if it's your way of making yourself heard and no one can stop you booing during the game, but if you don't think it's having a detrimental effect on the players, you are deluding yourself.
Up the feckin Blues
20:32, Mon 27 Nov
WR Blue
Bluesince62
Yaarrs, I'm not sure having a bit of a word with a good mate who's making a tit of himself, is quite the same as booing your keeper after 11 mins for making a simple mistake 😁

a) it should be obvious to most that whoever was booing was probably not booing due to a simple mistake, but rather they are displaying their displeasure at the whole concept of trying to suddenly re-train a team mid-season to adopt a whole new playing style which might not be suitable for that league/that group of players. They chose a point to vocalise this displeasure right at the point where it is most apparent - the keeper made a poor decision to play out from the back and lost the ball.

b) it's an analogy and there is a question within it. If you don't appreciate the analogy just consider the question outside of the analogy - are people better supporters for staying quiet and pretending that they think this is working well and applauding the errors, or are they better supporters for letting the team know that they feel that this 'forcing a square peg into a round hole situation' is not a good use of resources (IE the team) in a verbal but none-offensive manner? Have you considered the possibility that the players hate this change as well but feel that their hands are tied (Cook threatened to part ways with anybody not on board with the program) and might be desperate for the fans to let the manager and owners know that they don't approve and don't think that it's working or a good idea in the first place? So what makes a good supporter in that scenario? Applauding rubbish?

What a load of tosh !
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
20:50, Mon 27 Nov
WR Blue
Bluesince62
Yaarrs, I'm not sure having a bit of a word with a good mate who's making a tit of himself, is quite the same as booing your keeper after 11 mins for making a simple mistake 😁

a) it should be obvious to most that whoever was booing was probably not booing due to a simple mistake, but rather they are displaying their displeasure at the whole concept of trying to suddenly re-train a team mid-season to adopt a whole new playing style which might not be suitable for that league/that group of players. They chose a point to vocalise this displeasure right at the point where it is most apparent - the keeper made a poor decision to play out from the back and lost the ball.

b) it's an analogy and there is a question within it. If you don't appreciate the analogy just consider the question outside of the analogy - are people better supporters for staying quiet and pretending that they think this is working well and applauding the errors, or are they better supporters for letting the team know that they feel that this 'forcing a square peg into a round hole situation' is not a good use of resources (IE the team) in a verbal but none-offensive manner? Have you considered the possibility that the players hate this change as well but feel that their hands are tied (Cook threatened to part ways with anybody not on board with the program) and might be desperate for the fans to let the manager and owners know that they don't approve and don't think that it's working or a good idea in the first place? So what makes a good supporter in that scenario? Applauding rubbish?

What a load of tosh !

Well i just heard Cook encouraging fans to question decisions they believe aren't "world class" .....

.... but i don't agree with booing players when they have given their all, however bad they are ..... and especially not Knightjead who will be brilliant for the club
21:01, Mon 27 Nov
For the record I haven't booed anybody, but I questioned whether this was accurate -

Tom TheProject Brady

...and offered a counter-position. As you can see, the majority of replies were one-liners containing sarcasm, abuse or similar. Most seemed to have completely missed my point and seem to think that booing is a terrible crime but abusing fellow fans on a forum without provocation is perfectly OK.
21:24, Mon 27 Nov
Dear oh dear. The victim again.
If you are going to claim booing is constructive criticism, you are going to get laughed at tbh.
I'm still trying to work out if you are on the wind up or not.
If you are, it's pretty good 👍
Up the feckin Blues
21:28, Mon 27 Nov
I did wonder.
21:30, Mon 27 Nov
For the record I haven't booed anybody, but I questioned whether this was accurate -

Tom TheProject Brady

...and offered a counter-position. As you can see, the majority of replies were one-liners containing sarcasm, abuse or similar. Most seemed to have completely missed my point and seem to think that booing is a terrible crime but abusing fellow fans on a forum without provocation is perfectly OK.

Yes, but that same person has also resorted to "mouth breathers" and "Luddites" and well as various other bits of abuse towards anyone raising legitimate questions.

Best to forget about him - besides, i've never seen him post anything relevant anyway
21:35, Mon 27 Nov
Oh come on Rags we’ve had some decent chats on here in the 14 (lol) years I’ve been a member here x
21:41, Mon 27 Nov
Blimey Rags, tonight I've seen a claim on here that booing is an alternative way of supporting the players, how can that not be greeted with the hilarity it deserves? 😁

The SHA's gone Tom.
Up the feckin Blues
21:42, Mon 27 Nov
Oh come on Rags we’ve had some decent chats on here in the 14 (lol) years I’ve been a member here x

Yes mate i know, and partly on the wind-up ... but describing anyone questioning Rooney's appointment as a "mouth breather" was a bit uncalled for wasn't it ?