10:55, Mon 27 Nov
Thanks for bringing that up. It’s about time someone did
11:01, Mon 27 Nov
to call our old manager names who did a great job.

😂😂😂
11:21, Mon 27 Nov
Liam of Brum
Having just caught up on this thread...

What an appalling and totally unforced error to change the manager.

16 pages of fans been divided on who they want and what they want.

Apparently even a change on the forum to call our old manager names who did a great job.

What a balls up!

After the WBA game we had unity and a massive amount of positivity.

The errors have been incredibly childish from Cook, repeatedly claiming things will be world class and then bringing in WR. Making the sacking at a time of very tough games and when WR cannot bring in his own players.

These things will not be fixed quickly. Such a shame!

Just when you think things are on the up we do a Blues.

KRO

Change ‘great job’ for ‘good job’ and I pretty much agree with this summary.

Rooney ‘might’ turn out to be a good appointment, he might not. Don’t think we needed to jump when we did for someone unproven.

The atmosphere and unity has changed massively since the Albion game. Better results and performances would obviously get it back, hopefully that will happen. We’ll see in time.
11:23, Mon 27 Nov
Tha Project OBE
Thanks for bringing that up. It’s about time someone did

Linked Image
11:40, Mon 27 Nov
theAtlas
Liam of Brum

Change ‘great job’ for ‘good job’ and I pretty much agree with this summary.

Rooney ‘might’ turn out to be a good appointment, he might not. Don’t think we needed to jump when we did for someone unproven.

The atmosphere and unity has changed massively since the Albion game. Better results and performances would obviously get it back, hopefully that will happen. We’ll see in time.

Yeah that's fine.

Maybe the fans should club together and buy Cook some 90s style quotes to put in his office.

"Never change a winning team"
"If its not broke, don't fix it"
"Under promise and over deliver"
"Say less, do more"

Just joking :)

Cook, Brady and MVP Wagner have been brilliant and the future is bright with them. The next manager will be much more well though out, I have no doubt about it.
11:46, Mon 27 Nov
Super Hans
I’ve not suggested anything, you said it’s too soon to write him off after 6 games so I wondered how long you’re prepared to give him.

For what it’s worth at this point I think you need to stick with Rooney for the long term well in to next season regardless of what happens before the end of the season, to play how he wants to play we need to make a lot of signings throughout the squad that we can’t afford in January. Let’s hope we can get enough points for that to be in the Championship next season.

I agree with your view that the owners will give him that time - but I think if there is evidence things are improving and we don’t have a disastrous set of results that cause a real crisis. I still refuse to consider half a dozen games as nothing more than enabling a tentative view to form. From my own perspective I would say that I would hope after January to see some consistent patterns of play and performance- not by any means necessarily the ‘finished article’ but enough to be encouraged. In my view a manager’s team should be able to suggest he’s got it after 3-4 months in charge.
12:36, Mon 27 Nov
Tha Project OBE
Good to see Ian Holloway and his shit anologies are alive and kicking.

Speaking as a friend.

😂 Touche!
13:23, Mon 27 Nov
Yaarrs, I'm not sure having a bit of a word with a good mate who's making a tit of himself, is quite the same as booing your keeper after 11 mins for making a simple mistake 😁
Up the feckin Blues
14:08, Mon 27 Nov
Bluesince62
Yaarrs, I'm not sure having a bit of a word with a good mate who's making a tit of himself, is quite the same as booing your keeper after 11 mins for making a simple mistake 😁

a) it should be obvious to most that whoever was booing was probably not booing due to a simple mistake, but rather they are displaying their displeasure at the whole concept of trying to suddenly re-train a team mid-season to adopt a whole new playing style which might not be suitable for that league/that group of players. They chose a point to vocalise this displeasure right at the point where it is most apparent - the keeper made a poor decision to play out from the back and lost the ball.

b) it's an analogy and there is a question within it. If you don't appreciate the analogy just consider the question outside of the analogy - are people better supporters for staying quiet and pretending that they think this is working well and applauding the errors, or are they better supporters for letting the team know that they feel that this 'forcing a square peg into a round hole situation' is not a good use of resources (IE the team) in a verbal but none-offensive manner? Have you considered the possibility that the players hate this change as well but feel that their hands are tied (Cook threatened to part ways with anybody not on board with the program) and might be desperate for the fans to let the manager and owners know that they don't approve and don't think that it's working or a good idea in the first place? So what makes a good supporter in that scenario? Applauding rubbish?
14:36, Mon 27 Nov
WR Blue
Bluesince62

a) it should be obvious to most that whoever was booing was probably not booing due to a simple mistake, but rather they are displaying their displeasure at the whole concept of trying to suddenly re-train a team mid-season to adopt a whole new playing style which might not be suitable for that league/that group of players. They chose a point to vocalise this displeasure right at the point where it is most apparent - the keeper made a poor decision to play out from the back and lost the ball.

b) it's an analogy and there is a question within it. If you don't appreciate the analogy just consider the question outside of the analogy - are people better supporters for staying quiet and pretending that they think this is working well and applauding the errors, or are they better supporters for letting the team know that they feel that this 'forcing a square peg into a round hole situation' is not a good use of resources (IE the team) in a verbal but none-offensive manner? Have you considered the possibility that the players hate this change as well but feel that their hands are tied (Cook threatened to part ways with anybody not on board with the program) and might be desperate for the fans to let the manager and owners know that they don't approve and don't think that it's working or a good idea in the first place? So what makes a good supporter in that scenario? Applauding rubbish?

Effing hell.
Up the feckin Blues
15:42, Mon 27 Nov
Yeh, I had a feeling you'd avoid answering the question again.
15:56, Mon 27 Nov
I can see why you're asking the question as you don't seem to understand what support means. Here's the dictionary definition to help.

"to give encouragement and approval to someone or something because you want the person or thing to succeed"

Hopefully you can start doing that now you know.
16:10, Mon 27 Nov
Chairman
I can see why you're asking the question as you don't seem to understand what support means. Here's the dictionary definition to help.

"to give encouragement and approval to someone or something because you want the person or thing to succeed"

Have you ever heard a parent or school teacher explaining to a child that the reason they were told off was for their own good? For example, if they put their hand in a fire or break something valuable by playing with it, perhaps not realising that it wasn't a toy.

If you can understand that this concept is designed to support the child then you can also understand the concept of constructive criticism.

If a player is playing poorly, the manger often verbally points this out to him. When a team is playing poorly and the manager doesn't seem to be addressing the issue adequately, the crowd will adopt the role of the manager in this instance and let the team know verbally that they don't approve and want them to change. Collectively 'booing' is a common technique which seems to have developed orgnically which allows a group to express disapproval without (as much as is possible) being rude.

They are supporting the team by booing just as the teacher is supporting the child by scolding them verbally. They are concerned that the team doesn't realise that their strategy is poor and with the advantage of an elevated viewpoint the fans are supporting the team by letting them know that it's not working and they're likely to lose the game.
16:12, Mon 27 Nov
That is absolutely mental
16:13, Mon 27 Nov
Chairman

Have you ever heard a parent or school teacher explaining to a child that the reason they were told off was for their own good? For example, if they put their hand in a fire or break something valuable by playing with it, perhaps not realising that it wasn't a toy.

If you can understand that this concept is designed to support the child then you can also understand the concept of constructive criticism.

If a player is playing poorly, the manger often verbally points this out to him. When a team is playing poorly and the manager doesn't seem to be addressing the issue adequately, the crowd will adopt the role of the manager in this instance and let the team know verbally that they don't approve and want them to change. Collectively 'Booing' is a common technique which seems to have developed orgnically which allows a group to express disapproval without (as much as is possible) being rude.

They are supporting the team by booing just as the teacher is supporting the child by scolding them verbally.

So you think luddites inn the Kop booing players is constructive criticism for their own good?

That's effing mental 😂😂😂😂